• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup Final |OT| Germany defeats Argentina 1-0 after extra time

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
uJ0ZPtT.jpg

Stainless

I am picking Germany to win but I have to say it is amazing to me that Argentina made it this far. I thought they were going to be eliminated in the quarters. I thought for sure they'd be gone in the semi, especially without Di Maria. They keep surprising me so of course anything is possible. I am rooting for Argentina because I like the way Messi plays. It's not the skill, it's that he doesn't flail like he got shanked any time someone fouls him

I am really looking forward for tonight's match. WC finals are always something exciting and most of the time there is hardly a team that absolutely dominates the other.

I want to see Germany winning this WC, they have been by far the best team, although overall I don't like the way they play.

In the other hand, to watch Argentina winning the WC in Brazil for sure will be one if not the most epic exponential growth of salt in any country in the whole history of mankind :D

Spartacus

Never thought i would say this, but.... Go Germany!

As long as it's a better game to watch then the last WC final. That was the most cringeworthy game ever.

SkylineRKR

I want to see Germany winning this WC, they have been by far the best team, although overall I don't like the way they play.

In the other hand, to watch Argentina winning the WC in Brazil for sure will be one if not the most epic exponential growth of salt in any country in the whole history of mankind :D

The same tournament that gave them a record breaking loss and 2 losses in a row at that. Argentina winning might be pushing it. Brazil have been punched in the face enough already.

But the good news is that they can rebuild and revise as the likes of Zico demand. They've fallen behind. Winning 2002 was mostly because of their top generation that happened, and a very weak tournament with weak opposition. Turkey and SK fighting for third, yeah no. In short, Scolari is a hack.

Talon

Ok. Someone needs to explain to me why (give me a legitimate reason) Brazil and Argentina actively root against each other with such hatred. I would they think they would support each other considering they are neighbors/in the same conference. For instance, I'll always root for B1G teams even if they are rivals of my alma mater.
You are a dumbfuck if you're rooting for a conference rival ever.

If anyone really thinks the Germans are cocky you are in for a surprise. They are more machine then men. They don't even experience emotions like confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom