• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup | OT | 17 June – 2 July 2017 | Putin on a show

RocknRola

2-0 for Portugal BUT it seems Bernardo Silva got himself injured while scoring (a mix of a sliding tackle and a twisted ankle). Not intentional by the New Zealand defender though, one of those things that just happens.

Hope it's nothing serious.

Edit:

Ah, it seems he's back on the pitch. Good :)

RocknRola

Uh, Bernardo Silva got subbed out for the 2nd half. Hope it's more of a precaution than anything else, we already have 1 dude injured (and another that couldn't even come because he also got injured).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I've been a defender of Osorio for the most part, but the lack of a holding midfielder and a right back in the whole squad is showing in this match. It's inexcusable.

LAM09

Right. I was thinking of them as WC hosts, not Confed hosts.

I'm talking about in general. This is an early showing of what to expect next year. They look absolutely clueless and better hope the draw is kind to them.

Game over!

Edit: VAR doing it's bit

azyless

I'm talking about in general. This is an early showing of what to expect next year. They look absolutely clueless and better hope the draw is kind to them.

Game over!

Edit: VAR doing it's bit
Now think about Qatar 2022. They finished 5th in their group of the AFC world cup qualifiers, behind Uzbekistan and freaking Syria. 2022 is still a while away obviously but it's not looking good.

Top Bottom