• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup | OT | 17 June – 2 July 2017 | Putin on a show

Russia playing like

giphy.gif

LAM09

Now think about Qatar 2022. They finished 5th in their group of the AFC world cup qualifiers, behind Uzbekistan and freaking Syria. 2022 is still a while away obviously but it's not looking good.

I know they'll make their own set of records. Lol!

RocknRola

3-0!

I think Portugal now has assured the first place. I think Mexico needs to score 2 to get the 1st place. Not impossible of course, but they're already short on time.

Either that or they'll hire a bunch of foreigners to play for the national team. Already happens a lot in Futsal.

FIFA passed a rule 10+ years ago to mitigate this. Because Qatar was trying to buy Ailton and some other high-profile players. They still do it but with the waiting period from the rules they don't really get any big time players.

Osorio must be luckiest bad manager ever coaching at national level.

This is terrible...
We're leading the WC qualifying for the first time since 2005 and he's getting us through to the semifinals in the Confederations Cup for the first time since 2005 as well. You may not like his ways but he's getting the results. You don't get those by being bad. Christ.

We're leading the WC qualifying and he's erring us through to the semifinals in the Confederations Cup for the first time since 2005. You may not like his ways but he's getting the results. You don't get those by being bad. Christ.

I don't think we saw the same matches...

Digo, la eliminatoria es en CONCACAF, con un montón de equipos en crisis. 1 - 1 con un EEUU que llego acobardado y las caiditas. Y esta copa? Puras pifias de los rivales, ofensiva y defensivamente. Luego pasa como con Chile. Y sigue la Copa de Oro XO.

Osorio the tactical genius. Always seems to get results no matter what weird lineup he sends out.

We're gonna get wrecked in semis with this defense.

Mesousa

Banned
The guy tied against the european champions and beat the hosts at the FIFA Confederations Cup. Give Osorio a break for chrissakes.

Osorio will never bring anybody to the promise land, and you know it on the inside.

Him grinding out these results are hurting Mexico in the end.

Osorio will never bring anybody to the promise land, and you know it on the inside.

Him grinding out these results are hurting Mexico in the end.
If he can get quarter finals in the World Cup. People will probably forgive his grinding out results. That's what Mexico wants the most.

Get a win in the round of 16. If he doesn't. Then his good record doesn't mean anything.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Reminder that Osorio already tied what Lavolpe did in 2005 and people keep licking that guy's balls.
The guy tied against the european champions and beat the hosts at the FIFA Confederations Cup. Give Osorio a break for chrissakes.
Osorio could win the Confederations (unlikely) and people would still want him crucified. Only way the 7-0 gets forgotten is if he gets us through the QFs at the World Cup, sadly.

Ninman

Reminder that Osorio already tied what Lavolpe did in 2005 and people keep licking that guy's balls.

Osorio could win the Confederations (unlikely) and people would still want him crucified. Only way the 7-0 gets forgotten is if he gets us through the QFs at the World Cup, sadly.
But that team was playing a lot better than todays team.

Cess007

I don't get the hate for Osorio. Sure, the game ain't a showcase for spectacular football, but the guy was hired for a single thing: get us to the World Cup and he's doing it on spades. I mean, it's better than praying and hoping for miracles like the last qualifiers!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
But that team was playing a lot better than todays team.
That I will agree with. But you know what? I like that, for the first time in two decades of following this team, it is our rivals who have the game taken away from their hands instead of us having to suffer the disappointment. It's a nice feeling.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
That I will agree with. But you know what? I like that, for the first time in two decades of following this team, it is our rivals who have the game taken away from their hands instead of us having to suffer the disappointment. It's a nice feeling.

cant wait for you to break down like always...pretty funny seeing you cry out the sky's falling in every game then get all optimistic when we score or win and shake hands with everyone..lol

Another positive: the "puto" shout for second consecutive game wasn't there. Good for the Mexican fans over there.
KGB agents has banned our fans who chant it..

v1lla21

We level up when playing against a strong team
This is also very true. We always talk about how when teams like Honduras only go HAM when they play against Mexico, but Mexico does the same when they play bigger teams.

Another positive: the "puto" shout for second consecutive game wasn't there. Good for the Mexican fans over there.
Yeah, let's just see how it goes in la liga mx.

Fucking true! I still hear about the great moment we had in 2005 with that Confederations Cup where we ended in fourth. Osorio is already at least fourth!

KGB agents has banned our fans who chant it..
Don't know if you're joking but there's no record on FIFA or FMF that Mexican fans were expelled from the Mexico vs New Zeland game. There are however reports of a few shouting in that game but were quickly told to shut up by either authorities, other fans or both and that was that.

PsychBat!

Banned
That team had Marquez and Pardo on their prime. It also had Blanco but we all know what happened.
I remember. What a complete fool move by Lavolpe. And the ensuing shitstorm that followed was epic. Every critic and fan was just baffled.

Top Bottom