• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup | OT | 17 June – 2 July 2017 | Putin on a show

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Don't know if you're joking but there's no record on FIFA or FMF that Mexican fans were expelled from the Mexico vs New Zeland game. There are however reports of a few shouting in that game but were quickly told to shut up by either authorities, other fans or both and that was that.

not joking fifa has russian peeps look out for the any mexican shouting the chant and promptly banning them from any confed matches.

also is it me or does that terrible commentator from FS1 sounds like the mexican version of yoda with that thick english accent? lmao

janoDX

Mexico will face either Germany or Chile. Most probably Chile.

Mexico is screwed.

Portugal vs either team will be a good game.

Interesting match so far, Australia is playing like there's no tomorrow, I like that, but at the same time, some of their players are playing a bit too rough. I hope they calm down in that regard.

That's my biggest fear, Alexis, Vidal, Díaz, Aránguiz & Medel are the ones that need to be on the field, always, otherwise, Chile suffers.

Australia's two beat players are on the bench. Mooy and rogic.

So if we get to the second half equal or in front, watch out when they come on to try to win it for us.

They started the last two games but aren't fit enough for three in a row.

Zasa

That's my biggest fear, Alexis, Vidal, Díaz, Aránguiz & Medel are the ones that need to be on the field, always, otherwise, Chile suffers.
Yeah for sure, I hope Pizzi takes him out if we're up 2-0. Just in case. Jara's the only other one on a tight rope but he's way less important.

Damn thought we would score there.

I don't see Aussies ending this game with 11

Yeah, the guys with the cards will be subbed in the second half.

I think the commentator said there have been five red cards in the last four games between these two teams. Haha

RocknRola

So, let's assume the impossible does happen and Australia wins. Would they get the 2nd spot with the current 1-0 result or would they need to score more?

The only thing that infuriates me about Chile is the so many missed chances in every match.

At this point I've lost my hope in that regard and it's almost the only aspect that stops me of dreaming seeing Chile winning the WC. You just can't win that tournament against strong teams, missing so many chances.

Ahh well, let's see what happens in the second half.

RocknRola

Damn, they really let that last chance go.

It was a centre backs finish that was for sure.

The only thing that infuriates me about Chile is the so many missed chances in every match.

At this point I've lost my hope in that regard and it's almost the only aspect that stops me of dreaming seeing Chile winning the WC. You just can't win that tournament against strong teams, missing so many chances.

Ahh well, let's see what happens in the second half.

It's football, anything can happen.

Australia are champions of Asia. Thats about half the world's population. Not a mug team.

If Cameroon beats Germany by a Goal but scores less than Australia, Australia can apparently get through by winning by a goal only....

So 2-1 Australia and 1-0 Cameroon, Australia go through.

Top Bottom