• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Tenn. jail official called the KKK ‘more American’ than Obama. Now fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainForce

Banned
At least he was fired for it, which means people aren't putting up with it. Wonder if that will change when Trump's in office.

RPGCrazied

At least he was fired for it, which means people aren't putting up with it. Wonder if that will change when Trump's in office.

Yeah. I think its going to. I hope so. Just cause we are going to be led by this man, doesn't mean we all have to be racist assholes.

tumblr_myqrr79jCg1t6cr7go1_1280.jpg

This reminds me of the bit in South Park where Randy runs around screaming "change!" after Obama wins, doing a bunch of crazy shit. Then he wakes up the next day, finds out just because Obama is president doesn't mean he can get away with crazy shit, and finds out he's fired.

"But Obama said things would change!"

Just like a black President didn't end racism, a racist president won't created KKK land any time soon.

That's a great take. Really Is. We are not in KKK land.

Odrion

Banned
tumblr_myqrr79jCg1t6cr7go1_1280.jpg

This reminds me of the bit in South Park where Randy runs around screaming "change!" after Obama wins, doing a bunch of crazy shit. Then he wakes up the next day, finds out just because Obama is president doesn't mean he can get away with crazy shit, and finds out he's fired.

"But Obama said things would change!"

Just like a black President didn't end racism, a racist president won't created KKK land any time soon.
what is this based on? the idea that the momentum of equal rights is tied to the momentum of white supremacy? is it just based on a cartoon that you watched?

verdures

I was hoping that thefreepatriot.org was going to be one of those fake news sites run by Macedonian teenagers, but it looks like it's just some crank in Michigan who is racist as shit

Wow, that's some of the worst false equivalence I've seen in quite a while.

Yeah I'd admit it's not great. My intent was to highlight that a new President doesn't mean the country has suddenly radically changed and you can do whatever you want.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Yeah I'd admit it's not great. My intent was to highlight that a new President doesn't mean the country has suddenly radically changed and you can do whatever you want.
No, but Trump and the Republican-controlled Congress and Supreme Court can sure pass some extremely racist and regressive lesiglation.

No, but Trump and the Republican-controlled Congress and Supreme Court can sure pass some extremely racist and regressive lesiglation.

Fair enough. I'm only really addressing the period of time between election and inauguration, which is the point of time in which Randy acts all crazy in the given South Park episode. Racists pretending the world has suddenly becoming acceptable are jumping the gun.

The actual fallout from the Republican government's actions after inauguration? Rest assured, I'm concerned. That's a different episode entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom