• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with three flexible membership options

sol_bad

Brought $100 PSN card for $84.5 with a special in a local shop. So will pay 1 year of extra with that. Finished Miles Morales, now playing Ghost of Tsushima, then returnal and demon soul, then Death Stranding. The total to own those games to me is $302 minus the $84.5. I saved $217.5 not bad at all. Already had Guardian of the Galaxy and someday will try AC: Valhalla. I prefer physical but to save money is even better and still play those games.

Do you mean you "own" them on PS+? You do realise that you don't actually own them and if you ever end your subscription you can no longer play them right?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
i5mkqux.jpg

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

That's twice now

TGO

Price is right for one of the best fighting games created.
Other then that it don't seem to be live for me.... I'm in the UK btw
Edit, had to reboot.
Probably because I was already on when it went live.

Last edited:

T-Cake

Hopefully the niggles will be fixed whilst I sleep. Batman Arkham games can only be streamed and not downloaded currently.

AGRacing

Gold Member
Super Stardust Portable up..... I own it.... but in a nice "fuck you" from my friends at Sony.. I need to subscribe to play it.

Keep on keepin' on guys.

TLZ

Banned
Man what the heck did they do to the store again? I thought they finally fixed the sort by price thing with the discounts applied, but now it's back to how it was with prices sorted by original price instead of current/discounted price.

ManaByte

I just double checked and you are right, it must be Tekken 3 I am thinking of?

Correct, Tekken 3 was System 12 which was like a PlayStation Pro. The arcade hardware was more powerful, so the 3D backgrounds were made 2D, the characters had less polys, and it ran at a lower resolution.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I am not even sure I’m going to upgrade at all….. I think I’m happy with essential for the time being, I think I’d just be overwhelmed with what to play to be honest. I can barely play what I’ve got as it is, that’s the real issue with subscription services that I have, I just hope the content doesn’t get watered down as was the worry.

jm89

Japanese selection looks a bit better than what was on psnow, especially for PS4. Maybe the Japan hater got removed from picking the games.

Guess ill be sticking to the regular tier, this is too overpriced next to what i get with game pass ultimate. Im sure many will find this new service just what they wanted though.

jm89

Hopefully the niggles will be fixed whilst I sleep. Batman Arkham games can only be streamed and not downloaded currently.
I hope that is a genuine error and not a sneaky way of allowing certain titles only playable over premium through the cloud when they should technically be downloadable on ps plus extra.

Last edited:

Chronicle

I am not even sure I’m going to upgrade at all….. I think I’m happy with essential for the time being, I think I’d just be overwhelmed with what to play to be honest. I can barely play what I’ve got as it is, that’s the real issue with subscription services that I have, I just hope the content doesn’t get watered down as was the worry.
It's the upgrade price that makes it worth it for me ATM. I share the same sentiments as you on sub services. Not sure if I'll continue. But Returnal and Demon Souls makes it worth it for me right now. I'll try death stranding too something I never would have bought.

But you're right, time will tell on these services. I ha e my doubts about quality going forward.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Only had a couple of months left on existing sub, so upgrade was cheap. There's just about enough on premium to make the few quid over extra worth it for a year.

Interested to see how it all shakes out over time because it seems to me that the downside to maintaining a multi-tier service is that they'll need to continue to keep every tier equally fresh. Which might be a bit difficult given that the pool of stuff they have to draw on for each is kinda variable. I assume they'll have to be doing a lot of remastering/emulation.

reinking

Gold Member
Only had a couple of months left on existing sub, so upgrade was cheap. There's just about enough on premium to make the few quid over extra worth it for a year.

Interested to see how it all shakes out over time because it seems to me that the downside to maintaining a multi-tier service is that they'll need to continue to keep every tier equally fresh. Which might be a bit difficult given that the pool of stuff they have to draw on for each is kinda variable. I assume they'll have to be doing a lot of remastering/emulation.
If my sub was closer to the end I would upgrade to play a couple of games but I have little desire to permanently upgrade my current plan. I am not sure it would have been possible for Sony to implement a way to downgrade mid-subscription but it would have been a nice option.

TGO

I hope they bring Soul Blade/Edge.
Playing Tekken 2 brought a smile to my face.
Also please note that we all knew Tekken 2 was the NTSC version, from what I can tell REDC isn't PAL but I don't have no framerate counter so don't take my word.
They may have just removed the boarders
Other games may well be PAL versions.

Last edited:

NewYork214

Don't know if it was a fluke but psnow always sucked for me with streaming games. Had a craving to play resistance last night. It was seamless. Next day off. I'm gonna test a few more games.

Also, sony really needs to bring resistance back. Game is so fun. Guns are all amazing to use.

T-Cake

I hope that is a genuine error and not a sneaky way of allowing certain titles only playable over premium through the cloud when they should technically be downloadable on ps plus extra.

Just a blip. Arkham Asylum and City are downloading now.

bitbydeath

I thought people were saying you couldn’t buy the classics individually? There’s a small few you can’t atm but most look to have been uploaded to PSN for sale already.

Z4kqRNY.jpg

Last edited:

Shmunter

It’s out, Trials are lacking, so strike Permium till it gets sorted out, if ever.

Extra is bountiful. This will hit À la cart game sales no doubt. Sad day for the platform.

TGO

I thought people were saying you couldn’t buy the classics individually? There’s a small few you can’t atm but most look to have been uploaded to PSN for sale already.

Z4kqRNY.jpg
Certain Classic like Tekken 2 & REDC you couldn't.

Last edited:
Honestly I'd be fine with PlayStation Extra. I only got bumped to Premium cause I had Psnow.

They really need to work on the classics part. Emulator is quite poor tbh.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Lmao the fuck does "being ripped off" have to do with it? There's no justification needed. Sony's fine with allowing cheaper annual options so MS should be too

They already do though, Gold to GPU is the cheapest option to get 1 year of the service. They don't really need to make any more annual concessions, unless it comes to that Gold and Game Pass get merged in the coming months anyway.

They already do though, Gold to GPU is the cheapest option to get 1 year of the service. They don't really need to make any more annual concessions, unless it comes to that Gold and Game Pass get merged in the coming months anyway.

What a stupid comparison. That's not what i'm talking about and you know it.

bitbydeath

So the total cost is similar.

I would of thought they would of done 50% off for the first 3months or something.
Yeah, there will be sales by the time mine comes up again, I usually catch them every year so this with Extra would equal around the standard PS+ price for me. But yeah, just one month left probably doesn’t help your case.

Top Bottom