• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Black Friday deals

v1lla21

Dammit. The deal for Ray Donovan was only for DVD. Going to sleep empty handed. Oh well, still have cyber monday to look forward to.

If you use earbuds, get those sennheiser headphones lol

I've never used them personally but going from earbuds to actual headphones=
ssxybj.gif

I have SOL headphones and I can't go back to earbuds after getting actual headphones

The difference will have you like
SLkhKIT.gif

Probably some is the best bang for your buck headphones at the $200 price range.

For $99..... Damn.
They've never been cheaper than like $170ish.

Got em! I am reading they aren't too great for hip hop, which is probably my favorite/most listened to genre, but I'm not too worried. I'm sure they'll still sound a lot better than my crappy $20 panasonic headphones from last black friday!

chaosaeon

Anybody else notice this?

ac3db30b94.jpg

Maybe Amazon might screw up and end up taking $100 off.

A man can dream. ;_;

Was wanting to check out some Astros. Type them up on Amazon, not on sale. Seems about right. 90% of the sales I've looked up are not even on, unless they were 5 minute deals.

Rainy

Banned
I picked up a few games I wanted for a while so I'm satisfied. Have you guys liked the amazon sale so far this year?

LQX

I been stalking those Sennheiser HD 598 for months hoping for even a $20 discount. This might be my biggest BF pickup yet...and I'm going strictly off the praise they seem to get. Cant wait.

Ordered the Astro mix-amp to go with them. $79, normally $129. I have the old model and it is great. Works on everything.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NY5ZNZA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

wilflare

I been stalking those Sennheiser HD 598 for months hoping for even a $20 discount. This might be my biggest BF pickup yet...and I'm going strictly off the praise they seem to get. Cant wait.

Ordered the Astro mix-amp to go with them. $79, normally $129. I have the old model and it is great. Works on everything.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NY5ZNZA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

is there any difference between the new and old model?
thinking whether to upgrade from the 2013 model

Enco

598s look terrible imo.

I'm sure they sound great though. I would buy them if they were in the UK and had a better design.

is the razer blackwidow ultimate 2014 a worthy keyboard for $95? I feel like it would go well with my razer naga but im not that into matching color schemes if something better is available.

as a european I can only say this.

Fuck amazon and their shitty sale, almost nothing I can take advantage of. Their sale last year was great with digital codes for BF4, PS+ etcetera.

My experiance with headphones is limited to the Sony Pulse Elites, which I didn't really enjoy much. I'd assume the Sennheiser HD 598s are way, way better?

So with the 598s...I've never owned an open headphone before. How loud are they to the people around me if I were watching a movie?

Also, is it safe to assume I'd be better off with a pair of headphones like the 598s rather than the Momentums if my primary use will be for movies?

LQX

Sony MDRV6 Studio M now $50

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00001WRSJ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

yea I can't seem to find any info on it as well ><

hmm not sure whether I should get the 598 when I have the Fidelio X1s

It will be a VERY long time before we see them again for $99. Lowest I can recall is $135 last year from Newegg. That's how long I have been looking out for a price drop. Most likely if you do not like them you can for sure make back your money selling them.

BlueSteel

Fuck, bit on the cans.

For that price it's amazing. Open, but in exchange for what purports to be great soundstage on top of a ridiculous price? Excited.

Not sure if they're Black Friday deals specifically, but right now Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is $20, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is $10, and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is $15. Might go for those...

Headphones retain quite a bit of their resale value especially the Sennheiser line. And yes, this is a fucking steal. The HD 558s have rarely hit the $100 mark and the 598s are the better versions of them.

So with the 598s...I've never owned an open headphone before. How loud are they to the people around me if I were watching a movie with them?

Also, is it safe to assume I'd be better off with a pair of headphones like the 598s rather than the Momentums if my primary use will be for movies?

Loud enough, I wouldn't recommend using them around company. But yeah, they're better than the Momentums for movies.

Headphones retain quite a bit of their resale value especially the Sennheiser line. And yes, this is a fucking steal. The HD 558s have rarely hit the $100 mark and the 598s are the better versions of them.

Loud enough, I wouldn't recommend using them around company. But yeah, they're better than the Momentums for movies.

Hmm, that's a shame. I watched a demo of the 598s, and they didn't seem too bad unless I were to max out the volume on the input device. Maybe I'll still try them out. At this price, it doesn't really matter, and I could return/sell them if the sound leak is unbearable to my girlfriend. I wouldn't plan on using these in a library/transportation setting anyway. Just at home around my family so it really depends on how much it affects them.

Top Bottom