• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Black Friday deals

Snagged the X1s for $179.99. Actually glad I missed out on that 50 inch TV yesterday; I wouldn't have gotten these if I had gotten the TV.

Shauni

Hope everyone has gotten what they've wanted so far for Black Friday.

Game wise I've been good. I'm waiting to see what Isolation is for the lightning deal, but after that I'm pretty satisfied.

Not game-wise, though, there's been some disappointments. I was hoping to get good prices on Boardwalk Empire Season 4 and Hannibal Season 2 for Blu-ray, but no dice so far. BB has BE for $15, but ship to store only, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it goes back in stock online or Amazon with meet the price match. Hannibal, though, seems a lost cause unfortunately.

Paskil

Only game I've bought so far was Mario Kart 8 at Wal-Mart for $35. I don't have a WiiU yet, but plan on getting one soon. Figured I won't see something that cheap after xmas, with the way Nintendo game pricing always ends up.

Otherwise, gotten a ton of other stuff including around 50 blu-ray movies, the bulk at $5 or less and a pretty good looking meat smoker for $250.

For any one that is interested, Amazon has Monopoly family fun pack for xbox one for $15. This just came out like a week ago and costs $30 regularly.

http://www.amazon.com/Monopoly-Family-Fun-Pack-Xbox-Standard/dp/B00MXENX82/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417186760&sr=8-1&keywords=monopoly+xbox+one

I bought the PS4 version and it is terrible. Just awful. Very few options, painfully slow animations with no options to speed up. Just, it's just bad.

It's not worth $15.

tcrunch

Okay Amazon, you've given me my Mordor for $25, but you still need to provide something else so I can get to my free shipping breakpoint. Just Dance isn't going to cut it.

I've been pretty disappointed with this year's Black Friday overall. I'm happy about getting a PS4 for $329 on Ebay, but nearly everything else has been so bleh. The games I really wanted to see a sale for didn't even happen like DKC: TP and Bayonetta 2 (I know Nintendo games rarely go on sale, but I figured retailers might do it anyways). And Toys R Us Buy 1 get 1 40% off is so crappy this year because of the game choices... I would have probably done that, but there was only one game I really cared about on there.

Erekiddo

Is Infamous Second Son scheduled to come up as a flash, or is the $20 sale already the discount for today?

The way it's worded on their main deal page is vague.

It's a mixed bag for me. I got GTA+TLOU and a PS4 with the gold wireless headset for less than $500 which is absolutely amazing. Saved around $170 bucks. However, no one did good PS+ deals ($30 for a year) this time around. And the deals for the Surface Pro 3 sucked donkey balls. But I'm still happy.

10733943_10152814344846023_1095410500966108508_o.jpg

Innolis

I got a coworker living in the states, he's coming to visit next month so he asked me If I needed anything. I'm thinking about the Intel Core i7-5820K, is there any possibility that it may get some sort of discount? is it too new?

Shauni

I got Alien Isolation for 30, you guys think it'll go down further? If it does all I gotta do is chat up a cs rep?

I was hoping so, but I'm not so sure now. It was $30 a lot yesterday on Amazon, I assume to price match Best Buy, but now the current gen systems are hovering around $40. I would love $25, but I'm going to expect $30.

I went to gamestop at 12am to get Xillia 2. Fuckers at the first one gave me a "new" open copy with scratches on the fucking disk. Went to my usual gamestop told them my story and the guy immediately gave me a sealed copy and said don't worry about it.

Fuck gamestop's open then sell new policy.

CoG

Shadow of Mordor of Evil Within. Kinda torn and know I am going to hesitate long enough to miss out on both.

Top Bottom