• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe gets labeled a sexist Misogynist by Gamespot

lock2k

Banned
Why do these complaining bozos always look like they don't have much testosterone? They truly don't have it.

Women don't care about them by default and they always have to resort to harassing legit men so they can try to get a crumb of (blue haired whale) pussy.

They don't realize they look even more pathetic acting like a fool while all the girls (including the fugly whales) always want the confident chads.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The editor doesn’t come off as sounding very professional. What makes him analyze and call out someone else? Shouldn’t he focus on delivering his own content for GameSpot? They must pay those people pretty poorly for them to always lose it on social media.

I decided to join twitter and just add gaming industry people, and wow was that a mistake, it's all politics and no game talk, everyone from devs. to presidents of major publications, it's a cesspool of hate. Every single prominent person in the gaming industry on twitter is 100 % political. Twitter is seriously a bad place and it's our generations town square.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Is Gamespot still relevant because I haven’t visited in ages. Always thought they were pretty crappy do begin with but this seals the deal.

Astral Dog

I recently had a spanish flatmate for a few months (had to return to Spain due to corona, mother was sick) and we bonded over the american-spanish-accented but spanish mountain peasants in RE4 lol

Resident evil 4 spanish ganados are a gaming treasure

Matsuchezz

This part of the games industry it is the one i do not like at all. Where sites or people report on stupid things, It is like reading gossip sites that cover hollywood actors on what they said about someone and what that someone replied and vanity stuff but in our case about videogames people. All this info sucks.

Catphish

AJ Remarks

See for yourself, I find this reaction apalling to be honest and shameful for a reviewer with such an audience.
If you find this appalling, you must have a pretty limited knowledge of humanity and its history. I don't advise learning more. I don't think you could handle it. Best to stay inside and make lots of judgments of those happily passing by your window.

Rikoi

SJWs typing personal attacks with 0 backup proof when they can't counter an argument? Where is the surprise?
AJ got 2 million views and 170k likes on his review, of course they are mad, that looks like a crybaby reaction.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Have to wonder how everyone would feel if Joe rated the game a 9/10 or 10/10. I seriously doubt that any of this shit against him would be happening.

I'm not the biggest Angry Joe fan but his review and spoiler video are pretty much spot on. It's just that the majority of critics and the minority of fans don't want to see it.

Joe will be fine though. He doesn't bullshit his fans when it comes to how HE feels about a game when completing it which is the number one reason why I do watch his reviews. Love it or hate it, he's not going to bullshit me.

AmuroChan

Gamespot is fully aware that YT channels like AJ's are eating their lunch when it comes to viewership and relevance. So of course if there's an opportunity to cancel them, Gamespot is going to go all in. They are basically fighting for their survival. Hopefully their efforts go nowhere. The sooner these mainstream woke gaming sites die out, the better.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Curious, did this earn him a special "muh soggy knee" tag?

LordCBH

Why do these complaining bozos always look like they don't have much testosterone? They truly don't have it.

Women don't care about them by default and they always have to resort to harassing legit men so they can try to get a crumb of (blue haired whale) pussy.

They don't realize they look even more pathetic acting like a fool while all the girls (including the fugly whales) always want the confident chads.

it’s the soy addiction. Their bodies have been wrecked and warped by their constant soy intake. It’s not healthy yet they all eat/drink it.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Whiteknighting by a gamespot blogger. I wonder what alleged sexual assaults he may have caused to overcompensate for his current behaviour. It's usually a telltale sign, the bigger the whiteknight, the bigger the hyprocricy.

I saw Angry Joe's review. My view and his are different on TLOU2 but he backed up his argument and that's the point to having different opinions. Reviewers should not call out other reviewers about their reviews as it opens them up and their colleagues to criticism about their body of work. Within seconds everyone who saw this spat, saw a gamespot blogger having difficulty with a Spongebob game. It's like channelling the inner spirit of the one who spent 20 minutes on the Cuphead tutorial.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ExpandKong

Banned
Gamespot is still around? They are about as relevant as a VCR repair store. Saying you’re an editor at gamespot is as prestigious as saying you’re assistant manager at McDonalds.

Hey that’s cold, I have a VCR in my game room that I might want to use someday.

Astral Dog

Just watched the review, maybe 6/10 is above average in joe scale? Could push it to a 7 probably but its a fun detailed critic
I will say that he focuses too much on the emotional payoff of the characters, his reviews can be seen as simplified compared to others more 'objective' scores because they are less personal or more broad.(cover more bases than just characters narrative arc and calling writting bad repeately )

However, thats YMMV quoting good old Tropes, i found it entertaining they definetly have value and its cool to have more personal well presented takes of popular games, he was also critical of the game's gameplay system and pacing wich is fair

Last edited:

Chromata

I'm not sure what kind of professional standards that you are AJ on to, it's similar to all his other reviews, he doesn't work in a corporate company.
You either agree or disagree to his review, saying it terrible and unprofessional is illogical when that is his style and niche all along.

AJ has rants in his videos and funny skits, but they're all centered around the game. That's his style.

Still doesn't excuse going after Neil directly and putting words in his mouth. That's unprofessional and in poor taste. This is especially true when he's been getting bombarded with hate and death threats well before the review.

He also didn't play sections, yelled over scenes, etc. I went over this in another thread so I don't want to get into it again. Disagree with me if you like, but his review sounded like he completely missed the point and went into the game hating it.

You don't need to work in a corporate company to have professional courtesy.

TTOOLL

He hasn't fucking sold out, he's been true to himself. People like this asshole are the ones who changed and "sold out". Like the people at giant bomb for example, 5 years ago, they would make crude and dirty jokes...now they have no balls and are constantly shoving politically correct bull shit.

Giant Bomb was never that good but I agree, nowadays they are just a bunch of cowards.

Codes 208

A 6/10 is technically above average on any scale other than the "game industry PR thinly disguised as journalism" scale.
I blame ign for starting the trend of “everything 1-6 is automatically shit, 7 is average, 8 is good, 9 is great and 10 is perfect” bullshit in gaming reviews.

AJ was one of the few people I watched who would give a number and a perfectly reasonable explanation to the score.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
He hasn't fucking sold out, he's been true to himself. People like this asshole are the ones who changed and "sold out". Like the people at giant bomb for example, 5 years ago, they would make crude and dirty jokes...now they have no balls and are constantly shoving politically correct bull shit.

I stopped being a fan of Giant Bomb a long time ago, even before they brought on the queen of virtue signaling in gaming journalism. But have they even really stopped their funny banter? Shame if so. That was one of the main reasons to listen to them back in the day. Ryan Davis would be shaking his head head from Heaven.

Terenty

Guys, i think we should call the police on this journo's house asap. He's likely to be a pedo or one in the making

LoV

Banned
Companies like Gamespot and Giant Bomb can't survive anymore when you can easily take a camera and go on YouTube. With no E3 and most likely other conferences disappearing, you'll get all your game info directly from the game publisher/creator.

And full disclosure, this guy is a petty scumbag, my dude.

Fbh

Honestly, after weeks of hearing some people say how everyone that gave TLOU2 a high score did so out of fear of being "blacklisted" by Sony. I think at this point IF people gave it an inflated score it was probably more out of fear of being labeled Sexist or Misogynist for not liking it.

Boss Mog

Bonus:

Yeah, its him. Same guy that review Bob review TLOUSpart2 as well.

Wait, like seriously, this was a published video review? Like I'm speechless... If that guy worked for me he would be terminated immediately if I saw that. It really seems like all these "woke" people have low IQs. There's definitely a pattern.

I showed it to my dad who never plays games and he immediately figured out how to deal with this "gameplay barricade" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Stuart360

With the way all these gaming sites, and the gaming media in general, are all full in on wokeness and SJW shite, it makes you think if they are becoming so irrelevant in todays gaming world that they are trying to desperately latch onto anyone that will side with them, namely SJW's.

checkcola

The whole, you disagree with me, therefore, you have to be destroyed tactic. And over a big time product put out at a premium price.

Of course, the whole idea of SJW critique is to alter your behavior, constantly be under a microscope. Never give an inch to those types.

cormack12

Gold Member
They made this problem themselves by weighting TLoU I score at the top end because of 'story'. Therefore it stands to reason if the next release has a poor story or writing then you apply the weighting equally again. TLOU I was a great piece of storytelling and character empathy, but the mechanics were not groundbreaking or best in class by any means. Ironically, it looks as though the gameplay is spot on this time and the story has fell apart which is why you have a massive divisionin critic/user scores.

bender

What time is it?
I've never watched much of Angry Joe's content but I watched his review and extended review. I guess I need an extended breakdown from "my dude" at Gamespot because I didn't see anything misogynistic but maybe I'm not in tune with his micro transgressions.

There were a few things I could quibble with Joe over, but in the end our thoughts ended up in a very similar place. Are people just upset about 6/10?

Bonus:

Yeah, its him. Same guy that review Bob review TLOUSpart2 as well.

Start further back so the animation stops on the button?

Top Bottom