• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur’s Gate 3 Standard Playthrough Takes 75 to 100 Hours, Larian Says

tmlDan

it feel bad for them, hopefully they get the FPS fixed on stream cause they said its running at 60 fps for them.

I trust them tho, looks great and the EA ran great for me.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
"You'd be quite surprised with what you can get away with"

Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

amigastar

I just hope the questlog is more clear this time, that was one of the weakpoints of Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Last edited:
Seems exciting. I really love the first Baldur's Gate. Replayed this year and enjoyed it a ton. Still never made it around to the sequel, but my main unsubstantiated worry would be that the third is not much like the first two.

Madonis

Although the second and third acts will likely be a little buggy on release...the sheer scope of class/character options, reactivity and content permutations seem impressive for a game with this level of cinematics.

Having 6 years of productive development time (because it doesn't sound like they restarted from scratch at any point) sure isn't a joke.

This is is looking good enough that they can get away with a lot and it'll still work. I won't really complain about silly stuff like the scene everyone's talking about.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Although the second and third acts will likely be a little buggy on release...the sheer scope of class/character options, reactivity and content permutations seem impressive for a game with this level of cinematics.

Having 6 years of productive development time (as in, it doesn't sound like they restarted from scratch at any point) sure isn't a joke.

This is is looking good enough that they can get away with a lot and I won't really complain about silly stuff like the scene everyone's talking about.
Everyone talking about the bear when the true highlight was demon mommy

karlach-appreciation-post-please-say-yes-v0-ew8ic9bj8lab1.png

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Just got the Steam version on Early Access and am playing on Steam. Little wonky to get going with the Larian launcher and switching to DX11, but eventually got going. Switched to 'medium' settings and am getting around 40 fps.

So, i couldn't resist and bought the game, now i will play the EA although i wanted to wait for release version, damn.
Just got the Steam version on Early Access and am playing on Steam. Little wonky to get going with the Larian launcher and switching to DX11, but eventually got going. Switched to 'medium' settings and am getting around 40 fps.
I think they might wipe your save before launch so you'll need to start again. Or maybe they've confirmed they won't do this again?

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I think they might wipe your save before launch so you'll need to start again. Or maybe they've confirmed they won't do this again?
You are right. They will wipe it....BUT.....you will get access as the 'deluxe' version and get to start a new game on August 3rd...and get the expansions I believe. Cheaper than buying the deluxe version later

Can't you just ignore that launcher? I never bothered making an account and just start the game
I don't think you need an account. You could also buy it on GOG which is DRM free.
You are right. They will wipe it....BUT.....you will get access as the 'deluxe' version and get to start a new game on August 3rd...and get the expansions I believe. Cheaper than buying the deluxe version later
Nice. I guess I'll buy it and just not play until launch.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I don't think you need an account. You could also buy it on GOG which is DRM free.

Nice. I guess I'll buy it and just not play until launch.
I'm only going to play for a bit to get a feel for the controls and play. Seems to be a lot to the game and menus, so good to try and figure it out now and then a big update will come later and start with a new character.

Sentenza

Can't you just ignore that launcher? I never bothered making an account and just start the game
You can deactivate it with a string in the Steam shortcut.

Hell, you can even skip Steam itself and start the game directly from its executable.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
Looks absolutely amazing and I just got back from the panel.

One of the press who has played through act 2 couldnt stop talking about how good the game is and how he put his life into BG2 and now thinks BG3 is as good of a sequel it can be without being infinity engine based or something.

It's interesting because as much as I adore Divinity and Larian, I have an attachment to the oldschool infinity systems and look, so this being the first time since announcement that I have seen the game (been on blackout mode) I am in a duality of minds about it being in the divinity style. I thought they would be making efforts to maie this 'feel' like an infinity engine successor but apparently not. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing I'm just a bit disappointed.

Is the game still 72 hours early access for Act 1 in the retail game if you have deluxe?

Hudo

Is this a...usual...event at a D&D session? Beastiality gay sex doesn't even register for you guys? Mmm...you do you guys, but this is fucked up.
That's why I only play Dark Sun. No time for that shit when you're about to get curb stomped by Half-Giant while your cleric's arm is being ripped of by a Mul and you're all out of water.

Last edited:

Darkone

That's why I only play Dark Sun. No time for that shit when you're about to get curb stomped by Half-Giant while your cleric's arm is being ripped of by a Mul and you're all out of water.
I so would a game in the Dark sun world.
Playing a Half Dwarf will be cool.
I think a gameplay style of god of war would be better then a turn base.

Gorgon

Is this a...usual...event at a D&D session? Beastiality gay sex doesn't even register for you guys? Mmm...you do you guys, but this is fucked up.

1) If you watch the video you'll see that the whole scene is humoristic. See the squirrel's reaction at the end.

2) There's a whole "Bear culture" thing about sex between hairy gay man. This is a literal joke play on it. It's all consensual and it has nothing to do with sex with animals:

3) The game doesn't force you to play a gay character. Just like in real life gay people don't force you to be gay. And legal same-sex marriage doesn't force you to marry someone of your sex/gender. It's just an option in the game just like in real life. Don't like it? Don't do it.

I'm a man and I'm not gay, and I won't play a gay male in an RPG. I prefer my sex scenes with tits. But I think having the option for those who are gay is just fine. I doubt anyone would be bitching if this was about being able to have multiple wives or threesomes.

Live and let live, dude.

Top Bottom