• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Simmons going to HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

For the love of god Bill, please stop talking about deflate gate.

Yesterday on PTI, Tony said something like "We can admit that DeflateGate is garbage science, right?" and Mike responded "I can't!"

As long as there are still people who believe the NFL's erroneous data, you can bet that Simmons will still be flogging that horse.

gogosox82

I tried but I just can't listen to this Jay Glazer podcast anymore. He is really saying that he was going to beat up Peyton Manning because he something about Micheal Strahan? GTFO with that noise. How can anyone believe that nonsense? Ugh, hope Bill never has him on again. Dude was completely insufferable and annoying.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Lampley one was fantastic. Glazer is a good example of Simbo hypocrisy though (which is usually way overstated). He calls out Mike & Mike and others constantly for softball interviews, and yet he gets someone on who's saying the dumbest shit possible (much of which directly contradicts positions Simbo has expressed) and he doesn't even so much as begin to challenge them at all. Maybe he was afraid of getting beat up I dunno. Glazer seems like a walking meathead concussion.

I'm listening to the Glazer pod right now. You nailed it. It's total trash. Glazer took over the interview and filled it with nothing but dumb meathead trash. Why have I spent 36 minutes listening to this dingus?

Bill Simmons' HBO Show, 'Any Given Wednesday,' Arrives in June

Bill Simmons' big HBO deal comes full circle this summer. The pay cable net announced Tuesday that his new series has both a title (Any Given Wednesday With Bill Simmons) and a premiere date (June 22).

The initial 20-episode season, part of Simmons' exclusive multi-year, multi-platform agreement with HBO, kicks off a few weeks before the deal's one-year anniversary. The half-hour show will air weekly, on Wednesday nights, at 10 p.m. — simultaneously becoming available on both the HBO Go and HBO Now platforms.

Any Given Wednesday, which will cover pop culture and sports, will also feature intimate conversations with guests, field segments and Simmons' signature commentary. It marks another entry in HBO's growing roster of news-based programming that will soon include a second entry from Vice, John Oliver's Last Week Tonight, and Real Time With Bill Maher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom