• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boeing Whistleblower found dead. Was in the process of testifying

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Boeing is part of the military industrial complex and since the military industrial complex owns the State Department and the CIA it doesn't surprise me the least that this guy was assassinated
sci-fi signs GIF

I’m being silly. I got the work ufo in my user name.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Well Boeing suicided like 350 people with Max already, what is one extra on top for them

Mikado

So this is the thing I've never understood - obviously these people know they are in danger - how do they not get protection?

Like it's not evil spirits coming out of the television to get them - it's just people.

I mean yeah this looks bad but as a guy who works for a mega corp, there is no way a publicly traded corporation is going to hire a hitman to silence him. These people have a hard time making sure to correctly bolt doors on airplanes- you think they could manage an airtight hit?
Get real people.
Corporation itself, no. Individual corporate executives who faces the end of their careers and/or criminal liabilities, don't be so sure.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Corporation itself, no. Individual corporate executives who faces the end of their careers and/or criminal liabilities, don't be so sure.
So ... risk going to jail for life or getting the golden parachute, go earn money at Lockheed Martin and enjoy live. No higher up is facing criminal liabilities. Its always another low level engineer signing off stuff etc.

Bry0

While it’s possible he may have felt some sort of responsibility for “not doing enough” or something like that (that’s pure speculation by me based on what may drive this person do that) it would be stupid not to investigate this as potential foul play. But even if it was investigated that way, who is to say we would get the truth anyway?

Very unfortunate.

Mikado

Because the protection usually comes from the same people that want them dead.

Yeah I don't mean police or gov't-supplied, I mean private contractors.

Part of it is accountability. Like if this dude contracted some PMC-ass company to watch his ass for massive cost, and their ex-marine-ass motherfuckers failed and didn't die in their boots - it looks bad for everyone.

I mean, sure the contractors are part of the System but so are like, Lockheed-Martin, and I bet they would be happy to foot the bill hahah. Or SAAB. Or Northrop-Grumman, or....

I don't know. Obviously since this happens all the time, it's not that simple. And mercifully I don't know anything about that world. It just seems like it shouldn't be so easy to manufacture "Mysterious Circumstances" without at least causing the attacker to make a noisy mess - even though I guess this is an example of getting caught out and still facing no circumstances.

Sonik

While it’s possible he may have felt some sort of responsibility for “not doing enough” or something like that (that’s pure speculation by me based on what may drive this person do that) it would be stupid not to investigate this as potential foul play. But even if it was investigated that way, who is to say we would get the truth anyway?

Very unfortunate.

If he was so upset about it he surely would wait until his final deposition is over to make sure this won't happen again, right?

lem0n

Curious if this story will just fade into nothing or if it's going to be one of those stories we hear about all the time. Has potential to be either.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
It's situations like this where I always roll my eyes at conspiracy nuts.

In situations like this those people always believe that the big bad evil in question is nefarious and smart enough to carry out an assassination for their own gain......

....without also realizing that a person in position like this being found dead regardless of the official circumstances looks bad on the big bad evil in question. Worse than if it they had just rode the situation out. Especially a publicly traded entity like Boeing.

A company or individual would have to be fucking insane to even try it in today's world with all the infinite surveillance and technology on hand. The only people that can get away with shit like this anymore are the people like Putin who kills people and the world knows he kills people, but he doesn't have to worry about it because reasons.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

In situations like this those people always believe that the big bad evil in question is nefarious and smart enough to carry out an assassination for their own gain......

....without also realizing that a person in position like this being found dead regardless of the official circumstances looks bad on the big bad evil in question. Worse than if it they had just rode the situation out. Especially a publicly traded entity like Boeing.

A company or individual would have to be fucking insane to even try it in today's world with all the infinite surveillance and technology on hand. The only people that can get away with shit like this anymore are the people like Putin who kills people and the world knows he kills people, but he doesn't have to worry about it because reasons.
On the other side it is always like this, we look in the past at actual conspiracies and then think that “oh but now it is impossible” <insert whatever today’s date dynamically when the post is read>.

Also, some big military contractor connected to CIA/NSA and government killing off their citizens might be unlikely but impossible? Really?

FunkMiller

While it is of course idiotic to suggest this guy was deliberately assassinated (this is Boeing we're talking about, not Hydra) I can equally and absolutely believe that this man took his own life due to the pressure being exerted on him by Boeing executives and legal counsel.

We don't live in a world of midnight assassins... but we do live in a world of unscrupulous companies who will quite happily drive a former employee to their grave.

Boeing did not kill this guy.

But there's every chance Boeing killed this guy.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
While it is of course idiotic to suggest this guy was deliberately assassinated (this is Boeing we're talking about, not Hydra)
It's nice of you to always use marvel or disney's lore references with your takes so we know they come from a braindead person.
If you think some guy who was going to hurt Boeing bottom line by billions of $ if he testified could not have been assassinated, you truly are naive.

FunkMiller

It's nice of you to always use marvel or disney's lore references with your takes so we know they come from a braindead person.
If you think some guy who was going to hurt Boeing bottom line by billions of $ if he testified could not have been assassinated, you truly are naive.

No. I just live in the real world. It is an incredibly difficult thing to successfully have a person assassinated, without leaving a trail of evidence and again... this is Boeing we're talking about, not The League Of Shadows. Assassination of the physical kind isn't necessary anyway. Assassinating someone's credibility, livelihood and future enough that they commit suicide is more than enough.

If you engage in silly fantasy, you allow reality to go unexamined and unappreciated. And the reality is that major corporations get away with disgusting treatment and harassment of their employees and ex-employees, because the system and the law allow them to. This poor guy had PTSD and severe anxiety. Nobody needs to invent conspiracies about assassination plots, when there's more than likely ample evidence of what they actually did to him.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Did you guys know that the reporter who did the rolling stones expose on the U.S general in Afghanistan who was caught talking shit about Obama and subsequently fired? Well, the reporter also died a few years later in a car crash going 120 mph.

The actress Anne Heche who also died in similar circumstances did not have any drugs or alcohol in her system. but she was also working on a child trafficking documentary.

im not one to believe in conspiracy theories but this is all very suspicious.

I'm reminded of the death of David Kelly, a former weapons inspector employed to find weapons of mass destruction. He leaked information to the BBC that the UK government had "sexed up" intelligence about Iraq to make the public accept war with Iraq. He committed suicide just a month later, but there are many who think it was murder.

Hudo

No. I just live in the real world. It is an incredibly difficult thing to successfully have a person assassinated, without leaving a trail of evidence and again... this is Boeing we're talking about, not The League Of Shadows. Assassination of the physical kind isn't necessary anyway. Assassinating someone's credibility, livelihood and future enough that they commit suicide is more than enough.

If you engage in silly fantasy, you allow reality to go unexamined and unappreciated. And the reality is that major corporations get away with disgusting treatment and harassment of their employees and ex-employees, because the system and the law allow them to. This poor guy had PTSD and severe anxiety. Nobody needs to invent conspiracies about assassination plots, when there's more than likely ample evidence of what they actually did to him.
While I agree with your statement, I also think it might be easier to pull something like this off for Boeing because they're a major military manufacturer and supplier. The military industrial complex is into all sorts of shit and many things are more willfully "overlooked" by government agencies. But I also don't think he was assassinated. At least not directly, as in, sending some dude to kill the guy. He could've been bullied/triggered into suicide, tho. If he was really mentally unstable.

Mistake

That may be true, but all that means nothing if you have a prosecutor or judge with aligned interests. Boeing is so large of a company, they can never go under with government bail outs, so none of this would surprise me.

But suicide is also a very touch subject, and some of the least likely people you think would try, still do. My girlfriend's parents had a dentist that offed himself last month. They knew him for years and they still can't believe it. No signs

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member

What you say basically is of course boeing is responsible for this guy's death but through legal means and not thuggish ways. But the dude needed to be dead before testifying, you really think boeing would let this dude a chance to testify by using scare tactics which could potentially work too late ?Once again you seem to equate assassination with what you see in movies... If you cannot fathom boeing hiring a bunch of thugs to come to this guy's house in the middle of the night and leave only when he has committed "suicide", mafia style, you are the one engaging in silly fantasy.
You really think the types who run this company would leave its bottom line to chance ? You're very naive if you think those in a domineering position would leave anything to chance concerning their unchallenged domination of society. Your life, mine doesn't matter, those who govern us have already sacrified a lot more people for a lot less profit.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
What you say basically is of course boeing is responsible for this guy's death but through legal means and not thuggish ways. But the dude needed to be dead before testifying, you really think boeing would let this dude a chance to testify by using scare tactics which could potentially work too late ?Once again you seem to equate assassination with what you see in movies... If you cannot fathom boeing hiring a bunch of thugs to come to this guy's house in the middle of the night and leave only when he has committed "suicide", mafia style, you are the one engaging in silly fantasy.
You really think the types who run this company would leave its bottom line to chance ? You're very naive if you think those in a domineering position would leave anything to chance concerning their unchallenged domination of society. Your life, mine doesn't matter, those who govern us have already sacrified a lot more people for a lot less profit.
You really think Boing cares what the guy had to say? They’ll pay a billion dollar fine, get a US contract to build another hundred airplanes and businesses goes on as usual.

VW payed an equivalent fine of 20billion dollars for the Dieselgate scandal, no one was murdered. VW payed and moved on. No one of these managers really care. They get their golden parachute and then “don’t remember “ anything in court. Case closed.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
While it is of course idiotic to suggest this guy was deliberately assassinated (this is Boeing we're talking about, not Hydra) I can equally and absolutely believe that this man took his own life due to the pressure being exerted on him by Boeing executives and legal counsel.

We don't live in a world of midnight assassins... but we do live in a world of unscrupulous companies who will quite happily drive a former employee to their grave.

Boeing did not kill this guy.

But there's every chance Boeing killed this guy.
Oh don't get me wrong. I 100% believe that the suicide is genuine.

The guy spent his entire life working for a company that has gone down the toilet in terms of safety. We have deaths and injuries over the course of years and this guy was a part of the company doing it. Then he blows the whistle on the company and probably alienated himself from all the friends that he made in the industry as a result.

Between the loneliness, the possible guilt, and any underlying mental issues he already had it makes sense that the situation ended the way it has.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Oh don't get me wrong. I 100% believe that the suicide is genuine.

The guy spent his entire life working for a company that has gone down the toilet in terms of safety. We have deaths and injuries over the course of years and this guy was a part of the company doing it. Then he blows the whistle on the company and probably alienated himself from all the friends that he made in the industry as a result.

Between the loneliness, the possible guilt, and any underlying mental issues he already had it makes sense that the situation ended the way it has.
but why not wait until the deposition is over??

Top Bottom