• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker IGN review (oh #*&$)

Redbeard

Banned
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/626/626725p1.html

conker-live-reloaded-20050617022634432-001.jpg

I haven't been following the development and previews (because I don't have an XBox), but isn't that at least a full point below what most were expecting?

An 8.1 is still good, but IGN is usually generous. It will be interesting to see how GS rates it.

Amir0x

Banned
Man, the title made it seem like it got a bad score or something.

Nice to see Conker getting a good score.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
trippingmartian said:
Good score for a remake of a game that's not even 5 years old.
.... I don't think there's any game before this that has received a remake within its first 5 years. :lol

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I bet Gamespot will score it higher, i'm predicting an 8.8 from GS.

PhatSaqs said:
IGN trying to gain some cred :lol

No need for damage control, 8.1 is still a great score, it's not like it scored below 7.0 or something.

SantaC

GSG Flash said:
I bet Gamespot will score it higher, i'm predicting an 8.8 from GS.

No need for damage control, 8.1 is still a great score, it's not like it scored below 7.0 or something.

it's a pretty good score, but why did this remake take 3 years?

Sapiens

GaimeGuy said:
.... I don't think there's any game before this that has received a remake within its first 5 years. :lol

Castlevania: Castlevania NES (1987), Super Castlevania (1991).

Though, the original Casltevania sold well. I don't believe the original conker did so well. Risky waters.

GSG Flash

SantaCruZer said:
it's a pretty good score, but why did this remake take 3 years?

This is Rare we're talking about here. Their name is Rare for a reason :lol

That is very surprisingly low. Didn't Matt rate N64 Conker like 9.9 or 9.8? :lol (and yes I realize he didn't review this one.. just saying.. :) )

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Read through the review for once, guys. He says singleplayer warrants a 9+ score, but the multiplayer is lackluster and drags the score down.

That's fine with me, since I wasn't impressed with the Live play either :)

Hilary who reviewed this one said that he considered the 64 version a 9.8-9.9, but the single-play in the Xbox one is about a 9.1- 9.2, and the multi about a 7.

*Sigh* I was hoping that they may add some stuff to the single-player mode and entice me to pick up this version, but there doesn't seem to be anything added to make it worth while, and there's been some stuff even taken out and made easier. Plus, I don't have Live...

I guess Jade Empire was my last purchase for Xbox this gen.

Teddman

SnowWolf said:
Read through the review for once, guys. He says singleplayer warrants a 9+ score, but the multiplayer is lackluster and drags the score down.

No way! Multiplayer was really the reason I was looking forward to this at all. I already have the original and supposedly the Xbox revision is actually missing some of the content?

SnowWolf said:

Multiplayer kicked ass on N64.. at least I thought it did. Four squirrels all peeing on each other in the bathroom trying to kill one another? Classic.. :D

Deg

Banned
No surprise this review.

Biglesworth23 said:
That is very surprisingly low. Didn't Matt rate N64 Conker like 9.9 or 9.8? :lol (and yes I realize he didn't review this one.. just saying.. :) )

He overrated it ofcourse since n64 was on its last legs.

There are some n64 like textures in the xbox version screens.

Biglesworth23 said:
He didn't review this one, however Hillary (the reviewer of the remake) mentions he agrees that the N64 version deserves a 9.9. He even concludes that the N64 single player is still superior.

Deg said:
No surprise this review.

He overrated it ofcourse since n64 was on its last legs.

There are some n64 like textures in the xbox version screens.

It can be argued that the Xbox is on it's last legs as well, though.. although not as much as the N64 at the time.. games had slowed down from a typical trickle to... well.. an even slower trickle.. :D

Does anyone here own what I believe is the last N64 game released in the US? Tony Hawk 3, I believe, right?

GSG Flash

Wasn't the Xbox version censored as well? Or did they keep it as it was?

Amir0x said:
It's censored first time through, but you can unlock cursing after you beat the game.

after you beat the game is kinda lame because Conker is about the jokes, after playing it once what is the point of going at it again just for some dirty words that was bleeped out?

You already spoiled the joke in the first run :(

Amir0x

Banned
Biglesworth23 said:
Really? ALL the cursing can be unlocked and uncensored?

And how much is censored? More than the N64 version?

It's censored more than the N64 version on the first time through. You unlock all the cursing at the end or something.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
IF YOU BEAT THE GAME YOU CAN READ THE WORD SHIT AND STUFF HOLY COW DONT LET YOUR PARENTS WALK IN!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
IMHO, yhe game sucked the first time around. Looks like 5 years didn't help any.

I still regret paying full price for the N64 game... I should eBay it...

Top Bottom