• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe banned from PSN for hate speech

Sad state of affairs.

Also, the current trend is to shove minorities into top positions, dismissing if they've been the best suited for the job.

What's that got to do with this topic?

So, you prefer the status quo which is to shove white men into top jobs even if they aren't the best suited? Or do you think that the reason that most top jobs are white males is because they are just better at work somehow?

Also, this seems to be a trendy rumor going around but it's not actually true. Provide just one instance of this actually happening.

Last edited:

Moneal

When I say antiracist I mean to be against discriminating or hating people because of their skin color, and this includes hating white people. The real antiracism.

Not retarded racist 'antiracist' sjw activists who hate white people, ask to discriminate white people, say that everyone is racist, etc.

Same goes with being against sexism, that is good for me if also includes to fight sexism and hate against males, which is what many retarded 'feminist' activists and politicians spread.

And the same with LGTB, it's ok for me to don't discriminate and hate them but also to don't discriminate and hate hetero and cis people.
But davidjaffe davidjaffe is antiracist by that definition.

Last edited:
Christmas Time Omg GIF by CBeebies HQ

radewagon

Woke Culture, Far Left, Censorship, SJW, PC blues got you down...?
The Simpsons GIF

Just remember, the volume's still way up after too many years of crazy exaggerated politics and a global plague. Nothing about any of this worthy of legitimate concern. Feathers got ruffled. No one was hurt. A temp ban? Pshhh. Everything's fine. It's just fine. Fine and dandy. Not a big deal.
homer simpson GIF

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
davidjaffe davidjaffe why did you make that recent video private? the one about the dev or journalist who said that they dont need to play games to review or make them, or words to that effect. I was looking forward to watching it.

Last edited:

BabyYoda

Banned
For making a joke about lesbians? Isn’t one of the tenets of humour that you can poke fun of anything? We’re getting to the point where you can’t make a joke about any race (apart from white people) or any minority (gaysexuals, religious people, disabled people).

You can't make any jokes about any religions except Christianity, I welcome them, seriously, bring them on!

Regarding these cretins taking out Jaffe, that's called friendly fire, cancer always eats it's host. We are dealing with a radical ideology, it's a new religion that is bereft of intolerance, when people understand that, they will be able to deal with it more easily. Passivity to this insanity is what has landed us in this mess.

Last edited:
You can't make any jokes about any religions except Christianity, I welcome them, seriously, bring them on!

Regarding these cretins taking out Jaffe, that's called friendly fire, cancer always eats it's host. We are dealing with a radical ideology, it's a new religion that is bereft of intolerance, when people understand that, they will be able to deal with it more easily. Passivity to this insanity is what has landed us in this mess.

Britney Spears Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

So, you prefer the status quo which is to shove white men into top jobs even if they aren't the best suited? Or do you think that the reason that most top jobs are white males is because they are just better at work somehow?

Also, this seems to be a trendy rumor going around but it's not actually true. Provide just one instance of this actually happening.
Show me the receipts, for "shoving white men in top position". I mean, I see plenty of "diversity and inclusion" initiatives in companies and gvt sectors, publicity is full of gay/multi-ethnic couples/etc. you'd think you live in a place where there are few people of European descent (we are one race, I won't call people from different ethnicities "races").

Here are some examples:
There are plenty more, they pop in the news and in job sites on a regular basis. I know I did not apply for jobs posted by companies that had giant "diversity and inclusion" sub sites when I was out of a job last year these places are toxic, you never know if your colleague who got the promotion got it for the right reasons, they also are on the defensive because they know everybody knows... That was never in question 10 years ago, at least not for these reasons and the work environment was full of people of all colors/gender, people from all background got promoted too.

I would not mind if that was, well at equal qualification, etc. we will take the person of color for whatever reason (even then, sometimes you want a certain level of cohesion in a team) or if there was no implied (or direct) active hunting of straight "white" guys (oops I assigned them a gender, is that OK?), no crazy mob rule, no people burning buildings, hunting political opponents and cops, doing all this and getting away with it.

I get it, I used to be at your place, until I realized how divisive and violent the ideology is, hopefully you will question yourself one day and see just how bad it makes everything.

Of course that is ridiculous. People are free to say “who cares” but what is unlikely is that anyone would defend this. The idea that a relatively harmless joke would get you banned is just nonsense. If something like this is actually injured anyone, that person is too fragile to exist in reality and no amount of bubble wrap will make the world safe for them.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yup, you shouldn't post anything controversial while logged in to your PSN account. I think the same applies to PS blogs, because you have to post there using your PSN credentials as well.

Why would Jaffe upload that stuff from his Playstation?

ManaByte

Why would Jaffe upload that stuff from his Playstation?

That's what I don't get. I always assumed he did it on his PC. But for it to show up in the trending section on PSN it had to be uploaded from the system.

davidjaffe davidjaffe how are you doing the YouTube thumbnail on your PS5 upload? Do you make the thumbnail on your PC and upload it with the video from PSN, or do you edit it on YouTube after it's uploaded from PSN?

kiphalfton

I mean honestly who cares. How many people here have been unjustly banned from some forum, service, etc.? Probably a lot. Most the time it's for some stupid, unfounded reason, but again who cares. Life goes on and he'll be able to get back online in 7 days.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Also, i love new ratchet but it is way too wholesome and could use some edgy jokes.

The glitch character is especially terrible. Like wtf. Everyone is insecure

Last edited:

partime

For making a joke about lesbians? Isn’t one of the tenets of humour that you can poke fun of anything? We’re getting to the point where you can’t make a joke about any race (apart from white people) or any minority (gaysexuals, religious people, disabled people).

I forget this guys is super smart, 178 IQ, top it off to 200 for that snazzy accent.

Corndog

Banned

Maybe because most westerners are white. Strange concept I know.

hussar16

Free speech also isnt this forum not suppose to have any politics
As per video…Jaffe has been 1st strike banned from psn for producing a couple of videos.

Seemingly Jaffe was under the illusion that it’s ok to make jokes related to the protected LGBT class by making a Lesbian joke about Ratchet and Clank.

The other potential infringement is making light of white supremacy, again in a Ratchet & Clank context during a time when the biggest threat to America as stated by the President - being White Supremacy!

This is 2021 Jaffe, not the 80’s!!! Common Man!!!

Top Bottom