• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV is releasing in 2023 with cross-save and cross-progression

amigastar

It could have been better but I get your point. They must have also been considering userbase and min spec for pc.
It's Blizzard, they always consider min specs but the game looks good for what it is, PoE2 doesn't look much better.
Anyways Quarterly Updates is out:
I can't stop gushing over these armors

Last edited:

Tygeezy

Diablo = comfortfood of gaming
wwe-hhh.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm surprised Activision is releasing this game next year. You'd think they'd milk the Immortal game for a few years and release D4 in 2024 or 2025.

EDMIX

Might double dip and get it on PS5, but I might just stick to the PC version. I don't think I've ever cared about cross save before for any of the PS Cross buy stuff for PSP, VIta, PS3, PS4 etc.

What ever I'm playing on at the time, I just play on that platform for that run or something lol

DavidGzz

I'm surprised Activision is releasing this game next year. You'd think they'd milk the Immortal game for a few years and release D4 in 2024 or 2025.

They were always going for different markets from two different teams. DI wasn't even supposed to have a PC version. I bet that the D4 team hates the DI team for making people more skeptical of their product.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

PC version is confirmed to have controller support but I doubt Xbox version will have mouse and keyboard support. I hope I am wrong cause my XSX is stronger than my PC so that would be nice for inventory management.

gimmmick

I really hope the console versions get mouse and keyboard support....not sure why devs are so against it for other games: Pillars 1/2, Divinity, Diablo 2, Stardew etc

Played diablo 3 with a dual shock 4. To be honest, I really preferred the console experience with a controller than a mouse and keyboard.

gimmmick

I just hope blizzard finds a way for everyone that plays this game on playstation, xbox and pc are able to play all together.

Also after d2:r, the loading times on ps4 better not be a complete train wreck. Jesus Christ it ruined the game so much where you are waiting 20 - 30 seconds to enter a portal. "Well you can always just buy a new console". Some of us aren't able to get a new shinny toy because of how inflation has killed little spending money we have :(

Mister Wolf

I just hope blizzard finds a way for everyone that plays this game on playstation, xbox and pc are able to play all together.

Also after d2:r, the loading times on ps4 better not be a complete train wreck. Jesus Christ it ruined the game so much where you are waiting 20 - 30 seconds to enter a portal. "Well you can always just buy a new console". Some of us aren't able to get a new shinny toy because of how inflation has killed little spending money we have :(

Crossplay is already confirmed.

Last edited:

JackSparr0w

Banned
PC version is confirmed to have controller support but I doubt Xbox version will have mouse and keyboard support. I hope I am wrong cause my XSX is stronger than my PC so that would be nice for inventory management.
By the time Diablo IV is out you'll be able to buy a gpu that is better than the XSX for $200.

Vaelka

Holy fuck tho the gear design in the game is BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.
There's absolutely nothing I've seen that makes me get hyped to get it, the gear all looks lame as hell.
It reminds me of PoE without mtx skins it's so incredibly dull and looks like nothing you look like a complete rando when you're clearly not.

Vaelka

Yes?
That doesn't really look very exciting to me at all.
It's just so bland.

And I am assuming this is endgame gear too or at least close to it.
It's just very dull, I get that it's a Necromancer too but it looks incredibly uninspired and almost like the same gear with just some different colors.
Do you want to be a slightly red skeleton rectangle or a black or grey one?
They look like they could just be a random enemy NPC.

Yep, it looks nothing like boring, it looks freakin awesome.

I really don't get how you can get excited for it, it looks like something I've seen a billion times before and like a generic NPC you'd fight in the game.
There's nothing memorable at all about it.

Pvp zones, over 100 dungeons, open world, world bosses, shared world!!!

The king is back!

Y'all keep getting scammed repeatedly by Blizzard and never learn a thing... Rinse and repeat and it has only gotten worse with time.

Last edited:

Vaelka

To each their own, but I'm personally really digging the Necro armors. Big fan.

Ofc it's my opinion, but it looks like the same thing I've seen over and over again.

I wasn't specifically thinking of Necro but moreso the others that I saw in the gameplay video but I still think the Necro gear looked really uninspired and dull.
It all kinda blends together to me it's grey and dark to a fault and a completely performative level where everything is desaturated and there's no fun shapes going on really.
Especially from a distance these are all going to not even be noticeable because the silhouettes are very weak ( remember this is a top down action game, there's a reason why characters in MOBA's have strong silhouettes ).
It's going to look like you're wearing the same game when playing in barely noticeably different colors, I don't find that particularly exciting at all.

Even if I was to agree that they looked good on a close-up like this ( which I don't ), I still think that's just objectively true and a design flaw for a game with this type of camera when it comes to good design.

Last edited:

niilokin

that's why I love em, they aren't overly flashy. MOBA aesthetics always felt "immature" for my tastes, this is perfection for me. There's almost like this somber tranquility to the necromancer designs even if they can be very ornamental and pointy. To add, these are very close to original diablo (diablo and diablo 2) style too which is important.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Even if I was to agree that they looked good on a close-up like this ( which I don't ), I still think that's just objectively true and a design flaw for a game with this type of camera when it comes to good design.

Of course the camera angle doesn't do any armor really in these games justice but imo, you can tell they put a lot of effort into those armors. Also, those are easily THE most detailed and best looking character models, from a graphical standpoint, from any top-down APRG. Nothing comes close.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Now that Diablo Immortal has stolen its thunder there doesn't seem to much left for Diablo IV to do but sop up what few remaining holdouts there are still yelling at clouds. It's nice that this game will function on Playstations and Xboxes, but Diablo Immortal already runs everywhere else.
May want to sit this one out champ.

drotahorror

Even though Immortal was quite the let down, one cool thing was the shared world aspect. There was always people running around doing things and that felt pretty neat. The game would transition seamlessly into a story zone, right back into a multiplayer one.

So in that aspect I'm glad D4 has gone that route as well.

What remains to be seen is how interesting the gear will be and end game content. 2 of the most important aspects of all ARPG's imo.

Quezacolt

The game looks so good, i was super excited for it, but then i find out it will be online only.

It's a pass for me.

Didn't they learn anything with D3? Error 37?

I dont want to deal with server maintenence when i might just want to farm solo.

Nor have lag because everyone at home decides to watch some streams services all at once.

i hate this decision from Blizzard.

sendit

Yes?
That doesn't really look very exciting to me at all.
It's just so bland.

And I am assuming this is endgame gear too or at least close to it.
It's just very dull, I get that it's a Necromancer too but it looks incredibly uninspired and almost like the same gear with just some different colors.
Do you want to be a slightly red skeleton rectangle or a black or grey one?
They look like they could just be a random enemy NPC.

I really don't get how you can get excited for it, it looks like something I've seen a billion times before and like a generic NPC you'd fight in the game.
There's nothing memorable at all about it.

Y'all keep getting scammed repeatedly by Blizzard and never learn a thing... Rinse and repeat and it has only gotten worse with time.
What angle would you rather Blizzard have taken with this?

Fans wanted a more gothic/realistic approach to the art style. Going back to the artstyle of Diablo 1 and 2, Diablo 4 is delivering on this aspect.

Fbh

No, there won't be any offline mode even in singleplayer.

But if I'm playing solo will the online stuff just be running in the background?
Or will it be like Diablo 3 on PC (at least at launch) where even single player instances are hosted online and as such I might encounter lag when playing on my own? (which was what instantly killed my enjoyment of the game when it originally launched).

amigastar

But if I'm playing solo will the online stuff just be running in the background?
Or will it be like Diablo 3 on PC (at least at launch) where even single player instances are hosted online and as such I might encounter lag when playing on my own? (which was what instantly killed my enjoyment of the game when it originally launched).
Don't know man, probably Diablo 3 type of singleplayer online mode.

When this releases I'll prolly end up gaining 300 lbs, sign up for disability and get a feeding tube. Anyone else wanna tag along with me?

Tygeezy

The game looks so good, i was super excited for it, but then i find out it will be online only.

It's a pass for me.

Didn't they learn anything with D3? Error 37?

I dont want to deal with server maintenence when i might just want to farm solo.

Nor have lag because everyone at home decides to watch some streams services all at once.

i hate this decision from Blizzard.
You can easily solve latency spike issues by either having high enough bandwidth from your isp that you can service every device that demands bandwidth or you can get a router with qos. People in your house streaming shouldn’t be causing laggy games in 2022.

There are plenty of arpgs with solo play. Diablo needed to evolve if it wanted to capture a new audience as well as retain more players.

Last edited:
Yes, all classes have both unless they locked them since and I doubt they would, they already put too much work into them going by older videos.

I thought it might be too creepy for you, man! Just kidding. :D

You're NOT wrong at all! What gives me confidence is that the player is like a damn superhero lol, so I'm not as afraid. Also, I can see my entire surroundings, so it's not like I'm getting snuck up on in the same way. The overhead view is like a warm safety blanket.

NT80

Top Bottom