• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV is the fastest selling Blizzard Game of All Time

Draugoth

Gold Member
IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Diablo® IV, the highly anticipated new installment of the iconic Diablo series, is now live. Already, it is Blizzard Entertainment’s fastest-selling game of all time, with Blizzard’s highest pre-launch unit sales ever on both console and PC*. In the four days since early access started on June 1, Diablo IV has been played for 93 million hours, or over 10,000 years --- the equivalent playing 24 hours a day since the beginning of human civilization.

* Fastest selling based on more units sold on all platforms before launch (through June 5, 2023). Sell-through figures based on reporting received from digital partners and Blizzard internal reports.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

is this satire? HDR broken, no mmorpg features, no matchmaking...open world is lacking. graphically its ok but expected more after a decade honestly

In what way is HDR broken in the launch version? The black level was broken in the beta on PS5 for me so I played in SDR and even then had to adjust the "brightness" slider to fix elevated blacks/shadows, still there was no sweet spot.

I saw videos on youtube saying that it was mostly fixed a bit later, but still raised blacks, is that what you refer to?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Diablo 3 was pc only at launch?
Good point - this is a simultaneous multiplat release, whereas most of Blizzard's previous games were only released initially on a single system. The only exception I can think of off the top of my head in recent memory is Overwatch (Xbox One, PS4, and PC). Otherwise you've gotta go all the way back to 1997, when they released The Lost Vikings 2 for SNES, Saturn, PlayStation, and PC.

So - congrats to Blizzard, it's a big achievement and all, but it's not as huge as you might think. Like, it's not the fastest selling Activision/Blizzard game of all time or anything.

FeralEcho

So much money,so much microtransactions and yet still acting like a fucking indie company with no fucking servers after 2 whole FUCKING betas,might as well call them time limited demos guys since you haven't used those stats to prepare for shit but herp derp "IT needs to be always online".Thanks Blizzard,I loved playing Diablo 4 for the past 40 mins as i watched a message telling me to wait in queue for 40 mins still and it doesn't seem to be ending soon.So much fun to be had! 70 euros game btw !

This shitass industry needs a fucking reset asap!

Laieon

telling me to wait in queue for 40 mins still and it doesn't seem to be ending soon

I'm not saying this isn't happening, but I wonder if something weird is going on on your end. I haven't had more than <1 minute queue all weekend and after seeing this post was curious if something was going on... I immediately logged in with no queue at all.

An offline mode would definitely be ideal though.

NickFire

I consider the game to have launched last week, but still respect the success. And I say it is well deserved. I've had a couple instances of rubber banding (each lasting only a couple minutes), but otherwise this game has been as addictive as nicotine since early access began for me. I did not expect any game to give Hogwarts or Redfall a competitor for GOTY before the fall at the earliest, but right now this game is absolutely my favorite game of the year so far.

Antwix

So much money,so much microtransactions and yet still acting like a fucking indie company with no fucking servers after 2 whole FUCKING betas,might as well call them time limited demos guys since you haven't used those stats to prepare for shit but herp derp "IT needs to be always online".Thanks Blizzard,I loved playing Diablo 4 for the past 40 mins as i watched a message telling me to wait in queue for 40 mins still and it doesn't seem to be ending soon.So much fun to be had! 70 euros game btw !

This shitass industry needs a fucking reset asap!
Huh? I think the betas served their purpose exactly. Patches/balances/server load. Since the game's launch, I don't think I've had a queue over 1 minute. I just logged on 2 minutes ago and the queue was all of 4 seconds.

FeralEcho

I'm not saying this isn't happening, but I wonder if something weird is going on on your end. I haven't had more than <1 minute queue all weekend and after seeing this post was curious if something was going on... I immediately logged in with no queue at all.

I'm playing on PS5 so idk but man why the hell can there not be an offline mode like D2 Resurected did...

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It was a big mistake by Xbox to let Rod Fergusson and Mike Ybarra go.They have completely turned around Blizzard which seem impossible to do some years ago.
Mike was the only real gamer Xbox had and the only one who looked at things through a gamers eye first

j.k.2021

Banned
Mike was the only real gamer Xbox had and the only one who looked at things through a gamers eye first
Either of these two should have replaced Matt Booty.I still can't understand how goofballs like Matt Booty and Aaron Greenberg still has their jobs?....These two have only held back Xbox.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Yeah, PC here and at what I would assume are the heaviest times the queues haven't been devastating.

j.k.2021

Banned
D4 has been the only good game that Blizzard has released in the past decade. I wouldn't say that is 'Turning blizzard around".
Not true.Overwatch 2 had a big positive launch.World of Warcraft has seen a big resurgence.Diablo immortal was a big financial and critical success.Good news all around for Blizzard.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The graphics are perfectly fine, and the art design in Diablo IV is fucking incredible. That absolutely nailed the atmosphere, tone, and aesthetics of this game.
So you're saying it's the true D2 sequel? Where PoE was the spiritual sequel to D2.

D3, we won't talk about that art design.

FeralEcho

Huh? I think the betas served their purpose exactly. Patches/balances/server load. Since the game's launch, I don't think I've had a queue over 1 minute. I just logged on 2 minutes ago and the queue was all of 4 seconds.
Well good for you but I have 70 mins left and counting...but upwards .I restarted the game,the console,same shit.70 euro experience boys and girls.1 euro per minute waiting in queue. I also love how my time tracker on PS5 says I have 1 hour played of the game XD

GymWolf

7ofqua.jpg

GymWolf

I'm playing on PS5 so idk but man why the hell can there not be an offline mode like D2 Resurected did...
I'm not on favour of always online bullshit but i played like 10 hours on ps5 and never had even 10 sec of queque, but i'm in europe.

Outriders, now that one had a super fucking trash launch even on console...

* Fastest selling based on more units sold on all platforms before launch (through June 5, 2023).

Preorder and early access haters crying right now

Last edited:

Puscifer

The graphics are perfectly fine, and the art design in Diablo IV is fucking incredible. That absolutely nailed the atmosphere, tone, and aesthetics of this game.
I gotta say I didn't get the complaints about Diablo 3s art style till I played D4. It's colorful in the right ways not the wrong ones.

GymWolf

is this satire? HDR broken, no mmorpg features, no matchmaking...open world is lacking. graphically its ok but expected more after a decade honestly
Yeah, the graphic is ok to good, i guess people are conditioned by the majority of other arpg that look cheap.

FeralEcho

I'm done with this shit for today,after an hour waiting it still says 67 mins to wait in queue.I popped in Tomb Raider DE for a replay...an actual game you can pop in and play as soon as you play start...well I'll be,what sort of trickery must this be for Blizzard,how can a game just...you know START when you insert a disc.Must be some secret sauce.

Sorry for all the rants fellow gaffers.I'm just tired of this shit,just wanted to play the damn game.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

I'm not on favour of always online bullshit but i played like 10 hours on ps5 and never had even 10 sec of queque, but i'm in europe.

Outriders, now that one had a super fucking trash launch even on console...
Idk wtf is up with it, I'm on PS5 too,IT says queue less than 1 min then IT says connecting to Blizzard servers or sth like that then queue message again then proceeds to Tell me "queue to login 67 mins"

GymWolf

Idk wtf is up with it, I'm on PS5 too,IT says queue less than 1 min then IT says connecting to Blizzard servers or sth like that then queue message again then proceeds to Tell me "queue to login 67 mins"
I'm sorry dude, i have no idea what your problem can be.

It sucks.

Phase

Besides the other nonsense happening at Blizzard, this game looks great and I can't wait to play it. I literally said after playing D3 that I wanted them to go dark and gritty again (like D2) and they did exactly that!

devilNprada

I mean i dont like Blizzard but I enjoyed the beta really alot and bought the game. I dont regret that.
I feel Blizzard has always given us a good bang for our buck...

Wish skins were more in tune with Fortnite prices though... It's rough paying the located in Irvine California rates.

Top Bottom