• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney acquiring LucasFilm for 4.05 billion dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
It's going to be weird seeing a Star Wars movie without the 20th Century Fox logo.

Lucas shopped the prequels around to other distributors.

Sec0nd

Isn't 4 billion extremely cheap? I would've guessed Star Wars alone to be 5-6 billion and ILM about 1 or 2? Not that I'm an economic expert or anything.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Most over exaggerated response to a post in GAF history?

Why wouldn't one of the biggest special effect houses in Hollywood be worth that price?

Because effects houses work on the slimmest of margins and those margins are eaten by downtime and underbidding?

BFIB

Can't wait for the SportsCenter/Star Wars promotional crossovers.

"The Empire Strikes Backbackbackbackbackbackback"

Is he safe or not?

Childhood in the balance.

Unknown, they said it's too complicated at the moment and are focusing only on Star Wars for the foreseeable future.
Basically Paramount must have a deal in place with Indy, while Fox have nothing in Star Wars.

Fabrik

Banned
That's some big news!

But if they don't choose a competent director with a strong vision I don't have much hope if John Carter is any indication.

isny

napkin dispenser
Any news on LucasArts yet? More specifically, will they finally re-release more of back catalogue point & click games?

Disney stated in the call that they want to focus on mobile and social networking games and less on console/pc games.

MisterHero

If only they could bring Star Wars back to its original glory. By which I mean the small period in 1996 when it was the original films but cleaned up and made to look nice, before Episode I came along and totally fucked it all up by introducing the originals to the idea of "retconning".
In 1996-7 it was Special Edition and Shadows of the Empire as a big multimedia project. The Outrider even made it into the Episode IV. :p

AHA-Lambda

OK so Disney needs to work out something with FOX re: Indiana Jones and the prior Star Wars movies if I'm correct then?

This thread moves so quick.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Disney has alot of success with their "only out for a limited time before it goes back in the vault" with their home video releases of their animated classics. I'm sure they can do the same thing with unaltered SW films.

Also, since ILM is now a Disney company, I wonder if that means they can work on Iron Man 3 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom