• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I've played only a few hours combined of Fromsoft games in the past. It wasn't that I didn't like them I just didn't get into them at the time. so this will be my first full Souls-type game. I'm playing on Steam and thinking of buying another copy for my youngest son so we can co-op. Does anybody know how early we'll be able to that? Also, how does progression work? Do both people progress the story, or just the host and the other player gets xp or items? Can you play the whole game together?

Last edited:
AWESOME OT, man! I gifted Black Chamber a month of Gold and it took me to another page so I have to reload the whole first page again. Now we wait. :p
Forgot to give props to the OT, fantastic stuff, one for the history books. 👍
🙏🏻Thank you so much! Im glad you enjoyed it!🙏🏻

Do we know if Elden Ring supports Raytracing at launch on Series X/PS5, or will it be patched later?.
I was wondering this too, but since we haven't heard anything about it, I'm going to assume that it's a month or so out out and I'm waiting to play the game until then - to experienceit at its paradigm.

That's how serious I am about enjoying this game💯

tumblr_nsd4ojtBPs1qi26lwo1_540.gifv

Hold the line! Stay with me!
If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled.
For you are in Elden Ring, and youre already DEAD!!

LETS FUCKING GO !!!🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:
Damn Black Chamber Black Chamber what an OP. I've made some OP's in my time but this is above and beyond. I took the time to experience the whole thing with the soundtrack playing.

Freakin nice work man! I just hope it's not more heavy than most people will be able to handle and that they take the time because it's worth it just to see the effort you put into building it all. I really hope people won't skip it.

ELDEN RING! ~16.5 hours to go LETS GOOOOOO!

DavidGzz

I've played only a few hours combined of Fromsoft games in the past. It wasn't that I didn't like them I just didn't get into them at the time. so this will be my first full Souls-type game. I'm playing on Steam and thinking of buying another copy for my youngest son so we can co-op. Does anybody know how early we'll be able to that? Also, how does progression work? Do both people progress the story, or just the host and the other player gets xp or items? Can you play the whole game together?

In the older titles, you would each have to help each other with bosses. After the boss dies, the summoned return to their world, and the boss is only dead in the summoner's world. IDK how that works in ER though. As for adventuring, I think you can travel together for a while but the mount isn't useable so it will be slow going and I don't know for how long you can kill things together. I remember in Dark Souls 2 after the summoned killed so many enemies, he would have to leave.

Sinthor

Gold Member
I'm very pleased that you enjoyed my OT so much!!

8 months, 13 days, 371,520 minutes & 22,291,200 seconds.

Working on it every day [in some capacity] since June 10th, that's how long this OT took me to complete👍🏻
Daaaaamn! Well, you did a fantastic job. I hope you're as proud of it as you should be! And thanks again. Can't wait to play ER tonight! As soon as it's 12AM EST! (In the US). Anyone taking bets on how soon we will have YouTube videos on how to make a hot character? Or celebrity or anime character characters? I would bet we have those within a week. Character creator on this just seems too good.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
In the older titles, you would each have to help each other with bosses. After the boss dies, the summoned return to their world, and the boss is only dead in the summoner's world. IDK how that works in ER though. As for adventuring, I think you can travel together for a while but the mount isn't useable so it will be slow going and I don't know for how long you can kill things together. I remember in Dark Souls 2 after the summoned killed so many enemies, he would have to leave.
Ok, so it sounds more like an assist mode to help out a friend. I was reading more about it and the restrictions don't seem like it be worth buying another copy if co-op was the goal. Thanks!

clintar

Wow, after reading comments about the OT intro through this 3rd page I first clicked on, I'm glad I haven't tried to load it yet. Is there a download version before I click page 1 and destroy my browser?

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I still don’t know which class to pick. Typically, I go with a brute/knight/vagabond type class but now with it being open world I’m wondering if someone with range like the Astrologer or Samurai would be the better way to go.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
This thread is Gold and NeoGAF gold is what you deserve, best OT I have ever seen. My phone browser feels puny and unworthy of it. Full might of the work laptop will have to be!

kikkis

I still don’t know which class to pick. Typically, I go with a brute/knight/vagabond type class but now with it being open world I’m wondering if someone with range like the Astrologer or Samurai would be the better way to go.
Sword and shield for me with occasional bow. I get they have improved magic a lot, but to me magic still seems like longer sword or projectile that you just lock into enemy. Shield has fun counter play with the enemies even if its "boring" to some. Bow actually has to be aimed.

Love the OT! Wow! Let’s go!
Damn Black Chamber Black Chamber what an OP. I've made some OP's in my time but this is above and beyond. I took the time to experience the whole thing with the soundtrack playing.

Freakin nice work man! I just hope it's not more heavy than most people will be able to handle and that they take the time because it's worth it just to see the effort you put into building it all. I really hope people won't skip it.

ELDEN RING! ~16.5 hours to go LETS GOOOOOO!
Daaaaamn! Well, you did a fantastic job. I hope you're as proud of it as you should be! And thanks again. Can't wait to play ER tonight! As soon as it's 12AM EST! (In the US). Anyone taking bets on how soon we will have YouTube videos on how to make a hot character? Or celebrity or anime character characters? I would bet we have those within a week. Character creator on this just seems too good.
What an OT Black Chamber Black Chamber much love. Thank you for adding to my hype for this game. Very much appreciated!
🙏🏻Thank you!🙏🏻
I think OP is too much for my laptop, it cannot handle it.
Try it on a different device with stout WiFi👍🏻
While that first page is a massive effort and well done Black Chamber Black Chamber . Waiting for it to load gave me ptsd flashbacks to dial up internet on a 28.8 kbit/s modem.
😅
To the OP.
You sir are a Gigga Chad GOD.
Magnificent!!!
Wow, after reading comments about the OT intro through this 3rd page I first clicked on, I'm glad I haven't tried to load it yet. Is there a download version before I click page 1 and destroy my browser?
Knocked it out of the park with this one, OP.
Damn distinguished member.
You went all out on this. Amazing stuff.
🙏🏻I am beyond happy that you all enjoyed it so much🙏🏻
Black Chamber Black Chamber this is honestly the baddest OT I've ever seen. Your love for this project shines thru and thru.

Hype levels through the roof can't wait to sink my teeth into this.
😲

*Black Chamber takes a knee, briefly looks down, then slowly looks up and says..."Thank you, MaulerX MaulerX ".
Bravo, great thread. I bought ps4 and ps5 limited version of the game, I have no time to play atm but I will try in the next few months.
What an op!!! I'm so excited for this one!
Bro this thread is on totally different level

Amazing Season 6 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

Awesome Drag Queen GIF by Paramount+

Hallmark Ecards Wow GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Season 16 Wow GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent
🙏🏻Thank you so much!!🙏🏻
This thread is Gold and NeoGAF gold is what you deserve, best OT I have ever seen. My phone browser feels puny and unworthy of it. Full might of the work laptop will have to be!
Maybe one day, internet technology will catch up to this thread - and it will load in 1 second😲

DavidGzz

1 hour and 50 min. Work internet is pretty horrible but I only have 2.2 gigs left to download then it's time for bliss. My Wretch will be named Vallarfax. I've always loved that name from Demon's Souls.

Venom Snake

Mine is suppose to arrive.... today ?! that would be too soon! haha

Holy shit you are right! I totally forgot it is 24.02 today.

The message from DHL thou, that would be the best mistake my store could ever made! :messenger_open_mouth: :messenger_grinning:
It says "delivery for today, 14:30-16:30" :lollipop_anxious_sweat:

If so, i'll keep my mouth shut, i promise :messenger_medmask:

Last edited:
Top Bottom