• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Oh bummer, that's late night here.
elden-ring-release-world-map2.jpg

Nydus

Aw man. My new AVR just died and I have to wait for it to be repaired. I want to play this on the big screen. Fuck you Denon 🤮

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Man how do you play this game lol so I died again before I could retrieve my ruins and now its all gone?

Also the IQ is pretty bad on Series X, compare to what I expected

Last edited:

DavidGzz

For those that are already playing: could you please tell me how long it takes until you can get your hands on some basic armor/clothes?

I'm thinking starting Wretch, but don't want to spend a lot of time running around naked.

I guess it depends where you go, I ended up on a beach and got pwned by something I won't spoil and am back at the start lol. I'm an hour in and still like a naked bebe

Last edited:

WoodyStare

Sneaking in Sekiro felt great so I’m glad to see it work just as well here. Art direction is absolutely gorgeous. My only real complaint so far is when you sit at a site of grace. It goes to a black screen for a few seconds before you can select the options. Feels like it takes longer than it should.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Man how do you play this game lol so I died again before I could retrieve my ruins and now its all gone?

Also the IQ is pretty bad on Series X, compare to what I expected
Can someone help? Also how do you level up in the game? Is there a video explaining leveling?

Ogbert

Ok, I've decided.

Going Confessor. I was thinking Hero and pancake sword, but the faith incantations look too good.

rofif

Banned
Is it authorized on a server on ps5?
Can I just put the disc in and play?
Wife already picked it up from the courier. So back from work in 2 hours and I can play already !!!

This OT is art.

This is not just a video game celebration, but a celebration of life.
To hell with the game. This thread needs a minimum requirements listing! Damn! Never in a million years did I think we would get anything like the Metal Gear Solid 4 thread again, yet here we are.

There are still true soldiers in this world. Thank you 💜
Amazing OP. OT, looking forward to playing this over the weekend. Hope this is Soulslike that finally clicks for me. DS3 was the closest!
🙏🏻Thank you!🙏🏻
One OT to rule them, One OT to find them, One OT to bring them all and in the dark bind them.
Keep it secret; keep it safe!
amazing OT!
Wow this OT kicks all sorts of ass! Great Job Black Chamber🤘
🙏🏻I'm happy you enjoyed it!🙏🏻

skit_data

Any news about the frame rate on the series x console AFTER the day one patch?
Looks like it’s about the same as the network test per the article I posted above. PS5 better, but Xbox has VRR support.

I don’t understand why they don’t put a 30fps cap on the quality mode. I’ll probably play the PS4 version in BC mode on PS5, personally.

Last edited:

ahtlas7

I need to up grade my iPad to view this thread. Damn dude, well done! Honestly though You caused the first crash on ng lol

Fools idol

Banned
Patch notes released in case it wasn't posted already

App Ver. 1.02
Regulation Ver. 1.02.1

Major items included in the latest update:

• Improved player controls
  • Addition and adjustment of BGM
  • Text adjustments
  • Balance adjustments
  • NPC event fixes and adjustments
  • Fixed frame rate drops under certain conditions
  • Fixed text bug in some languages
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the Xbox wireless headset from working properly

FrankWza

Black Chamber Black Chamber
I’ll be finished viewing the op’s probably around the same time I finish this game. I’m trying to give you a reaction to each post but the page jumps around so that’s going to take a while too. Enjoy this reaction for now.
iHPJLOv.png

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
installed/patched, ready to roll on PS5 when I finish work later. Thinking I am going to go Prisoner for my first run through with a mix of magic/melee

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Can anyone say how it is running for them on PS5 yet as I have not had a chance to check yet, if it is near to 60 FPS, still in the high 50's I can deal with that. hopefully it is not much worse than that in performance mode.

Top Bottom