• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enemies that made you go "Nope"

6209453088_a099fc305c_b.jpg

kamspy

Cazadors in Fallout New Vegas.

Bird sized insects that could take a beating and dish out crazy damage early in the game. Also from the same game, packs of Death Claws in the Quarry area. You can handle one, but get three after you at the same time and it's game over.

I need to replay New Vegas I think. Summer drought in full effect and all.

HeelPower

tumblr_mf1bpz9BT91qbu806o1_500.png

Quelaag. First time i entered her lair you get a cutscene; and after that Quelaag immediately skitters towards you. NOPE!

Yeah I had the same experience with her...Its just that the lead up to her was really difficult for me the first time. The swamp terrain was huge adn difficult to absorb,,,after what seemed like forever I thought by going to the cave at the end of the swamp..I would find a bonfire or some safe zone..but no its actually a boss and its quelaag..I still really feel unwelcome like an invader when I get to her part. Great boss.

FFIX-Tonberry.jpg

Look at this pussy. He couldn't possibly cause me any problems.

(10 turns later)

WHY WON'T YOU FUCKING DIE

Tonberry's are some of the most intimidating enemies..Especailly in the older FFs when you are NOT ready to fight one and the escape command doesn't work like 80% of the time..You just have to deal with a mandatory death at that point :$

Silky

Banned
GIANT. RATS. IN. VIDEOGAMES.

Fuck em. Fuck em. Fuck em. Every fucking WRPG has to have a giant ass rat. Can't stand rodents, shit is so gross. God, if there's one enemy I could blacklist, it's a giant goddamn rat. Eugh.

Brinbe

Half Life Barnacles!
L8pWQlk.jpg

Whenever I get pulled in I honestly freak the fuck out. Ugh, the worst.

usXGlLA.gif

FUUUUUUUUUCK

And of course, when I was younger.

This motherfucker
EwCKJZI.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The first time the game 'introduced' this (though I heard the 1st time it appeared it was supposed to be the fake version? Anyways...), I promptly pushed the Xbox power button.

limbo_spider_article_image.jpg

I am not even arachnophobic but goddamn it scared me.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Been playing a lot of Borderlands 2 lately, and i really hate those Threshers. Especially the ones that pulls you toward them. Extra "Nope" points when its a giant one on fire that can kill you in 2 hits or something like that.

Layell

Have you ever played Majora's Mask, gone into first-person view for whatever reason and then saw THIS charging at you?

Real_Bombchu.jpg

If you know they are around, and even if you don't avoid first-person view at all costs.

Bishop89

seeing that giant spider lady from demons/dark souls makes me not want to continue playing those games.
And the one from xenoblade... omg i would sh!t my pants.

This motherfucker
EwCKJZI.jpg
[/QUOTE]

My first experience with this level was something like this:

"that sun looks really pissed off"

"Omg omg omg omg"

Second to that are these mofos.

Resident-Evil-Revelations-Scarmiglione-600x360.jpg

I remember constantly getting killed by those in Hell mode when the game throws three at you (after Morgan reveals his motives). I must've died fifteen times before I finally pulled out my rocket launcher. Which, of course, made Norman 100X harder.

Your first encounter with
null_zps6580586c.jpg
the Licker in Resident Evil 2, quite unnerving.

A Crimson Head
null_zps959cade7.jpg
resurrection, it's quite chilling and menacing - one of the better additions to REmake.

Gathering items for Moga Village, during the early quests and a Lagiacrus
null_zps98d83ed2.jpg
decides to crash the party....terrifying, really.

Havel from Dark Souls was unsettling and horrifying; as equally terrifying was the hotel setting and its inhabitants in Condemned 2.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I hate these guys lol. Especially Hammer Bros. because they're unpredictable.
If you can get the high ground just wait about 30 seconds. In the original game they would eventually come after you. At which point you could use your elevated advantage to jump over even their highest hammer.

Occasionally I would just run and jump over them without hesitation.

Ichinii

FF8: Omega, Ultimecia(Final form).

Ninja Gaiden 2: Spider ninjas, the turtle giant bosses that would explode suddenly at death, and many more!

Kingdom Hearts:
Sephiroth, the Clock tower boss as well.

FF10:
All the optional bosses from the tent place with the dragon head.

FF12: The final hunt quest boss.

SH4: Ghosts.

500px-Piggsy_manhunt_jpg.jpg

piggsy from manhunt. oh hell no.

KK_gamer_PC_Screen1.jpg

i also remember when the 360 was coming out and the kiosks had the peter jackson king kong games in them, that dinosaur scared the piss out of me, a whole new definition of scared.

also +1 for the berserker in GOW

Xbudz

Sonic3%26K_Badnik_Hyudoro.PNG

The ghosts in Sonic 3 really bugged me.
Nothing you could do against them except find the next light switch.

Waterwraith.jpg

Hidden in an underground cave in Pikmin 2 is the waterwraith.

You are warned that attacking it is futile. But you will try. And you will fail. This creature isn't a regular dumb enemy. It's smart. It knows where you are and how to get you.

The waterwraith is a cross between a ghost, a frog, and a fucking bulldozer. Those giant rollers? Those are specifically designed to crush pikmin by the dozens. Tiny screams of horror echo throughout the cave as you try to find the best way, not to engage, but just to run for your life.

If you ever wanted to see genocide in a video game, try fighting the waterwraith in Pikmin 2.

Cyborg Midwives in System Shock 2. The first time met one all I heard was a weird mechanical noise, a strange voice and next thing I know, this screaming death monster zaps me to death.

After that, whenever I heard their voices I tried to avoid them in vain.

Tevious

Here's one that probably wasn't mentioned yet.
Castlevania%2B%2528U%2529%2B%2528V1.2%2529%2B%2Bsnap0009.jpg

Invincible chainsaw Frankenstein guy and his two gargoyle dogs from Castlevania 64.

Top Bottom