• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 30 - Jan 5 | Rest in peace, Nelson "Remix" Reyes

CPS2

Alright, so Dhalsim confuses me. He has a lot of similar moves, and I need help differentiating them.

-three slides
Just a random thing about all slides, they have a lot of active frames and if you can hit on the later active frames you'll have more frame advantage. So either hit at max range if you can, or learn meaty setups. Hitting with the first active frames (e.g. right next to them) converts all the other active frames into recovery and you'll have the worst frame advantage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I decided to learn BB the easy way: I play Bullet.
Or, rather, I *played* Bullet -- haven't touched the game for more than a month now.
The urge is slowly rising, though...

Also, I bought Injustice at -50% on Steam: I'm contemplating whether or not I should start playing it a bit. Is Zatanna at least decent in it? It's the only character that attracts me a little...
Well there is no real wrong or right way to learn BB as far as character selection goes due to how different the cast is from each other. But honestly Bullet is not the easy way to learn the game, probably one of the hardest outside of the technical characters.

Edit:
Also random Valk pretending to be magneto
ioLvwUHTvXwVB.gif

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fanatiq is answering all the questions people have for him, hes explaining the whole kelly doing myfreecams thing.

I find it gross that he is one of the few with a sponsor despite all his past actions.

You mean his past actions of not winning or doing good at all in over a year?

Shito

Well there is no real wrong or right way to learn BB as far as character selection goes due to how different the cast is from each other. But honestly Bullet is not the easy way to learn the game, probably one of the hardest outside of the technical characters.
Oh, interesting! Who would you say is the easiest?
I admit I haven't played or researched the game very much as of now; Bullet seems easy to me because she has easy combos (my execution kinda sucks a little) that can still be quite damaging. Is it because of her level management that she can be considered hard? Or her lack of options when not at close range?

sleepykyo

Look being a causal league of legends player is tough work.

I started playing LoL a couple of weeks ago. Tough, hateful, crowd. And that's just the text chat. If I could figure out how to get the audio chat to work, I'm sure my ears would bleed from the litany of bile that comes out.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh, interesting! Who would you say is the easiest?
I admit I haven't played or researched the game very much as of now; Bullet seems easy to me because she has easy combos (my execution kinda sucks a little) that can still be quite damaging. Is it because of her level management that she can be considered hard? Or her lack of options when not at close range?

Her lack of options overall. She's sorta stuck fishing for hits with a really bad frame trap game and a really bad fishing for hits with jump C and 6B

Ragna would be the easiest character in BBCP to learn at all levels of play. Solid normals, easy combos, the options he needs for most situations, a good DP, and an amazing OD.

I started playing LoL a couple of weeks ago. Tough, hateful, crowd. And that's just the text chat. If I could figure out how to get the audio chat to work, I'm sure my ears would bleed from the litany of bile that comes out.

play with friends. it's really the only way to learn the game. :'(

Silky

Banned
why cna't they just make a MOBA that plays like a Brawler. Awesomenauts is literally the only thing that is close to my desire of a Beat-Em-Up/MOBA hybrid.

If there was a console/controller supporting MOBA that retained the elements that make a MOBA but played like a melee action game, I would totally get into it.

SMITE is the closest, although it's still mostly projectile type abilities and there aren't any button icons to remind you of what you bound to what if you use a controller.

Just a random thing about all slides, they have a lot of active frames and if you can hit on the later active frames you'll have more frame advantage. So either hit at max range if you can, or learn meaty setups. Hitting with the first active frames (e.g. right next to them) converts all the other active frames into recovery and you'll have the worst frame advantage.
Am I positive on block if I hit with the end of the move?

I wish there weren't so much frame data to memorize in this game.

Kars, you should consider playing Viper. I used to think like you.
I have given her a lot of consideration. She is my kind of character, except that my execution is mid tier at best. As a lefty, hitting complex button inputs consistently is not easy for me. I imagine that part of the reason I play tridashers is it lets my main hand put in a lot of work. Right now my short list of characters to give an honest shot is:
Dhalsim
Sagat
C. Viper

I might end up landing on C. Viper just because she scares me, and I usually end up liking them because I see all their potential, which is what scares me in the first place: we resonate. I am just worried I will mindgame myself into oblivion with her, since a whiffed Seismo scares me so much. I also feel weird about maining a character in SF but not using her in Marvel. I do like her, though.

How do you do those low to the ground Burn Kick crossups?

Kikirin

why cna't they just make a MOBA that plays like a Brawler. Awesomenauts is literally the only thing that is close to my desire of a Beat-Em-Up/MOBA hybrid.

Maybe something like an MMO Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi Warriors? That'd be pretty boss.

If there was a console/controller supporting MOBA that retained the elements that make a MOBA but played like a melee action game, I would totally get into it.

SMITE is the closest, although it's still mostly projectile type abilities and there aren't any button icons to remind you of what you bound to what if you use a controller.
I tried suggesting that SEGA implement an AOS mode (the Japanese name for MOBAs, after the Aeon of Strife map layout) for Phantasy Star Online 2 in their latest player's survey. That'd be a fun engine to MOBA in.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The shittiest part of being banned is not having access to the subscription panel. Head to bookmark threads like a caveman.

Karst you should try Gouken. He has all the things you were talking about wanting and he's easier than Sim.

Am I positive on block if I hit with the end of the move?

I wish there weren't so much frame data to memorize in this game.

Yes. The LK version is for dodging far away, HK for punishing up close, and the MK version is for meaty setups. The MK version is +3 on block and +6 on hit when used as late as possible and can link into back medium kick xx LP yoga blast.

Dhalsim is relatively low execution, so you don't need to learn a bunch of combos. All you really need to know right now are

level 2 Focus, HK slide
back strong punch xx LP yoga blast xx super
U1, super

and a basic blockstring that creates space like back LK, back LK, back MK xx yoga fire, backdash

Shito

Her lack of options overall. She's sorta stuck fishing for hits with a really bad frame trap game and a really bad fishing for hits with jump C and 6B

Ragna would be the easiest character in BBCP to learn at all levels of play. Solid normals, easy combos, the options he needs for most situations, a good DP, and an amazing OD.
Yeah, Bullet does seem to revolve a lot around j.C, 6B or 2B... Which is fine for me at the moment because it allows me to "dumb down" the game while learning it. ^^
I can see how she could become "limited" quite quickly, though...

Oh Ragna, I'm stupid, it's obvious he's the "easy character": hasn't he always been ever since the very first BB? The character doesn't interest me much, though, he's too... I don't know, too "teenage-angst". Plus I'm not fond of his drive, seems a bit "cheap" and not really fun to use to me.

Silky

Banned
Sure, Karst. PSN? You can come and bop my abysmal Dee Jay.

Actually I should learn a new character in AE but the roster just doesn't do anything for me

Silky

Banned
Right. Gonna hop on the AEs in a bit.

Will buy the PC version tomorrow. I need my Rival Schools Sakura. *v*

K.Sabot

Watching Keits smack people down in the Giant Bomb GOTY thread has been a treat. They are really mad that Divekick made it on their list for some reason.

Top Bottom