• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 30 - Apr 5 | BonCHAMP

Is the Fatal 8 and Pro League separate events? Not sure what's going on. So much information in one day

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios have teamed up with The Electronic Sports League (ESL) for the Who’s Next? Mortal Kombat X Worldwide Competitive Program, which includes the Fatal 8 Exhibition Tournament and Mortal Kombat X ESL Pro League Tournament. The series of tournaments invites Mortal Kombat X players from North America and Europe to compete for bragging rights and the chance to secure winnings from a prize pool that starts at $100,000.

The program kicks off April 11 with the Fatal 8 Exhibition Tournament showcasing top pro-fighting players from around the globe as they go head-to-head in the inaugural Mortal Kombat X competition. Fans can watch the tournament live from the ESL studios in Burbank by getting tickets atmkxfatal8.eventbrite.com or online at NetherRealm Studios’ Twitch channel at www.twitch.tv/netherrealm.

Beginning April 19, the worldwide Mortal Kombat X ESL Pro League Tournament opens to Xbox One players from across North America and Europe. Through weekly competitions that offer cash prizes, players can earn their spot as one of the 16 players sent to the grand finals to be held July 11 in Los Angeles.

Mortal Kombat fans can support their favorite Mortal Kombat X tournament combatants by purchasing the exclusive Blue Steel Sub-Zero skin. A portion of the proceeds will go directly to support Mortal Kombat X tournament prize pools.

The Fatal 8 is an exhibition invitational that will occur before the public Pro League.

Also, you can contribute to the Pro League prize pot by buying a specific in game skin, like a DotA compendium thing. Neat.

Malice215

Is the Fatal 8 and Pro League separate events? Not sure what's going on. So much information in one day

Looks like this event (Fatal 8) will kick of the Pro League for MKX.

played on Xbox One? wow that was unexpected

They haven't used the PS4 to demo the game so far, so I'm not surprised.

That is true but Tekken 7 has also been moving at a very fast pace as far as development goes. I would be ecstatic to get the game this year but this time next year would also suffice.

I'm not expecting the game to come out this year because that would piss off the arcade operators. If SFV sticks to a March 2016 release, then that could either push the release up or push it out later. My guess is later since the past two Tekken games received an additional update in arcades before landing on console.

CO_Andy

Infiltration confirmed for NCR 2015. The thirst is real for pro players to get into CapCup.

RIP Team EG (excluding Momo) and the free rides into CapCup.

Team WNF and NLBC have had a better showing lately in the North American scene, and they're not even sponsored.

Malice215

The Fatal 8 is an exhibition invitational that will occur before the public Pro League.

Also, you can contribute to the Pro League prize pot by buying a specific in game skin, like a DotA compendium thing. Neat.

Those details are pretty awesome. I wonder if they are also going to do something for EVO.

Horseress

That's awesome! I wish there was more than one costume, most people that don't play Sub-Zero won't buy it

Sayad

Its that time again...

GV6NADB.jpg
I've always wanted to be able to use Fukiage as a ground launcher with Makoto, since SF3, but it seemed way too op, never actually thought I'd see the day, to finally be able to do it in Ultra was a real joy.

Other than that, I'd love to see Chun Li's SvC version of Hazanshu back, where it start hitting in mid air, like Able flip kick special... I guess it will be more like Adon's.

Sayad

Anyone know of a simple way to get a DS4 to work on PC? (Without buying something like a CM.)
It works fine when wired, like any none 360 controller, all you'd need is a software to map its buttons as a 360 controller. Most games wont even need that.

I'm reading about Mewtwo DLC. It's being implied that the people who redeemed the codes for the character will have the ability to play him before Mewtwo is available as a purchasable option. So basically, not everyone will have access to him.

If that's the case, do you think he'll be banned until he's available through purchase? Like at Evo?

I'm reading about Mewtwo DLC. It's being implied that the people who redeemed the codes for the character will have the ability to play him before Mewtwo is available as a purchasable option. So basically, not everyone will have access to him.

If that's the case, do you think he'll be banned until he's available through purchase? Like at Evo?

I would assume so.

Wait if Ultradavid is a commentator does that mean he gets to play the full game early?

heh yeeeeeeeeeep it does! we'll have the thursday and friday to mess around with the game before the tournament on saturday. personally i won't be able to do the full two days because i have work etc, but the tournament venue is only half an hour from where i live so it'll be easily accessible.

i'm gonna make a big list of things to test that i think might be really good that i'll keep on a public google doc so anyone can add their own thoughts to it! finding good stuff on those days is super important because whichever player finds the best stuff the fastest is gonna have an advantage over everyone else in the tournament. i'm not playing of course, but i want to help them figure stuff out!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Its that time again...

http://i.imgur.com/GV6NADB.jpg[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not sure what would be my final answer, but heck I would love to see Mike Haggar have an ability that he could throw his pipe as his projectile in (Ultimate) Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Of course, it would have an ability to stun or cause strong knock back for Mike Haggar so it would help him to get close to his opponents.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Sorry about double posts. >.<

Give Ike his motherfucking sword wave attack from the Radiant Saga in Fire Emblem. I understand why it wasn't done, but it still doesn't mean I'm happy with it, especially when Ike is still such a struggle character in the face of a few other veterans' changes between Brawl and 4. It could also work to further establish his character as a heavy swordsman by having a charge animation similar to focus attacks where the longer the charge, the more instantaneous and heavy hitting the blow or just have it be a slow ground patrolling attack. Also change Eruption to be his down smash.

Alternatively, give Dante Zodiac as both a new special move and an assist. Let him get in on that full screen horizontal beam/blast zoning too!

Or even better, give Elphelt a fast pitch for her grenades a la Snake in Brawl.
ibrbVmYIJ5vTVQ.jpeg

Give Ike his shockwave blast from the FE games please. One of his customs -kinda- gives him this, but it's so bootleg lol. I want a proper one. FAKE EDIT: Basically, what Azure said lol

Other than that, I dunno. Maybe give Dante one of his DMC4 weapons? Lucifer could be fun. :p

Apparently, Ike had sword wave during early phase, but Sakurai might think it's too strong so it's gone. (I don't remember where I read it but I think it was from article or people found the data in Brawl)

installing DOA 5 now. i shall be the premier poster of DOA content for FGW.

it is a thankless job i know, but someone must do it.

This is awesome. I'd love for stuff like this to be able to happen with Capcom Cup and Evo in the future. Buy a special skin for the character that a Capcom Cup entrant plays, and that money goes to the prize pot.

Kimosabae

Banned
This is awesome. I'd love for stuff like this to be able to happen with Capcom Cup and Evo in the future. Buy a special skin for the character that a Capcom Cup entrant plays, and that money goes to the prize pot.

Yeah that sounds like an awesome idea, actually.

Top Bottom