• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 30 - Apr 5 | BonCHAMP

This is awesome. I'd love for stuff like this to be able to happen with Capcom Cup and Evo in the future. Buy a special skin for the character that a Capcom Cup entrant plays, and that money goes to the prize pot.

how would Evo do it?

I wish there was anything at all for Smash lol

CPS2

installing DOA 5 now. i shall be the premier poster of DOA content for FGW.

it is a thankless job i know, but someone must do it.
I saw a video the other day of a character getting slammed on their back over and over again, with their legs in the air so you could see up the skirt. And every time they showed up the skirt, they had a different kind of underwear on. So I'm looking forward to the content you provide and I hope you saved up for all that underwear dlc.

jbug617

Banned
link? I can't find it
http://shoryuken.com/2015/03/30/socal-regionals-2015-delay-unavoidable-levelup-series-announces/
After a week of holding our breath, Level|Up Series has announced that the possible delay to this year’s SoCal Regionals is now an unfortunate reality.

Due to construction issues, the event’s original venue is no longer able to accommodate them for the original May 1-3 dates. The hunt for a new location, however, has not resulted in any replacements, so the organizers are currently looking to the next month to hold their tournament.

As of now, they currently have an appointment to secure a venue for June 5-7, but nothing definite can be nailed down at this point in time.

We’ll be sure to keep you updated as soon as more SoCal Regionals 2015 details become available.

I saw a video the other day of a character getting slammed on their back over and over again, with their legs in the air so you could see up the skirt. And every time they showed up the skirt, they had a different kind of underwear on. So I'm looking forward to the content you provide and I hope you saved up for all that underwear dlc.

on 2nd thought, this endeavor might be too much for me to handle

Story time with FSP.

Pro Fluke's blocked me on Twitter. And I think he's removed me on Facebook. :/

Maybe it was a counter block?

He told me to stop talking when I was talking to someone else about the USF4 sound glitch, I responded saying there's no such thing as a random glitch and I should know given I work in QA. He gets sarcastic then compares me to a guy who eats at a restaurant then claims he knows how to cook.

Some of you guys might know I lost my job. I found a new awesome QA role recently - not in games - and I consider myself to actually know quite a lot about software defects.

I in haste told him to check himself before getting mad at people on Twitter. I decided to block him on Twitter after that pretty much because I know how short the guy's fuse is and that I would just end up feeling bad over it.

Removed the block today because I really try not to act daft over video games and, yeah, blocked on both fronts. So much for trying to send out a hand to apologise.

I have tried to get on with this guy and at this point I am in despair. I don't want to have to actively avoid a player because I am terrified he will fly off the handle if you say the tiniest thing wrong to him.

Ugh.

Sorry for the storytime. It is kinda dickish to put this up where not many people from the UK scene have the right to respond. I just want this out in the open because I have tried so hard to get on with this guy and it just keeps going tits up. :/

Hopefully I can have a word with him at Hypespotting to see if we can just be chill.

Tram EG and other Americans will still make it to Capcom Cup, since there're 32 spots.

The US players that aren't able to win a premiere event will have more competition compared to last year. Last year there were way more ranking events in the US compared to Asia, but this year it's about equal. Asia kept about the same as last year, while the US ranking events were cut in half.

The difference in Ranking events last year compared to this year:
US: 15 vs 6
NA: 23 vs 8
Asia:10 vs 12

Premiere events:
Asia: 3 vs 4
NA: 6 vs 6

So despite there being more spots, the NA players not able to qualify outright will have more competition for those spots this year. I think Americans will have a good chance at getting an auto qual spot because all the players will be going to practically every Premiere event. Eventually there will be numerous players already qualified in the top 8 so top 4-8 might be good enough to get an auto qual spot. We saw that at a stacked event, anything can happen and multiple Americans can make top 8.

But then thinking about it some more, all the US Premiere events are happening in the beginning so those US events will have less top 8 spots filled with qualified players compared to the overseas premiere events. The deeper you are into the tour, the more auto qual spots will have been given away.

So they better start traveling.

honestly I don't really like the idea of automatic spots getting "passed down" if the winner has already grabbed a spot, it should just be vacated and another points spot should open up

mbpm1

Story time with FSP.

He told me to stop talking when I was talking to someone else about the USF4 sound glitch, I responded saying there's no such thing as a random glitch and I should know given I work in QA. He gets sarcastic then compares me to a guy who eats at a restaurant then claims he knows how to cook.

Some of you guys might know I lost my job. I found a new awesome QA role recently - not in games - and I consider myself to actually know quite a lot about software defects.

I in haste told him to check himself before getting mad at people on Twitter. I decided to block him on Twitter after that pretty much because I know how short the guy's fuse is and that I would just end up feeling bad over it.

Removed the block today because I really try not to act daft over video games and, yeah, blocked on both fronts. So much for trying to send out a hand to apologise.

I have tried to get on with this guy and at this point I am in despair. I don't want to have to actively avoid a player because I am terrified he will fly off the handle if you say the tiniest thing wrong to him.

Ugh.

Sorry for the storytime. It is kinda dickish to put this up where not many people from the UK scene have the right to respond. I just want this out in the open because I have tried so hard to get on with this guy and it just keeps going tits up. :/

Hopefully I can have a word with him at Hypespotting to see if we can just be chill.

Look on the bright side

It's not imstilldadaddy

That sounds like a pretty annoying situation all around. I'm sure he can't be that mad that you'd be bothered in real life though, can he?

Kumubou

honestly I don't really like the idea of automatic spots getting "passed down" if the winner has already grabbed a spot, it should just be vacated and another points spot should open up
In a weird way, I kind of want to see a premier tournament where the top 4 finishers are already qualified, and they need to do a run-off for 5th/6th to determine who qualifies. When would you even run such a match? Would the tournament be running so late that it couldn't even be streamed?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Story time with FSP.

Ugh.

I'm not sure if this person is even worth the time/effort it takes to confront them or the blood pressure.

If I was you, and I didn't have a vested interest in a personal relationship with this person, I would block them out of my life and keep it moving. Fuck if I have time in my life to make concessions of any kind for petty, insignificant shit like that.

In a weird way, I kind of want to see a premier tournament where the top 4 finishers are already qualified, and they need to do a run-off for 5th/6th to determine who qualifies. When would you even run such a match? Would the tournament be running so late that it couldn't even be streamed?

you're not thinking big enough

top 8 are already qualified, 9th-12th have to play for that spot

Look on the bright side

It's not imstilldadaddy

That sounds like a pretty annoying situation all around. I'm sure he can't be that mad that you'd be bothered in real life though, can he?

ISDD is sound. I have met the guy a couple of times, went out to a bar in Sweden once with him. Dude does have a history but he's acknowledged his mistakes and moved on.

So they better start traveling.

I think many top US players will be content qualifying via points rather than winning a premier event. Unfortunately for US players, most of the of Premier events are in the US so they have to deal with a lot of top international players. Once CEO is over the only Premier event close by will be Canada Cup. Outside of that they'll have to travel to either Europe or Asia to win those automatic bids and we all know how brutal it'll be to win one in Asia. Plus Justin and company are so accustomed to just attending events in the US. You hardly see them travel to big tournaments outside of the continent.

If they were though I'd say they're better off attending the Euro events over the Asian ones. American events are already very stacked with Asian players. They should be even more stacked when it takes place over there.

Skab

Just a heads up, GMG VIP currently has MKX Premium Edition (PC, obviously) on sale for $60.74. Basically means you get all the DLC free.

pixelish

i feel bad for those who have already made arrangements to go to scr. why did valle think it's a good idea to pick a venue that is still currently under construction?

pixelish

poongko sleeping on his stick. a true gamer confirmed.
I45kalr.png

I think many top US players will be content qualifying via points rather than winning a premier event. Unfortunately for US players, most of the of Premier events are in the US so they have to deal with a lot of top international players. Once CEO is over the only Premier event close by will be Canada Cup. Outside of that they'll have to travel to either Europe or Asia to win those automatic bids and we all know how brutal it'll be to win one in Asia. Plus Justin and company are so accustomed to just attending events in the US. You hardly see them travel to big tournaments outside of the continent.

If they were though I'd say they're better off attending the Euro events over the Asian ones. American events are already very stacked with Asian players. They should be even more stacked when it takes place over there.

Premiere events will be the same no matter the location. Qualified players are going because of the money involved. That's the key difference between last year and this year. Qualified players had no big reason to travel to a premiere event because the potential pay off wasn't that great. The big prize at the end of the year is what mattered. This year the entire tour matters. So yea you're right that the Asian tournaments will be brutal.

The US and NA just has far fewer ranking events this year and Asia has more this year. They can qualify through points, but it will still be tougher this year because of that reason. Asian players have more opportunities to pick up points. Of course American players will still get in, but my guess is that there will be more Japanese players at this year's Capcom Cup than American players. Last year both had 6 representatives.

i feel bad for those who have already made arrangements to go to scr. why did valle think it's a good idea to pick a venue that is still currently under construction?

He flat out screwed up. It was unprofessional.

how would Evo do it?

I wish there was anything at all for Smash lol

...I dunno, actually.

Maybe just skins for characters of some of the biggest name players in the world?

Either way, Capcom Cup (and probably especially when SF5 is out) could be a big start to this for Street Fighter

Looking at the tier lists for DOA5, it seems like Jacky and Akira are mid-tier at best. Confirmed for no buy.

With that in mind, I'm gonna head on to AE PC if anybody wants to play. I don't wanna play ranked because I got dat SICK 666 PP.

Rainy

Banned
Where was SCR supposed to be held? Some hotel ballroom? Why would Valle pick a place that was still under construction in the first place? Or did this problem come up later.

Nyoro SF

Playing Dead or Alive 5 (first 3D fighter I've played in over 15 years), and I cannot pass even the tutorial for Critical Limits...

This is probably a bad precursor of what is to come for me if Tekken is released on PC. :p

EDIT: OK I passed it, but seriously, mixing up the names Critical Burst, Critical Limit, Critical Stun are not helping, TK.

Top Bottom