• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth New Trailer Revealed, Coming in Early 2024 on 2 Discs | Summer Game Fest 2023

I will agree with this. Environment-wise, from what I’ve seen, XVI looks better. But this game def has superior character models in addition to CG cutscenes.

I mean, XVI might have some CG cutscenes too but I still have no clue what Yoshi-P meant by his roundabout wording in his 2 Japanese interviews regarding pre-rendered cutscenes.

Wr7W6i3.jpg

But CG Jill is pretty so I hope there are some.
I think the character models in XVI look better, the main character models at least. The style of artwork is vastly different so could just be a style preference going either way.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i know its a game character but tifa always does things to me...goddamn...
It's sad and pathetic but I'd never bothered playing VII if it wasn't for Tifa. Never knew anything about the game but I had seen Tifa and that's what got me interested :messenger_grinning_smiling:

• LOL
Reactions: K2D

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Lol. Why do Japanese games do this? It’s hilarious hearing it all the time in Zelda
I really don’t know. It’s like they think that any time a character has some thought pass through their head, they have to make some sound so that the audience picks up on it.

The funniest part is that FF VII Remake English dub made all the grunting and sighing louder than the JP version. Some VA director at S-E was like “the western audience expects grunting and sighing with MORE INTENSITY!!!”

Dis

Nomura tried to make the story a 1:1 remake. He was forced by others to change it to something else. Maybe actually learn about its development before you talk out your ass?

Do you have a link? Never heard about this?

This rebirth shit their pulling off is 10/10 quadruple A 5 star pigeon.

Square has never been this good since the Enix merger.

No way this is forced

Last edited:

TheAssist

Looking good for a cross-gen title (is this coming to ps4 as well?).
Obviously not comparable with 16 in graphics, and it needs much more work (you can't just run through grass in this day and age like you're a ghost, you just can't), but highly anticipated either way.
Its weird because I think in the first trailer you saw the foilage react to Cloud and Sephiroth. Probably an older build or just not implemented at this specific part of the game.

graywolf323

Oh yeah I'm sure the time ghosts and parallel universes had nothing to do with Nomura's presence
Do you have a link? Never heard about this?

This rebirth shit their pulling off is 10/10 quadruple A 5 star pigeon.

Square has never been this good since the Enix merger.

No way this is forced
there was an interview with Kitase where he basically said he wanted to go further than they even did but Nomura and Hamaguchi had wanted it to stay as close to the original as possible

zjgbko3npr051.png

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So.

If Square are true about their "3 game" arc. How much we expecting this second game to cover ?

Up to the Gold Saucer or up to the city of the ancients ?

graywolf323

So.

If Square are true about their "3 game" arc. How much we expecting this second game to cover ?

I kinda wonder if it might go all the way to the Whirlwind Maze 🤔

edit: it’d make more sense to me than stopping earlier, the original game was four acts after all and that would be the end of Act 2

ending at the Temple of the Ancients or especially reaching the Golden Saucer would leave a LOT for the third & final game to cover

plus ending with the end of Act 2 would leave it on a great cliffhanger for going into the final game covering Acts 3 & 4

Last edited:
Where are the meltdowns regarding the overworld Fart Knight Fart Knight ??

TheDreadLord TheDreadLord

That line at the end is just Sephiroth using Cloud's memories against him. Tifa almost didn't make it in the Nibelheim incident and he thinks if he can make Cloud think she's not really Tifa then Tifa can't save him like she does in the OG game.

B bbeach123

The original teaser footage had interactive foliage. I don't know why it's off in this trailer but I'm sure they aware because it was in there.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
So.

Could this really not get to Golden Saucer? I feel like that would leave way too much for Act III considering you make 2 significant trips to the Saucer, initially and later on. I was all but positive the Chocobo Racing and initial Gold Saucer would be in it, figured it would include past Aerith's death too, or at least the area where it occurs which is obviously quite a bit post Gold Saucer.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Could this really not get to Golden Saucer? I feel like that would leave way too much for Act III considering you make 2 significant trips to the Saucer, initially and later on. I was all but positive the Chocobo Racing and initial Gold Saucer would be in it, figured it would include past Aerith's death too, or at least the area where it occurs which is obviously quite a bit post Gold Saucer.

I said city of ancients, because it makes sense for the game to end on a big note.

Minsc

Gold Member
I said city of ancients, because it makes sense for the game to end on a big note.
It's totally going to a new timeline for an entirely new third act, Cloud kills Sephiroth to save Aerith and becomes the ultimate evil that she must kill to save the planet ending the game in tragedy and despair as everyone fails and Cloud destroys the world.

Where are the meltdowns regarding the overworld Fart Knight Fart Knight ??

TheDreadLord TheDreadLord

That line at the end is just Sephiroth using Cloud's memories against him. Tifa almost didn't make it in the Nibelheim incident and he thinks if he can make Cloud think she's not really Tifa then Tifa can't save him like she does in the OG game.

B bbeach123

The original teaser footage had interactive foliage. I don't know why it's off in this trailer but I'm sure they aware because it was in there.
Huh. You’re right. But it could also be that they initially planned to have interactive foliage but decided to not go through with it. It’s quite off-putting and I feel like it’ll really help make the world feel alive, but I’ll get over it.

K2D

Banned
So.

Counting the major story beats, the cut off point could logically be anywhere between 'Tempel of the Ancients', and 'The Crater and The Weapons'.

Two points that make a lot of sense for a cliffhanger are 'City of the Ancients' and 'Weapons Emerging'.

Unless they make a whole new cliffhanger on their own...

There is no way in hell this game will stop at the Golden Saucer LMFAO. It’ll absolutely either end at the Forgotten City or the Whirlwind Maze.

Even if Part 2 ends at the Whirlwind Maze, Part 3 still has to deal with the Weapons + searching for Huge Materia + Cloud’s memory section + return to Midgar + the finale + whatever new material they want to push in.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
I kinda wonder if it might go all the way to the Whirlwind Maze 🤔

edit: it’d make more sense to me than stopping earlier, the original game was four acts after all and that would be the end of Act 2

ending at the Temple of the Ancients or especially reaching the Golden Saucer would leave a LOT for the third & final game to cover

plus ending with the end of Act 2 would leave it on a great cliffhanger for going into the final game covering Acts 3 & 4

The way I think about the cut off point is how much work each story beat takes to develop. Some big ones besides the over world would be the inhabited parts of the world. In particular The Gold Saucer.

Mideel, Junon HQ, Midgar part 2 are huge for the ending.

Junon Harbor, Gold Saucer, Cosmo Canyon, are huge safe bets for Rebirth.

Then there are smaller story beat in between.

Wutai is huge but it could fit into either parts or even dlc.

Top Bottom