• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth New Trailer Revealed, Coming in Early 2024 on 2 Discs | Summer Game Fest 2023

Pejo

I hear ya brother, but I just feel the OG version should be more based, just like the original FF7 Cinematics lol. I get it, they toned done the pervy waifu stuff when the redesigned her years ago. Alas. They did my girl laura croft the same way too, even worse really.
Yep, I've just stopped railing against the current state of the industry. I just wait for the PC version and the countless fans-become-modders to fix things to make them as they are in the "good timeline". Hasn't let me down yet.

Bonus since you mentioned Lara Croft (watch til end, short vid)

K2D

Banned
Tifa was 15 in that scene.

b223e40f-3703-48f8-a7cf-cefd003cbc24-1655486294836.png
Meanwhile in Japan

v8cFYhW.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I've just stopped railing against the current state of the industry. I just wait for the PC version and the countless fans-become-modders to fix things to make them as they are in the "good timeline". Hasn't let me down yet.

Bonus since you mentioned Lara Croft (watch til end, short vid)

Oh wow, what a difference, they don't need to be like massive balloons like I saw with some mods, this seems much much better. Classic design.

Good God almighty, FF for life, PlayStation stay winning!

"You know that I killed her so who is she?"

You motherfuckers gonna exchange Tifa for Aerith??? Can't wait 🔥🔥🔥
I don't think they are, I think it's a red herring for drama.

If you think back to the flashbacks it would be easy to take the scene that Sephiroth strikes Tifa and run with "she died, so who has been with you?" Basically and continue to toy with Clouds memories with a little bit of rewriting before revealing later he carried her out of there and she was fine.

Pejo

If you think back to the flashbacks it would be easy to take the scene that Sephiroth strikes Tifa and run with "she died, so who has been with you?" Basically and continue to toy with Clouds memories with a little bit of rewriting before revealing later he carried her out of there and she was fine.
And then the time ghosts come out and start singing Motownphilly.

And then the time ghosts come out and start singing Motownphilly.
Well, time ghosts from the past who've come back to fix what the future time ghosts that were eradicated failed to maintain, then we can have another final battle with fate and Sephiroth at the end of creation before part 3.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned

Yeah, exactly this. People are reading to much into story beats that were in og FF7, that they seem to flesh out in more detail here.

I know, I'm just having fun with it 😆

Pejo

I'm curisou to know what level we gonna start the game as, will start at level 50 or go back to level 1?
It'd be cool if they had progress carryover from part 1, and level 50 for the crazy bastards starting at part 2.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It'd be cool if they had progress carryover from part 1, and level 50 for the crazy bastards starting at part 2.
All I want to know is if my 3 Gotterdammerung is gonna carryover to part 2, I worked hard to get those.:messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

kiphalfton

... so at the end of the video sephiroth slices through Tifa's shirt, and the video cuts out right before her pups fall out.

Quite the cliffhanger.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
... so at the end of the video sephiroth slices through Tifa's shirt, and the video cuts out right before her pups fall out.

Quite the cliffhanger.

Find out more at the exclusive behind the locked doors TGS screening.

Lokaum D+

Good God almighty, FF for life, PlayStation stay winning!

"You know that I killed her so who is she?"

You motherfuckers gonna exchange Tifa for Aerith??? Can't wait 🔥🔥🔥
No, they wont, Aerith has to die, there is no other way , tifas death would make zero sense and affect nothing in the major plot since her is a no one if u compare her to Aerith importance.

He is just messing with Cloud

Last edited:

Larxia

Epic isn't PC?
I think you know well what I mean, but if you want an answer, then no, not in the traditionnal sense.

Think of it like if there was a game on ps5 that would launch a seperate os instead of the ps5 os, where you can play the game but you don't have access to your usual menus / stats, no trophies, no friends lists or anything, no psn, just a game locked on its own separate system. I'm sure this would bother a lot of console players, and it's the same for PC.

Epic is like a completely different ecosystem, it's like running a closed console system on your PC, it's awful, and on top of it many of us don't want to support that store out of principle too because of their terrible practices and policies.

StereoVsn

No, they wont, Aerith has to die, there is no other way , tifas death would make zero sense and affect nothing in the major plot since her is a no one if u compare her to Aerith importance.

He is just messing with Cloud
Since this isn't really a "Remake" so to speak but more alternate timeline, maybe both will live.

Fuz

Banned
By the way, since you're talking about space ghosts and nomurashit, can anyone give me an explanation on WHY they absolutely had to beat the time ghosts and change the future, considering that the future... saw them winning over Sephiroth and saving the planet and everything went super swell (except a little detail Aerith but still better than complete world annihilation)?

Did I miss something or it's just STUPID?

Larxia

I'm not sure I get it, what do you prefer to use then, Gog?

Plus I don't even understand your comment, Steam is the most common platform that everyone is used to, so yes, Epic is the annoying standout there, I'm not sure why you place Steam as the one standing out, like if it was an exception or something.

If people want to use Epic on their own will, then fine, just don't force people to go there. If people usually go to Steam and have been for the past 15 years, then having to switch to Epic is a change, I don't see why you pretend it's the opposite.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

Since this isn't really a "Remake" so to speak but more alternate timeline, maybe both will live.
Maybe, but like i said, aside from Arith and Cloud, no one has any significance to any plot that Sephiroth is doing, they are just there to be party members, u can kill or replace anyone aside from those two that plot would work anyway. But im curious to see how they ll handle the importance of Aerith cetra lineage on this Remake.

Kumomeme

perhaps this is the opening CGI? since it mention Midgar Expressway, it show what might gonna happened in different timeline if they failed to escape Midgar and defeat Sephiroth at end of the first game.

FyIMsbgaUAIetqG

with that Buganhegen scene at Cosmo Canyon and the fact the game come with 2 disc, it mean that the content is bigger than we expected. Cosmo Canyon or Nibelheim perhaps the least far we get this time. would make sense if the game start with Kalm flashback and end at Nibelheim with Vincent join at end of it like how Red XIII from the first game.

i dont think we made into Northen Crater yet since it far late into the original game. the Reunion scene perhaps just a cutscene, not that we actually reach there? the development time is around 3-4 years. this mean they progress quite fast but i hope the content properly reflect the disc size and development time.

also itseems Aerith gonna 'die' on next game after Rebirth. no way they gonna kill her earlier and made her missing at one of the trilogy.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

By the way, since you're talking about space ghosts and nomurashit, can anyone give me an explanation on WHY they absolutely had to beat the time ghosts and change the future, considering that the future... saw them winning over Sephiroth and saving the planet and everything went super swell (except a little detail Aerith but still better than complete world annihilation)?

Did I miss something or it's just STUPID?
Maybe to avoid Geostigma in the future? They save the Planet, but they also caused the Geostigma.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I mean in Advent Children the world wasn't exactly in best shape and if they didn't then Sephiroth would one way another and make thing much worse.

I think you know well what I mean, but if you want an answer, then no, not in the traditionnal sense.

Think of it like if there was a game on ps5 that would launch a seperate os instead of the ps5 os, where you can play the game but you don't have access to your usual menus / stats, no trophies, no friends lists or anything, no psn, just a game locked on its own separate system. I'm sure this would bother a lot of console players, and it's the same for PC.

Epic is like a completely different ecosystem, it's like running a closed console system on your PC, it's awful, and on top of it many of us don't want to support that store out of principle too because of their terrible practices and policies.
Epic is as much PC as Steam. I really don't get what you're saying.

perhaps this is the opening CGI? since it mention Midgar Expressway, it show what might gonna happened in different timeline if they failed to escape Midgar and defeat Sephiroth at end of the first game.

FyIMsbgaUAIetqG

with that Buganhegen scene at Cosmo Canyon and the fact the game come with 2 disc, it mean that the content is bigger than we expected. Cosmo Canyon or Nibelheim perhaps the least far we get this time. would make sense if the game start with Kalm flashback and end at Nibelheim with Vincent join at end of it like how Red XIII from the first game.

i dont think we made into Northen Crater yet since it far late into the original game. the Reunion scene perhaps just a cutscene, not that we actually reach there? the development time is around 3-4 years. this mean they progress quite fast but i hope the content properly reflect the disc size and development time.

also itseems Aerith gonna 'die' on next game after Rebirth. no way they gonna kill her earlier and made her missing at one of the trilogy.
I didn't understand what was going on with the collapsed expressway myself.. kind of ignored it figured more plot "subversion" bs.

Larxia

Epic is as much PC as Steam. I really don't get what you're saying.
Brady Bunch K GIF

Tell this to all the people who aren't even aware that Kingdom Hearts is available on "PC" because of the Epic exclusivity. Something being exclusive to Epic is almost the same thing as not being on PC at all, it's really not the same as regular releases being available on all platforms.

Sophist

Nooooooo. i am so disappointed that we didn't hear this during the trailer :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: i hope they keep it for a next trailer.

Chukhopops

I really disliked Remake from a gameplay and story perspective but I don’t think I can resist this one after seeing the trailer.

It really looks spectacular.

Top Bottom