• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Overwatch Non-Binary Character Fully Revealed

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
who cares family guy GIF

Kataploom

Gold Member
Isn't it too late for that? The world is moving on.

BTW I hope they don't use the BS "inclusive language" in spanish, they already have it very hard finding an audience these days already.

Blindy

Not going to lie, Venture looks super fun to play. The digging through specials seems super cheap. I don't play the game much anymore but that trailer looks somewhat different for a hero.

Krieger

Ok, but why are all these gay/bi/binary/retarded characters also always black? Isn't that racist and/or sexist? Do they think black humans can't be straight?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I still think one of the most interesting observations in gaming has gone under everyone's radar.

In 2017, almost everyone played Fortnite as a male skin.

By 2023, roughly 75% of lobbies are female skins.

It honestly might be higher than 75%. I do a quick check once every time I play. ~98% of players are boys.

MiguelItUp

When Overwatch first came out it was pretty cool. Wild seeing how much its changed since launch. Well, and Blizzard as a whole. Along with what they're putting on the forefront. I guess this kind of stuff got OW a lot of positive publicity and they decided to just lean into it super hard? It all feels so forced at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
I know how they identify doesn't matter but it does to the OW2 community. They get really invested in this stuff.

I think the character looks like fun, but they'll get nerfed hard most probably after 2 weeks when streamers and "pro" OW players start whining about it.

nkarafo

When Overwatch first came out it was pretty cool. Wild seeing how much its changed since launch. Well, and Blizzard as a whole. Along with what they're putting on the forefront. I guess this kind of stuff got OW a lot of positive publicity and they decided to just lean into it super hard? It all feels so forced at this point.
It's almost impossible to believe it's the same company that released the original Starcraft and Diablo in the late 90's.

It's not just the quality, it's the whole "vibe". Which is the complete opposite of their current cringe. It's hard to explain.

I bet no one, not a single soul who worked on these games are still in the company.

Ok, but why are all these gay/bi/binary/retarded characters also always black? Isn't that racist and/or sexist? Do they think black humans can't be straight?

Because the ones making this character sure AF hate both blacks and lesbians. We even have egregious cases like black+lesbian+disable like in the new Tomb Raider tabletop game. Those characters are either self-inserts or made by people who hate those demographic groups, so they mash them together. Of course, they are all very ugly.

Truly sick stuff.

Last edited:

ssringo

It's almost impossible to believe it's the same company that released the original Starcraft and Diablo in the late 90's.

It's not just the quality, it's the whole "vibe". Which is the complete opposite of their current cringe. It's hard to explain.

I bet no one, not a single soul who worked on these games are still in the company.
It's not. The main talent that built the company left long ago. AFAIK Chris Metzen is (probably) the only one left.

splattered

I still think one of the most interesting observations in gaming has gone under everyone's radar.

In 2017, almost everyone played Fortnite as a male skin.

By 2023, roughly 75% of lobbies are female skins.

It honestly might be higher than 75%. I do a quick check once every time I play. ~98% of players are boys.
that's because those boys have gotten older and now like to stare at female character butt's. One of my good friends is like 5 years older than me and always picks female characters in games so he can check out their butts.

MiguelItUp

Oh yeah, most certainly not. If anyone IS still there, it's most certainly in positions that don't have any control over products in any way, shape, or form.

Mortisfacio

It's not. The main talent that built the company left long ago. AFAIK Chris Metzen is (probably) the only one left.

Allen Adham is the only original founder still left. His LinkedIn still shows him there, at least. Metzen being the longest notable name (many don't seem to know who Adham is).

Overwatch side, I gave up on the game when Kaplan left.

Last edited:
Top Bottom