• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Overwatch Non-Binary Character Fully Revealed

bitbydeath

GJsJue4XAAM3BmN
Should have gone with:
images

Braag

When in the hero selection screen, we need to see each hero's pronouns and sexual preference. It's paramount in a game which involves killing the enemy team and claiming the objective.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Wait this doesn't have something to do with computer language? I hope I never know what this is.
You remember how some women are Tomboys? Some Men are kinda effeminate? NonBinary is the new term used by mentally deranged folks who like to pretend they aren't men or women and are in some nebulous "neither" zone. As if such a thing exists.

Similar to sex where they claim they are neither male nor female, that there is a wide spectrum between the two (there isn't).

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I read the above and am no clearer for reading it. Kind of like talking to a patient who is eating his own faeces and using to to scrawl on the padded cell walls.
It's not that complicated. I am just saying that a lot of people who would have probably considered themselves to be butch lesbians call themselves non-binary now. And that there's a bit of a generation gap in the lesbian community when it comes to attitudes on this. And that this is very disproportionately a thing in the lesbian community rather than gay men.

I wasn't expressing any kind of opinion on it, I was just answering homie's question, you don't have to get so triggered.

Last edited:

violence

You remember how some women are Tomboys? Some Men are kinda effeminate? NonBinary is the new term used by mentally deranged folks who like to pretend they aren't men or women and are in some nebulous "neither" zone. As if such a thing exists.

Similar to sex where they claim they are neither male nor female, that there is a wide spectrum between the two (there isn't).
So it's like a personality thing? "Software" not "hardware?" So in a way it's like binary code then.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I am not talking about having different opinions. I'm talking about becoming the very thing you hate. That's a little silly too.
I don't really see anyone angry. Just rolling their eyes at another blatant attempt at garnering attention and laughing at the poor, low quality effort that Blizzard puts into this.

Its a MP shooter with no narrative. If this were a longstanding comic series, show, or narrative driven game where relationships are a key part of the situation - then knowing these character's sexualities and gender identities would be more important. So it simply comes across as low effort virtue signalling to try and divert eyes from the growing fire that is happening at Blizzard HQ.

This tends to be a thing with them. Racist Allegations? Announce Tracer is gay. Banning the OK hand gesture and a notable player after calling out China? Announce Soldier 76 is gay. Get it leaked that you are abusing workers? Change the names of characters and add an LGBTQIA+ character. Cancel all narrative/single player content permanently? Release another LGBTQIA+ character.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
None-binary or not why they made they design so unappealing here? If they didn't want to make the character less feminine they could have at very least make it look bad ass or something.

p26NoqJGlvG82GylyiU_KF-OrOs8Eur8DWaHVnIcmQ-mBJZ25G-yF3osxofd4rdIS8X48dFV2rwDGw=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1-rwa

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
also if you have a tooth that's chipped that badly, it probably also hurts like a motherfucker, or the nerve is dead and you've got puss filling in the canal, possibly leading to an infection which could spread to the brain and then you die.

it doesn't make your character look more 'spunky' or whatever, they just look retarded.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
None-binary or not why they made they design so unappealing here? If they didn't want to make the character less feminine they could have at very least make it look bad ass or something.

p26NoqJGlvG82GylyiU_KF-OrOs8Eur8DWaHVnIcmQ-mBJZ25G-yF3osxofd4rdIS8X48dFV2rwDGw=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1-rwa

One of my favorite artists does nothing but women in big, bulky medieval armor.

Even something like this, for the reasons stated, offer both feminine appeal while also looking badass.

But these people seem to think the only way you can achieve the same result is by making them chubby, man-ish, ugly, or a combination of the three.

Kazdane

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Nah, I can't even wrap my head around the concept of introducing a non-binary character in a game where it literally has no impact on its narrative

Saber

Gold Member
I am not talking about having different opinions. I'm talking about becoming the very thing you hate. That's a little silly too.

No hate or anything, just mocking of how stupid this is.
They ain't doing this for you and all supporters. They do this for the money, the better you accept this the less silly will look like.

Top Bottom