• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

You never know and that is the problem, especially with a case where everyone expected sever consequences you must make sure you made the right decision.

I agree with you and I don't think it's as easy as I'm making it out to be, but FIFA needs to at least put some effort into it. There needs to be some accountability for this kind of thing, Alvaro is getting death threats by the fuckload and I can't shake the feeling he might not have said that.

Dark Rider

I agree with you and I don't think it's as easy as I'm making it out to be, but FIFA needs to at least put some effort into it. There needs to be some accountability for this kind of thing, Alvaro is getting death threats by the fuckload and I can't shake the feeling he might not have said that.

I agree it must be taken seriously and if they have conclusive evidence to act on it but if they don't I hope they don't panic and make the wrong decision just because the issue is in the spot light at the moment.

DKehoe

The BPL marketing and income helped them tremendously to achieve all of that but the real question is are they prepared to cut into their profit for trophies? or they rather protect the profit even if it means not winning as many trophies as they used to.

Man Utd, much more than any other team, also very much helped the Premier League establish itself as what it is worldwide. The Glazers have used United as a piggy bank. They've taken out vast sums of money and saddled the club with huge, unnecessary amounts of debt while giving United nothing useful in return. The Glazers seem to have made a similar calculation as Kronke with Arsenal, that the benefits of fully getting behind the team don't outweigh the financial risks that come from the investment to push for titles. There's also obviously the issue that they failed to plan for Ferguson's retirement and implement a structure to replace him. He was basically running every aspect of the footballing side of things so it wasn't a small task but

United are such a machine that they can still spend large amounts and go after top level players. So it's not all "woe is me." There's other clubs in much worse situations obviously. But United are absolutely held back by their owners rather than helped as other clubs are. With that being said, I wouldn't swap for Chelsea or City's ownership. They may be much more willing to invest in their clubs but have deeper issues.

Dark Rider

Man Utd, much more than any other team, also very much helped the Premier League establish itself as what it is worldwide. The Glazers have used United as a piggy bank. They've taken out vast sums of money and saddled the club with huge, unnecessary amounts of debt while giving United nothing useful in return. The Glazers seem to have made a similar calculation as Kronke with Arsenal, that the benefits of fully getting behind the team don't outweigh the financial risks that come from the investment to push for titles. There's also obviously the issue that they failed to plan for Ferguson's retirement and implement a structure to replace him. He was basically running every aspect of the footballing side of things so it wasn't a small task but

United are such a machine that they can still spend large amounts and go after top level players. So it's not all "woe is me." There's other clubs in much worse situations obviously. But United are absolutely held back by their owners rather than helped as other clubs are. With that being said, I wouldn't swap for Chelsea or City's ownership. They may be much more willing to invest in their clubs but have deeper issues.

I think back when they first bought the club and up until recently winning titles was the best marketing a club can get to push for more deals for the club coffers so it was a perfect match to please the fans and get the most money out of all the deals they can get from around the world. The current issue is that the marketing growth slowed down and now they think that winning titles will not net them marketing deals to justify getting fully behind the club spending needs to keep winning those titles and that bring us to the current day Manchester United strategy.

Dark Rider

Telefoot (French TV broadcaster) found no video to support Neymar's accusations of racism against Àlvaro Gonzalez. All video and audio sent to OM, PSG and LFP

This is going to be a mess and will add more bad blood between these two clubs.

Telefoot (French TV broadcaster) found no video to support Neymar's accusations of racism against Àlvaro Gonzalez. All video and audio sent to OM, PSG and LFP

This is going to be a mess and will add more bad blood between these two clubs.

I stand by what I said. If he didn't say that thing then Neymar needs to be suspended.

Dark Rider

I stand by what I said. If he didn't say that thing then Neymar needs to be suspended.

The problem is you don't really know for sure one way or another and that is a huge problem for the officials that need to decide on this. In the end if there is no evidence against Àlvaro Gonzalez then he is free to go but what to do with Neymar? he can get punishment for how he acted on the pitch (and Di Maria) and the board rule they don't know who is lying. The fans will fight for it though.

tryDEATH

OMG Spurs might sign both Bale and Reguilon I am gonna cry a little. After that horrible game vs. Everton it looked like it was going to be an extremely painful season. With these two and a ST we might not end up 10th, but actually compete for Top 4 and a trophy even, imagine that a trophy at Tottenham.

Dark Rider

OMG Spurs might sign both Bale and Reguilon I am gonna cry a little. After that horrible game vs. Everton it looked like it was going to be an extremely painful season. With these two and a ST we might not end up 10th, but actually compete for Top 4 and a trophy even, imagine that a trophy at Tottenham.

Both are also linked to Manchester United, I understand why you may think Bale will choose Spurs but why do you think you will get both?

tryDEATH

Both are also linked to Manchester United, I understand why you may think Bale will choose Spurs but why do you think you will get both?

Bale's agent confirmed he wanst Spurs and United doesn't want to agree to a buy-back for Reguilon something Spurs is alright with.

Looks like we are buying Reguilon for £27Mil with a buy back clause around £37Mil+ for Real Madrid, it is a similar deal to Morata who went to Juve for 20Mil with a 30Mil buy back clause that Real Madrid activated.

It isn't ideal, but its certainly better than what we have now since we are getting ride of Rose, with Davies as the only senior LB. If Reguilon works out we end up profiting £10Mil if Real Madrid buys him back, which is a good budget to get another LB. I see it as a Win-Win situation for us.

Dark Rider

Bale's agent confirmed he wanst Spurs and United doesn't want to agree to a buy-back for Reguilon something Spurs is alright with.

Looks like we are buying Reguilon for £27Mil with a buy back clause around £37Mil+ for Real Madrid, it is a similar deal to Morata who went to Juve for 20Mil with a 30Mil buy back clause that Real Madrid activated.

It isn't ideal, but its certainly better than what we have now since we are getting ride of Rose, with Davies as the only senior LB. If Reguilon works out we end up profiting £10Mil if Real Madrid buys him back, which is a good budget to get another LB. I see it as a Win-Win situation for us.

You are right on all accounts but my skepticism come from Spurs financial situation after COVID19 but thinking about it now I guess it all depend on Bale wadges :pie_thinking:

tryDEATH

You are right on all accounts but my skepticism come from Spurs financial situation after COVID19 but thinking about it now I guess it all depend on Bale wadges :pie_thinking:

Yeah the wages are the most important part and considering Real Madrid want rid at all cost they will bite the bullet at paying around 50% of his wages leaving is with around £250K to £300K to pay, which is a lot but we have plenty of room to maneuver as we are one of the teams with the best Salary-to-Income margins not only in the EPL, but world football period.

Dark Rider

Yeah the wages are the most important part and considering Real Madrid want rid at all cost they will bite the bullet at paying around 50% of his wages leaving is with around £250K to £300K to pay, which is a lot but we have plenty of room to maneuver as we are one of the teams with the best Salary-to-Income margins not only in the EPL, but world football period.

Bale won't do spurs a favor and lower his wages? considering all the history between Bale and Spurs :pie_thinking:

tryDEATH

Bale won't do spurs a favor and lower his wages? considering all the history between Bale and Spurs :pie_thinking:

Well Real Madrid pays him like 600K a week under his current contract and they will take on 50%+- of that, the rest we will have to cover or come to some sort of agreement with him. A lot of money involved here then there is also the agent who won't see much from a loan, but will from a transfer, so that is another potential kink in the deal where the Agent needs to be satisfied.

Dark Rider

Well Real Madrid pays him like 600K a week under his current contract and they will take on 50%+- of that, the rest we will have to cover or come to some sort of agreement with him. A lot of money involved here then there is also the agent who won't see much from a loan, but will from a transfer, so that is another potential kink in the deal where the Agent needs to be satisfied.

Bale could lower his wages to solve all those problems, of all clubs he should be fine doing it for Spurs where he became a star.

Dark Rider

Bale should show up to his first press conference with Spurs, only speak Spanish and insist he cannot speak English

His Spanish is very basic at best so he will look like an idiot attempting that and the joke will fall flat, unless his joke is how bad he was learning the language after all those years.

DKehoe

His Spanish is very basic at best so he will look like an idiot attempting that and the joke will fall flat, unless his joke is how bad he was learning the language after all those years.

I was just joking because his Spanish was known to be bad. I'm not seriously suggesting he do that.

Dark Rider

Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder : "When we landed in the Premier League, Eden Hazard was going to Real Madrid and I said I'd give him a lift to the airport. I hope Gareth stays in Madrid....great golf courses there, don't make it harder for us!"

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dark Rider

LFP decision PSG/OM : Layvin Kurzawa banned for 6 matches, Jordan Amavi for 3 matches, Neymar for 2 (+ 1 with a suspended sentence), Leandro Paredes (2 (+ 1 with a suspended sentence), Dario Benedetto for 1 match. Alvaro Gonzales, opening of an investigation.

Lionel Richie Lionel Richie

LFP decision PSG/OM : Layvin Kurzawa banned for 6 matches, Jordan Amavi for 3 matches, Neymar for 2 (+ 1 with a suspended sentence), Leandro Paredes (2 (+ 1 with a suspended sentence), Dario Benedetto for 1 match. Alvaro Gonzales, opening of an investigation.

Lionel Richie Lionel Richie

Let the sweeping under the rug commence!

Prison Mike

Banned
Dominic King: Tottenham have completed the loan signing of Gareth Bale. Spurs have agreed a deal to pay Gareth Bale £13M-per-year and Real Madrid will help subside his wages.

:pie_thinking:
Not complete yet he doesnt fly out to spurs until tomorrow i believe

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Pep Guardiola just commented: “I wasn’t trying to sign him at Man City because we have enough players in this position. I am happy that Thiago comes to England because you’ll enjoy a really good player”.

Thiago announces departure from Bayern

OFFICIAL: Liverpool FC complete signing of Thiago Alcantara

Fucking finally Dark Rider Dark Rider ! I absolutely LOVE Thiago as a player and he should fit right in. I was afraid FSG would cheap this one out, but they came in and delivered in the clutch. Jota also looking like it could happen, great player as well.

Now we need VVD and Joe to not suck and we're GOLDEN BABY!

Edit: Oh and I have a bullshit sounding story with Thiago that is totally true and I only learned about after the UCL Final. He played briefly with the Zico football academy in the mid 90's, right around the time when I also did. He's one year younger than me so there's a decent CHANCE I FUCKING PLAYED NEXT TO HIM. Too bad I sucked ass at football. I was a good tennis player though!

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Fucking finally Dark Rider Dark Rider ! I absolutely LOVE Thiago as a player and he should fit right in. I was afraid FSG would cheap this one out, but they came in and delivered in the clutch. Jota also looking like it could happen, great player as well.

Now we need VVD and Joe to not suck and we're GOLDEN BABY!

Edit: Oh and I have a bullshit sounding story with Thiago that is totally true and I only learned about after the UCL Final. He played briefly with the Zico football academy in the mid 90's, right around the time when I also did. He's one year younger than me so there's a decent CHANCE I FUCKING PLAYED NEXT TO HIM. Too bad I sucked ass at football. I was a good tennis player though!

Yes that one dragged a bit and I was just waiting for the conclusion to post about it, congratulations on your new player/s. And VVD need to up his game and stay consistent if he want to be remembered.
We are not signing anyone sadly :messenger_pensive:

So you are saying you're the next Nadal? :pie_thinking:

DKehoe

Lol Sky Sports not wanting to get sued for defamation and apologising for Evra saying Zaha fucked Moyes’ daughter.

But yeh, bad performance from United.

Dark Rider

Haha United

Finally getting burned by the VAR

They changed how to handle VAR in the BPL this season right?

Lol Sky Sports not wanting to get sued for defamation and apologising for Evra saying Zaha fucked Moyes’ daughter.

But yeh, bad performance from United.

Why Evra went there? :pie_thinking:

And Manchester United will be under pressure this season more than last season so losing this one is going to get a huge negative response from the fans.

DKehoe

And Manchester United will be under pressure this season more than last season so losing this one is going to get a huge negative response from the fans.

There was a rumour going around that during their time at United Zaha slept with Moyes’ daughter and that’s why he fell out of favour with Moyes and didn’t get much playing time. Evra talked about it in the pre match analysis. Zaha has previously denied it and insists he’s never met her. Sky Sports then clarified that on air post match.

Dark Rider

There was a rumour going around that during their time at United Zaha slept with Moyes’ daughter and that’s why he fell out of favour with Moyes and didn’t get much playing time. Evra talked about it in the pre match analysis. Zaha has previously denied it and insists he’s never met her. Sky Sports then clarified that on air post match.

Yes I know about that rumour, what I meant to ask was Evra surly knew sky sports rules so he should know this would happen.

Jose92

[Membe
They changed how to handle VAR in the BPL this season right?

Yea they changed it a bit, now video refs can advice the field ref to have another look on the small screen.

Some of the changes listed in the following website
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta... will be stricter in,be ordered to be retaken.

Top Bottom