• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

tryDEATH

I am both in disbelief and relief that we signed Bale and Reguilon. That delayed announcement had me worried for a bit after the whole Dybala fiasco from last year and the nightmare flashbacks of Willian.

Can't wait to see Bale, Son and Kane starting, that is a filthy front three that can rival any front three in world football. So freaking excited for the season after that absolute wreck of a season opener vs Everton.

Plus we are going after a back up striker, center midfielder and even a center back as well. So it seems we are far from done strengthening the squad.

Also the EPL looks like its is going to be a bonkers season, becoming even more competitive with a extra dose of upsets.

Dark Rider

I am both in disbelief and relief that we signed Bale and Reguilon. That delayed announcement had me worried for a bit after the whole Dybala fiasco from last year and the nightmare flashbacks of Willian.

Can't wait to see Bale, Son and Kane starting, that is a filthy front three that can rival any front three in world football. So freaking excited for the season after that absolute wreck of a season opener vs Everton.

Plus we are going after a back up striker, center midfielder and even a center back as well. So it seems we are far from done strengthening the squad.

Also the EPL looks like its is going to be a bonkers season, becoming even more competitive with a extra dose of upsets.

I'm very interested to see how both play there. Of course I care more Reguilon performance :messenger_beaming:

It’s gonna be a long season 😨

Too early to judge.

Dark Rider

As a Madrid fan, what’s your thoughts on Reguilon?

He has potential to be a top player but he need to polish his skills and improve his performance to be able to secure a place at Real Madrid so his time with Spurs should be the time he achieve both of these things and to impress us. I hope he does rise up to the task.

Dark Rider

Torres, on Liverpool's exit: They stab me, they betray me. The sales of Masche, Rafa and Alonso weakened the team more and more. The sports director did not care if I left, he only talked about my departure, how much, where ... And in the press the next day that they were looking for a culprit"

Night.Ninja

Banned

What are you thinking 4-2-3-1 Bale behind Kane or 4-3-3 bale on the right?

Who would have in midfield?

tryDEATH

I'm very interested to see how both play there. Of course I care more Reguilon performance :messenger_beaming:
Can't wait to see him play, we haven't had an attacking left back in ages ever since Rose feel oof.

What are you thinking 4-2-3-1 Bale behind Kane or 4-3-3 bale on the right?

Who would have in midfield?

Idealy I would want a some sort of 433 with Lo Celso, Hojbjerg, and Ndombele in the middle and Bale, Kane, and Son up top. I would also like to see Kane play a false 9 with Son and Bale as wing forwards similarly to how Kane played today dropping deeper and playing balls in behind with the insane speed both Bale and Son posses, could make for an deadly counter attacking set up.

But today's game was ridiculous Kane with 4 assists and a goal and Son with 4 goals, what a turn around in the second half. I actually want to see some heading stats for the first half as there where so many stoppages and delays it with no rhythm to the game. We really needed this sort of game to lift the squad, Bale lifted the atmosphere around the last day or two but these sort of performances are gam changers when it comes to the players actual confidence.

Last edited:
Man I'm so happy to see Everton looking like they've finally got some teeth rather than being a perennial mid to upper-mid table team. It's a long season, but it's been a pretty long time since they looked like they had the potential to be dangerous.

Dark Rider

Man I'm so happy to see Everton looking like they've finally got some teeth rather than being a perennial mid to upper-mid table team. It's a long season, but it's been a pretty long time since they looked like they had the potential to be dangerous.

Do you expect top 6?

tryDEATH

Me too, I have a soft spot for Everton. I hope their performance and win vs Spurs will give them more confidence vs. Top 6 opposition something they have lacked for so long now.

Dark Rider

We start with a draw :messenger_pensive:

I don't think it's unreasonable. They've got the horses imo. Of course, there are many moving parts with injuries and overall chemistry, but I think they should have that as a realistic goal.

I agree, do you think James will make an impact? he has his favorite manager there so he has no excuse.

I agree, do you think James will make an impact? he has his favorite manager there so he has no excuse.

I think he's already making an impact and expect he will continue to do so - health allowing, of course.

Sure would be nice to have stadiums full of fans. As much as I love the sport (and others), it's really lacking the atmosphere that makes it special. Hopefully it won't take too long until we're past this.

Dark Rider

I think he's already making an impact and expect he will continue to do so - health allowing, of course.

Sure would be nice to have stadiums full of fans. As much as I love the sport (and others), it's really lacking the atmosphere that makes it special. Hopefully it won't take too long until we're past this.

There is a race for a vaccine/cure and once that is done the fans can return in full force, I hope it doesn't take long and forever alter the game.

Dark Rider

Toni Kroos: "When Ramos has an opinion, he uses it in the full interest of the team, without buckling. And that was a different level than what I've seen so far. That's why he's an absolute top captain for me. When it comes to captains, I haven't seen anyone better."

:messenger_beaming:

Dark Rider

Romero: Barça are in the hands of Jorge Mendes to activate the transfer market. He would take Semedo, represented by him, to the Wolves where he is part of the entity. Chinese owner Guo Guangchang of the Wolves owns 20% of Mendes' company.

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Fabrizio Romano: Juventus are now in talks with Atlético Madrid to sign Álvaro Morata! €10m loan + €45m buy option offered to Atlético. Atléti are now seriously considering to sell Morata because Luis Suarez is close to be the new striker. He’s ready to leave FCB as a free agent

[Official Juve Twitter] Hi, Alvaro Morata!

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Sky TG24: Luis Suarez's Italian citizenship was obtained through a scam. An investigation done by Guardia di Finanza revealed that the arguments of the Italian language test held by the Uruguayan striker had been agreed upon earlier and the scores awarded before

:messenger_astonished:

Dark Rider

The Sports Judge awarded the 3-0 victory to Hellas Verona for the match against Roma that finished 0-0. The Giallorossi were penalized for the error in compiling the list of 25 players, in which Diawara had been included as under 22 despite having already turned 23 years old.

Pantaleo Longo (Roma) who is responsible for not putting Diawara in the proper category resulting in a 3-0 loss again Hellas Verona, will join Hella Verona..

Last edited:
A bit late, but:

"Everything went through the 29-year-old, he was head of quality control – so much so that he set a new record for the most successful passes in a 45 minute or less performance since records began in the Premier League in 2003, with 75.

He was surpassed by no other player on the field from either team across the entire 90 minutes, with Naby Keita (49) the closest for the Reds and Mateo Kovacic (64) for Chelsea. "

Thiago is such a fucking great player, he really commands the team to the point he almost feels like a QB from the other football lol.

Dark Rider

A bit late, but:

"Everything went through the 29-year-old, he was head of quality control – so much so that he set a new record for the most successful passes in a 45 minute or less performance since records began in the Premier League in 2003, with 75.

He was surpassed by no other player on the field from either team across the entire 90 minutes, with Naby Keita (49) the closest for the Reds and Mateo Kovacic (64) for Chelsea. "

Thiago is such a fucking great player, he really commands the team to the point he almost feels like a QB from the other football lol.

To be honest my real questions are why did he want to leave Bayern? and why did Bayern ultimately let him leave?
Also why there wasn't a bigger fight to sign him from other clubs?

:pie_thinking:

DKehoe

Sky TG24: Luis Suarez's Italian citizenship was obtained through a scam. An investigation done by Guardia di Finanza revealed that the arguments of the Italian language test held by the Uruguayan striker had been agreed upon earlier and the scores awarded before

:messenger_astonished:

Shocked to hear Luis Suarez would do something ethically dubious.

A bit late, but:

Thiago is such a great get for Liverpool. Fantastic player and at such a bargain price too.

Dark Rider

Shocked to hear Luis Suarez would do something ethically dubious.

Imagine if he did his next PR appearance in Italian

Id score more goals lol

But would you fetch the same transfer fees total? :pie_thinking:

Because everyone knew he wanted to play for Klopp. That's my guess at least.

Too convenient, sound like those statements that players use whenever they change clubs "always wanted to play for XXXXX since I was in the womb" and club badge kisses on the first day.

Top Bottom