• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2022/2023 |OT| Pitch side seats in every stadium, rise your banners.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Can we talk about the England team selection?

Coady getting picked not based on his form, but because he has a massive influence in the dressing room? WTF? His form has been poor this season, yet he gets picked for being a hype man? Tamori wins the league with AC Milan, but doesn't get picked because of two bad games against Chelsea.

How did Philips get into the squad? He's hardly had any game time with Man City this season. JWP should have gone. I know JWP isn't a DM, but maybe Southgate should stop playing two DMs in the first place!

We'll be lucky to get out of the groups.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I hate to sound negative but I'm watching the #1 vs the #3 women's teams play and they suck. It's like watching things in slow motion. Even by the standards of what I see, they miss passes, clear super easy opportunities, and when the announcer says "they're flying", it looks like a damn jog.

DKehoe

It's kind of amazing how poorly he's handling this. This could have been a really tricky situation for ten Hag to navigate and Ronaldo has basically made it as easy as possible for him. I doubt that interview is going to make him more appealing to other clubs because they'll now think he may do the same to them if he doesn't get his way. Wonder where he ends up. He's going to need a great World Cup performance.

Damn i'm actually glad he left Real Madrid. He'd destroy atmosphere. And to think he even can't congratulate Benzema on winning ballon D'or. Shameful from him. Always rated him higher than messi but it's a disgrace how he's handling this whole situation and carrer's end...

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
I can make a thread but it won't be spectacular.
Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

Banjo64

cumsessed
Liverpool fans throwing cups of piss and cups filled with coins at teenage girls - they should face a fan banning order, instead the UK media are scousewashing it as usual.

Labadal

Good first half versus Villa, but the second half was really scary. I'm happy that a youngster got a goal.

Unrelated, but Gakpo to Liverpool seems to be confirmed.

anthony2690

Banned
Watching Leicester get smashed by everyone, including Nottingham forest is just depressing at this point. 😔

Literally the Maegan Hall off the premier League at this point, everyone has smashed us.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Outgoings are always lead by the players - if he wants to go let him go, cant deny that I'm shocked and sad to lose, IMO, the best all round full back in the world.
Yeh I knew he had fallen out of favour a bit recently but he's so good and seems to work so well within Pep's system that I figured he would eventually play his way back into being an important first team player. What's been the issue wth him recently anyway? I know there's been rumours of him falling out with Pep and that Pep has said he has loved how Ake has been playing recently but I'd agree about Cancelo being the best all around fullback in the world so it's a surprise to see this.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yeh I knew he had fallen out of favour a bit recently but he's so good and seems to work so well within Pep's system that I figured he would eventually play his way back into being an important first team player. What's been the issue wth him recently anyway? I know there's been rumours of him falling out with Pep and that Pep has said he has loved how Ake has been playing recently but I'd agree about Cancelo being the best all around fullback in the world so it's a surprise to see this.
It's all just speculation but based on past departures I'd say that it could be because of his mentality when he's rotated. Pep (and Arteta at Arsenal) want dropped players to prove their worth in training, if you choose to sulk about it you're out of the door.

It's just life. I wish him well at Bayern.

As for us; Ake can play the defensive left back role very well, which allows Rico to join the midfield from right back. It's an alternate version of Walker/Cancelo.

Shame that Liverpool isn’t playing tomorrow. Would have loved to watch that at a pub before HSV-Heidenheim in the evening.
Oh well anyway, we need more football fans in here haha

This was from the West Ham vs Chelsea game today.

The look on the lads face when he insults the old man. He thinks he's come up with the funniest one liner in history. Little did he know, Ben from East Enders was lying in wait.

Just saw that PSG-Bayern is on prime in Germany. Fucking nice as I don’t have to go to a pub to watch it then.
I hate both teams but I am hoping for an extremely entertaining match.

Lineker tweeted this on Tuesday:

He's been told he has broken BBC's impartiality rules and has been taken off air. Ian Wright and Alan Shearer have stood down due to solidarity.

Update:

Last edited:
Top Bottom