• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2022/2023 |OT| Pitch side seats in every stadium, rise your banners.

DKehoe

Ah well, actually turned out to be a decent game. Could have been worse, could have lost it to Liverpool.

FxthzBvWIAAUCJX

Barcelona Femeni just won their second CL

DKehoe

Demented take :messenger_ok:

No need to be bitter. Outclassed in every department from top to bottom more like.

There should have been a bunch of yellows, on both sides, throughout the game. Wan-Bissaka getting the first one of the game for his challenge was pretty ridiculous considering some of the ones before that.

Was a hard hitting back and forth game. I think City were the better team but I wouldn’t say United were outclassed. Feel like it shows United have grown as a team but there’s still areas to improve on.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Nice to see Levy lying in that bed of his own making.
Eh, Postecoglou has done good work in his previous clubs. He's got a big job on his hands but this is maybe a better idea than just grabbing whatever big name is available.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Eh, Postecoglou has done good work in his previous clubs. He's got a big job on his hands but this is maybe a better idea than just grabbing whatever big name is available.
No offence to the guy at all, but he clearly wasn’t top of their list hence why they’ve been rejected by about 5 other managers. It’s just nice to see Spur’s suffer.

DKehoe

No offence to the guy at all, but he clearly wasn’t top of their list hence why they’ve been rejected by about 5 other managers. It’s just nice to see Spur’s suffer.
I assume Nagelsmann was their top choice, maybe they tried Poch again. Who else was out there that they could have gotten? Maybe Luciano Spalletti or Luis Enrique?

Spurs are in a tough position right now. They went from being in and around the Champions League spots for a few years but it seems like those will be hard to get now. City are obviously in a good position, Arsenal, United and Newcastle all seem to be on an upswing, you would assume at some point things would start to click for Chelsea (lol) and Liverpool seem to be making moves to upgrade as well. Kane may also leave this summer as well. So you're talking about maybe 7th? Bringing in someone who can build something seems like a better move than a big name looking for results now, like Mourinho and Conte.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I assume Nagelsmann was their top choice, maybe they tried Poch again. Who else was out there that they could have gotten? Maybe Luciano Spalletti or Luis Enrique?
They tried to get Kompany, Oliver Glasner, Nagelsmann and Arne Slot.

Spurs are in a tough position right now. They went from being in and around the Champions League spots for a few years but it seems like those will be hard to get now. City are obviously in a good position, Arsenal, United and Newcastle all seem to be on an upswing, you would assume at some point things would start to click for Chelsea (lol) and Liverpool seem to be making moves to upgrade as well. Kane may also leave this summer as well. So you're talking about maybe 7th? Bringing in someone who can build something seems like a better move than a big name looking for results now, like Mourinho and Conte.
I hope they go down because Levy is a horrible cunt (y)

Banjo64

cumsessed
I'm curious to see how Kompany does in the Premier League. He did a great job with Burnley. I'm guessing you are hoping he could be a potential Pep successor in the future?
Not bothered either way. Only want the best manager available to take over from Pep. Don’t want to end up like united appointing people like Solskjaer, Carrick or Fletcher just because they used to play for the club or having ferguson lurking over every managers’ shoulder. Don’t want to end up like Bayern with their circus of ex legends gobbing off non-stop.

If Kompany is the best attacking coach behind Pep when Pep goes then sound, sign him up.

near

Gold Member
He wasn't our first choice, but I think he fits a profile that suits us moving forward. He reminds me of Pochettino in how he conducts himself, he's belief in certain principles, developing players and defying odds. Poch made a name for himself through Spurs, prior to that he was just a manager who commissioned good football at Southampton. Ange Postecoglou arrives at our club within conditions that enable him to build without fear, I'm sure we cannot fail harder than we already have. I'm glad he wanted to join us.

nani17

are in a big trouble
you crying like a baby - can you even detail any of the charges? the last one couldn't, but i'll wait while you google it.
don't have an immature response. It's clear they have been involved in something especially "cooked books". No one in there right mind would say 115 wouldn't out some sort of evidence but unfortunately it will take up to 4 years or more for this to be sorted. I'm a football fan first and a Manchester united supporter second and without a doubt money like City's is destroying the game.

Teams like Newcastle being owned by the Saudi Prince and then a BS workaround called a Consortium it's clearly owned by the Saudi prince even my club could potentially be owned by A a bank or B a member of the Qatari royal family. That have terrible human rights. One will continue to drain money and the other will

Sure when you're on the winning side everything is so great. it's amazing but for the smaller clubs they will never ever be able to compete never because there are money that's been absolutely drowned into the sport. At one stage teams like Blackburn were able to win the league not because they were pumping it full of money to just had a good team had a good team.

Banjo64

cumsessed
don't have an immature response. It's clear they have been involved in something especially "cooked books".
Ah ok, so your knowledge is ‘trust me bro’.

No one in there right mind would say 115 wouldn't out some sort of evidence but unfortunately
Really? This entire case is based on the same 'evidence' that CAS tore to shreds.

it will take up to 4 years or more for this to be sorted. I'm a football fan first and a Manchester united supporter second and without a doubt money like City's is destroying the game.
I don't doubt that for a united fan, seeing City dominate has ruined the game.

Teams like Newcastle being owned by the Saudi Prince and then a BS workaround called a Consortium it's clearly owned by the Saudi prince even my club could potentially be owned by A a bank or B a member of the Qatari royal family. That have terrible human rights. One will continue to drain money and the other will
:messenger_tears_of_joy: does your love of human rights extend to anything beyond football? have you made any changes in your consumer habits?

Sure when you're on the winning side everything is so great. it's amazing but for the smaller clubs they will never ever be able to compete never because there are money that's been absolutely drowned into the sport. At one stage teams like Blackburn were able to win the league not because they were pumping it full of money to just had a good team had a good team.
No smaller club could ever compete with United/Arsenal or Liverpool without a capital injection. But of course, that's what those clubs and their fans want. Blackburn literally did buy their league title.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Ah ok, so your knowledge is ‘trust me bro’.

Really? This entire case is based on the same 'evidence' that CAS tore to shreds.

I don't doubt that for a united fan, seeing City dominate has ruined the game.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: does your love of human rights extend to anything beyond football? have you made any changes in your consumer habits?

No smaller club could ever compete with United/Arsenal or Liverpool without a capital injection. But of course, that's what those clubs and their fans want. Blackburn literally did buy their league title.
What lol its about the money. Without it no city no Chelsea no Newcastle like now. You think city fans will be happy if Qatar own United and throw money at them like city. They don't want Qatar at all for that vey reason.

capital injection oh right is that what its called.

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Banjo64

cumsessed
What lol its about the money. Without it no city no Chelsea no Newcastle like now.
Oh no, imagine that. I'd be much happier if it was still just united/arsenal and liverpool hoovering up everyone's best players and hoarding all the trophies.

You think city fans will be happy if Qatar own United and throw money at them like city. They don't want Qatar at all for that vey reason.
I literally could not care less if united get took over by a Qatari.

capital injection oh right is that what its called.

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
Yes, investing money in a business is called capital injection, what do you call it in lala land?

Just spewing some propaganda since Im hella bored.... In Ange we trust!!! Good attacking football champions league and trophies coming to the Lane... Don't say you were not warned...

I'm falling apart Football GAF; my life has reached its lowest point.
My favorite player in the world is the Arsenal captain... when that registered in my brain, I froze; I could not live with myself no more... Thought I need to end it all right there, not deserving of another second on earth(not serious btw).

Ange ball will fail, Spurs will be fighting relegation... Anyway hope I'm wrong...

This moment of clarity helps me stop the rot in my soul that led me to fawn over anything Woolwich and switch my undying love to Madders our savior and he who has returned as Champion of Italy!! Tanguy Ndombele!!

Last edited:

tryDEATH

I'm falling apart Football GAF; my life has reached its lowest point.
My favorite player in the world is the Arsenal captain... when that registered in my brain, I froze; I could not live with myself no more... Thought I need to end it all right there, not deserving of another second on earth(not serious btw).

Ange ball will fail, Spurs will be fighting relegation... Anyway hope I'm wrong...

This moment of clarity helps me stop the rot in my soul that led me to fawn over anything Woolwich and switch my undying love to Madders our savior and he who has returned as Champion of Italy!! Tanguy Ndombele!!
I am not convinced by Ange. He has the charisma, but I don't have faith he'll be able to turn us around.

We got Vicario who is a unknown quantity in the EPL, Maddison is good, Solomon is just bad even if he's on free would have prefered Lucas over him, but then Micky, Tosin, and Ikatura just seem like gambles. Obviously Tapsoba would be the idea get, but we have been negotiating with him for ages now and leave the UK in 3 days, which very likely means he will miss an important part of the pre-season. Then there is the deadwood we haven't sold.

Top Bottom