• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2022/2023 |OT| Pitch side seats in every stadium, rise your banners.

Dark Rider

UEFA Champions League 2021/2022 Champions: Real Madrid
K8MQxEH.jpg

UEFA Europa League 2021/2022 Champions: Eintracht Frankfurt
zaUdibP.jpg

UEFA Europa Conference League 2021/2022 Champions: A.S. Roma
zyFsQ5F.jpg

La Liga 2021/2022 Champions: Real Madrid
B0WMC6C.jpg

Premier League 2021/2022 Champions: Manchester City
RrcL240.jpg

Bundesliga 2021/2022 Champions: Bayern München
R6NPjIn.jpg

Serie A 2021/2022 Champions: AC Milan
5Wf3cgd.jpg

Ligue 1 2021/2022 Champions: Paris Saint-Germain
S3G70zT.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find a picture of PSG lefting the trophy, I think because of copy rights.

Welcome to the Football thread everyone :messenger_beaming:

Previous thread:

P.S. if anyone have a better thread title please post your suggestion, if the other members like it I can ask the mods to change the thread title.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Riqui Puig: “Ferrán Torres? Guardiola didn’t even want him. He played 12 games last year.”

Prison Mike

Banned
Lol curcurella fullfilled his Dream to sign for Chelsea week after he put in transfer request to play for us...... Lol 60 million Wtf.

DKehoe

Lol curcurella fullfilled his Dream to sign for Chelsea week after he put in transfer request to play for us...... Lol 60 million Wtf.

60 million for a player who had one decent season with Brighton is mad

But hey, the Chelsea fans seem to be thrilled about it (get ready to fucking cringe)

Last edited:

DKehoe

One assist lol fuck that
A few years ago people thought paying £50 million for a fullback was mad. But that got you Kyle Walker. Now £60 million gets you "he seems like he could be good"

Not a knock against Cucurella, as always with these things the transfer fee isn't up to the player and maybe he will be really good. But the money that's getting thrown around is ridiculous.

Spurs looking good yesterday. Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea not looking sharp at all. Let’s see how City does tonight with Timo Haaland in action.

mekes

United all pre-season have been trying playing the ETH way. Not a great pre-season but decent enough. First game of the season and it's straight back to OleBall.

Our players have some serious issues. I hope ETH has the balls to make some big calls this season.

DKehoe

They were both shsmeful displays. Wonder who will fuck up the most the 22nd.
Weird thing about the derby is it seems like sometimes form doesn't really matter. In recent years when Liverpool have clearly been the better team United have managed to pull a couple results out of the bag. And when United were clearly the better team overall Liverpool managed to do the same. That being said I fully expect United to shit the bed.

Labadal

Weird thing about the derby is it seems like sometimes form doesn't really matter. In recent years when Liverpool have clearly been the better team United have managed to pull a couple results out of the bag. And when United were clearly the better team overall Liverpool managed to do the same. That being said I fully expect United to shit the bed.
You're right. It can go either way. Van Dijk need to man up from that Fulham performance, and I hope Darwin keeps on producing goals.

I also feel like there is a need to bring in a new midfielder.

I compare the midfields of City and Liverpool, and I can just laugh.

Even their reserves would take a place.

Henderson and Milner have the heart, but their legs aren't what they used to be. Thiago and Keita are more fragile than Pringle's chips.

I was hoping to see Klopp going for a 4-2-3-1 this season.

Well, one thing at a time. First, we need to beat CP, then I will get nervous about the United game.

Labadal

Nervous about the United game?! Did you see us play the past year and yesterday? That midfield is terrible and the defense and wingers aren’t much better.
I know, but I also watched Saturday's game, where we made Fulham look like they were a top European team.

United all pre-season have been trying playing the ETH way. Not a great pre-season but decent enough. First game of the season and it's straight back to OleBall.

Our players have some serious issues. I hope ETH has the balls to make some big calls this season.
We can’t write off this season - the decisions have to be made now for the next game. Drop Maguire, Shaw, Rashford, Fred, McTominay and Bruno.

JLB

Banned
What a joke is the United. They should urgently fire the coach and this time, for real, hire someone with experience leading big teams. Unbelievable that they keep trying with noobies like Solksjiear, th guy after him and now this eth.

Labadal

Ragnick knew all the right things. Top brass didn't give a shit about what he said. When he said that they need 10 new players, he wasn't stupid.

I don't blame the managers. Mourinho said the same things about Rashord and Martial, for example.

I'm saying this as a Liverpool fan.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Chelsea are looking pretty good today, not amazing, should have had at least a couple of goals, but pretty damn good in comparison to last weekend at Everton and their abysmal pre-season.

JLB

Banned
Chelsea are looking pretty good today, not amazing, should have had at least a couple of goals, but pretty damn good in comparison to last weekend at Everton and their abysmal pre-season.

Tuchel is a jerk but a great coach for sure. Chelsea is IMO one of best teams in the world.

Banjo64

cumsessed
So who do you guys think would win in a fight, Conte or Tuchel?
Tuchel for sure. Was a really top move to trap Conte’s hand as Conte tried his pussy handshake.

Also, Nunez :messenger_tears_of_joy: absolute mentality midget is going to be terrorised by the players in this league.

JLB

Banned
El rey ha muerto. ¡Larga vida al rey!

What a match today, Tchuameni. Best replacement for Casemito. What a smart movement from Madrid, yet again.

Top Bottom