• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Soo remember I wanted Barça to get a thrashing so we could see some boat rocking?

"Messi tells Barcelona he wants to leave immediately"

giphy.gif

DKehoe

He always talked about wanting to finish his career in Argentina. He should go do that now while he’s still good rather than totally broken down.

who wants an expensive 33 years old?

messi is fucked.

Problem with Messi is that football is moving away from players who don't defend at all. You saw that in the last UCL Final, whenever the PSG offensive trio stopped pressuring Bayern they were able to do what they wanted. When they didn't run back to defense to guard anyone, Bayern would just rotate the ball around like there was no tomorrow. Like pack the area all you want, I'll just pass it around, who's coming to steal it? Neymar is sitting on his ass 40 feet away. For PSG the damage wasn't too big, but stuff like this could lead to 8-2 blowouts.

I don't think Messi is fucked, he's one of the best to ever play it and some major team will want him. But football is being played almost like basketball, if you don't add any defensive value that detracts from your overall usefulness.

Barça have previously faced dark times under different boards, but if Messi ends up leaving that will be the biggest event in the clubs history. An exit of this magnitude will surely result in Barto’s head outside Camp Nou.

Jon Neu

Banned
Bartomeu last magic trick in finally succeding in destroying the club. Enjoy your vote.

Rosell & Bartomeu have single-handedly sacked Cruyff, Guardiola, Puyol & Messi from the club.

For not mentioning Suarez, Valdes, Xavi...

Problem with Messi is that football is moving away from players who don't defend at all. You saw that in the last UCL Final, whenever the PSG offensive trio stopped pressuring Bayern they were able to do what they wanted. When they didn't run back to defense to guard anyone, Bayern would just rotate the ball around like there was no tomorrow. Like pack the area all you want, I'll just pass it around, who's coming to steal it? Neymar is sitting on his ass 40 feet away. For PSG the damage wasn't too big, but stuff like this could lead to 8-2 blowouts.

I don't think Messi is fucked, he's one of the best to ever play it and some major team will want him. But football is being played almost like basketball, if you don't add any defensive value that detracts from your overall usefulness.

I think a team who has 10 players good on defense, can trade Messi's lack of defensive effort for his magic.

PSG lost the game because their midfield was non existent; everything was long balls trying to reach Neymar, Mbappe o Di Maria. With someone like Messi, you can have more the ball and actually do damage in the midfield part of the team.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Spotted the EPL peasant.
Are we really still doing "but can he do it on a cold, rainy night in Stoke? "

It's a bait.

Barça have previously faced dark times under different boards, but if Messi ends up leaving that will be the biggest event in the clubs history. An exit of this magnitude will surely result in Barto’s head outside Camp Nou.

Messi just whipping Barcelona fans into frenzy to get rid or the president and board now or else.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
Are we really still doing "but can he do it on a cold, rainy night in Stoke? "

Messi has survived Madrid's dirty tactics for more than a decade, but he somehow can't survive Stoke.

Remember how Ramos destroyed Liverpool in the Champions League final with just one foul? Messi has dealt with that multiple times every year.

But yeah, a rainy night in Stoke is too much.

Dark Rider

Messi has survived Madrid's dirty tactics for more than a decade, but he somehow can't survive Stoke.

Remember how Ramos destroyed Liverpool in the Champions League final with just one foul? Messi has dealt with that multiple times every year.

But yeah, a rainy night in Stoke is too much.

It is a bait don't fall for it.

Dark Rider

I stand by what I said.

Imagine believing stating facts is bait just because your fanboy feelings get triggered.

Is incredible how Madrid fans try so hard to not acknowledge their extreme dirty tactics when Messi was in his prime.

I was saying that saying Messi couldn't make it in stoke or whatever was a bait and you are falling for it.
I did not make any statements about your statements about Messi and Real Madrid because that is again giving the troll longdi longdi a success in trolling but you are already doing it, congratulations. I can see you already developing hate for me though.

Jon Neu

Banned
I was saying that saying Messi couldn't make it in stoke or whatever was a bait and you are falling for it.
I did not make any statements about your statements about Messi and Real Madrid because that is again giving the troll longdi longdi a success in trolling but you are already doing it, congratulations. I can see you already developing hate for me though.

Ok, my bad then.

Dark Rider

Ok, my bad then.

Good on you. And just for the record Messi would demolish stoke regularly if he played there.

it's a pipe dream but messi playing with ronaldo in the same team would be a sight a to be hold

EcB2vnlWkAEWzZq.jpg

Welcome to the Football thread :messenger_beaming:
who do you support?

What's the joke?

That Sevilla only care for the UEL and nothing else, that they go into a frenzy when they hear its anthem, that if it is not the UEL then it is not important to them.

Imagine believing stating facts is bait just because your fanboy feelings get triggered.

Is incredible how Madrid fans try so hard to not acknowledge their extreme dirty tactics when Messi was in his prime.
Dude, you are one of the funniest dudes on this forum with the jokes.

Very underrated comedian.

Reactions: MrS

DKehoe

This is especially worrying since he had previously been diagnosed with a heart condition.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

This is especially worrying since he had previously been diagnosed with a heart condition.

I hope he is fine and can be fully treated.
I hope he doesn't risk it if he is not fit to keep his career on the pitch there's plenty of things to d off the pitch too.

DKehoe

I hope he is fine and can be fully treated.
I hope he doesn't risk it if he is not fit to keep his career on the pitch there's plenty of things to d off the pitch too.

With him having grown up around Ajax for so much of his life and being smart and technical player you'd think he could be a great coach there. So if his playing career is done he still has prospects for ways to stay involved in the game.

Dark Rider

With him having grown up around Ajax for so much of his life and being smart and technical player you'd think he could be a great coach there. So if his playing career is done he still has prospects for ways to stay involved in the game.

A couch, a scout, part of the technical staff or part of the club management all can work fine and there's plenty of those positions.

Top Bottom