• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Prison Mike

Banned
Thanks man. It’s been nuts since SAF retired. Must have had over 10 false dawns since then, where you think things are trending upwards only to have the balloon burst. I don’t think Ole is the best manager we have had since SAF, but he is definitely the manager who acts in the best interests of the club.

I would love to challenge, it’s a big points gap to make up. I don’t think we will this coming season, but possibly the year after if we can make a good signing for the right side and some cover for defensive positions. I kinda feel we will be in the mix for part of the season, but then drop off. Players seem to get burnt out playing under Ole.
True I definitely think you are moving in the right direction

Tschumi

Some big assumptions coming up.. I've got a weird feeling about Liverpool this season.. ever since the season when they bought Sturridge i have consistently had a feeling that they were on an inexorable upward trend - despite results - which was never disappointed.. that gut feeling isn't really here this season.. it must be partially distorted by COVID-19, but the way they kind of capitulated on getting 100 points last season - almost as if they declined to chase the record on principle - and the fact that they've climbed all of their peaks suggests to me that they're not going to be quite as transcendent this season.

... But neither will Chelsea. I like lampard and all but, like Tottenham early last decade, or Newcastle and West ham again and again, i think their chemistry will be totally ruined by all the additions and lamps will be gone by Christmas.

notseqi

You mean the man who brought a shitty Argentina team to the world cup final? The one in which they only lost because Higuain, Palacios and the other one legged sorry excuses of footballers kept disparaging the goals Messi served them in a silver tray?
I don't follow Argentina, and his stats against german teams are dismal. Put it back in your pants.

DonJorginho

Banned
With Kai Havertz having signed his contract and completing his medical according to the ever reliable Fabrizio Romano, it is safe to say one of the most coveted young stars in Europe is heading to London to join the revolution currently ongoing with Chelsea FC.

As a Chelsea fan I cannot stress how good it feels to be back in the market and with a great deal of conviction, too many windows passed where we signed nothing but mediocrity, Morata, Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Kepa cost £204m. Compared to that horrific figure, truly world class players such as TImo Werner, Hakim Ziyech, Thiago Silva and Kai Havertz have only cost us £152m altogether.

My only concern is the lack of balance in the Chelsea midfield, Kepa still being our starting keeper and Lampard's lukewarm tactics/rotation.

If we can sign a keeper to challenge Kepa, which is looking the case with the club about to submit a second bid for Rennes keeper Edouard Mendy, and if Lampard can sort out his defensive structure which we look to be doing after the employment of highly rated coach Anthony Barry, I see no excuse why we can't challenge for the league and win a cup.

We already have some of the best players in the league and Europe in Mateo Kovacic and Christian Pulisic, so to be adding even more true world class players only makes me more confident in this team.

And despite all this spending we are still in the green in netspend! If we can bring in someone like Declan Rice ontop of a Keeper I have all the faith that we could actually win something big within 2 seasons.

Prison Mike

Banned
You've don
With Kai Havertz having signed his contract and completing his medical according to the ever reliable Fabrizio Romano, it is safe to say one of the most coveted young stars in Europe is heading to London to join the revolution currently ongoing with Chelsea FC.

As a Chelsea fan I cannot stress how good it feels to be back in the market and with a great deal of conviction, too many windows passed where we signed nothing but mediocrity, Morata, Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Kepa cost £204m. Compared to that horrific figure, truly world class players such as TImo Werner, Hakim Ziyech, Thiago Silva and Kai Havertz have only cost us £152m altogether.

My only concern is the lack of balance in the Chelsea midfield, Kepa still being our starting keeper and Lampard's lukewarm tactics/rotation.

If we can sign a keeper to challenge Kepa, which is looking the case with the club about to submit a second bid for Rennes keeper Edouard Mendy, and if Lampard can sort out his defensive structure which we look to be doing after the employment of highly rated coach Anthony Barry, I see no excuse why we can't challenge for the league and win a cup.

We already have some of the best players in the league and Europe in Mateo Kovacic and Christian Pulisic, so to be adding even more true world class players only makes me more confident in this team.

And despite all this spending we are still in the green in netspend! If we can bring in someone like Declan Rice ontop of a Keeper I have all the faith that we could actually win something big within 2 seasons.
You've done good business think this season will be too soon for title but definitely be up there mate

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
You've don

You've done good business think this season will be too soon for title but definitely be up there mate

Oh for sure by challenge I think a comfortable third spot without being 25+ points behind the leaders.

Only bad business we made in my eyes was Chilwell for £50m, which is too much for one of the worst performing LBs in England this season when Reguilon is available for just £25m.

What team you support?

Prison Mike

Banned
Oh for sure by challenge I think a comfortable third spot without being 25+ points behind the leaders.

Only bad business we made in my eyes was Chilwell for £50m, which is too much for one of the worst performing LBs in England this season when Reguilon is available for just £25m.

What team you support?
Im a city fan mate

Prison Mike

Banned
You must be chuffed with the links to Koulibaly and Messi. I already thought you did great business with Ferran Torres who for me is capable of being the best young winger ITW.
Torres looks quality and good price too I still don't think we will get messi but stranger things have happened

Dark Rider

Kicker: Eintracht Frankfurt Head Coach Adi Hütter extends his contract until 2023

Dark Rider

The Premier League confirms that it has today terminated its agreements for #PL coverage in China with its licensee in that territory.

Dark Rider

US Coach Berhalter: "Christian [Pulisic] is perfect for Chelsea. All dangerous offensive actions run through him. If he maintains this level, he can play for the biggest clubs in the world like Bayern, Barcelona or Real Madrid without any problems."

I'm not sure he know what he did there.

Dark Rider

Alexis Sánchez: “After the first training session I had (at Man United) I realized many things and when I got back home I told him to my agent if I could cancel the contract and go back to Arsenal.”

:messenger_fire::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Messi is a fucking bitch. He's in the right but he refuses to take the club to court even though they've fucked him over. Couldn't be me.

Dark Rider

Messi is a fucking bitch. He's in the right but he refuses to take the club to court even though they've fucked him over. Couldn't be me.

1) Unless you have the contract in your hand you cannot say for certain who would win in court.
2) Instead of going out this year for a high fee he can leave next year for free with better wadge offers AND better image in the eyes of the club fans.
3) My personal speculation: He was just trying to kick the club president out this year and failed but that is ok since this year is his last year as president anyway and the club members will elect someone else next year.

longdi

Banned
1) Unless you have the contract in your hand you cannot say for certain who would win in court.
2) Instead of going out this year for a high fee he can leave next year for free with better wadge offers AND better image in the eyes of the club fans.
3) My personal speculation: He was just trying to kick the club president out this year and failed but that is ok since this year is his last year as president anyway and the club members will elect someone else next year.

he is 34 next year. wasting 1 year in a shit team, i guess he wants his millions

loooser Messi is loser

Dark Rider

Honestly I don't think we will who knows if pep will even be there then plus year older I think for us the perfect storm has passed

I don't think he will leave, I didn't think he will leave this year either and it is all his way of kicking the club president out.
But gain I'll assume he will leave next year: again Manchester City will be ALL over him, think of the marketing money you will get that will help with your FFP standing also think of all the young players the club can herd to learn from Messi first hand.

longdi

Banned
another reason this is all a ploy by messi to cover up his failures/justification as the highest paid footballer in the world.

pushing the blame to the establishment, did the same with argentina 🤷‍♀️

Prison Mike

Banned
ry1RnDu.gif

Dark Rider

Messi interview with Goal

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Modric : "I said to Eden that maybe you need not to play now and recover because next season we need you at your best. This is a season where you're getting to know everything but next season you need to be 100 per cent because if not, it's going to be difficult'.

Yes he had his grace time and next season he must deliver, no excuses will be accepted.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
another reason this is all a ploy by messi to cover up his failures/justification as the highest paid footballer in the world.

pushing the blame to the establishment, did the same with argentina 🤷‍♀️

What the fuck do you know about Argentina? lol

As a Barcelona fan, it was obvious Messi wanted to leave at the end of this year, but at the same time, he wouldn't want to risk breaking up with the club in a traumatic manner. Bartomeu is a fucking idiot, he fucked the club. We could have sold Messi for >100M this year, and start with the rebuild, but Bartomeu acted like a clueless fan disregarding the future. It os possible that marketing deals depended on Messi staying at the club, and Bartomeu didn't want to assume that bomb right now, but even then that is only delaying the inevitable.

Anyway, we are not in terms to aspire to anything but competing for La Liga next year.

longdi

Banned
What the fuck do you know about Argentina? lol

As a Barcelona fan, it was obvious Messi wanted to leave at the end of this year, but at the same time, he wouldn't want to risk breaking up with the club in a traumatic manner. Bartomeu is a fucking idiot, he fucked the club. We could have sold Messi for >100M this year, and start with the rebuild, but Bartomeu acted like a clueless fan disregarding the future. It os possible that marketing deals depended on Messi staying at the club, and Bartomeu didn't want to assume that bomb right now, but even then that is only delaying the inevitable.

Anyway, we are not in terms to aspire to anything but competing for La Liga next year.

Barca has been shit since they let Thiago go for cheap. And then proceed to start buying million$ players starting with Suarez. Since then, none of their youth players made it. It is unthinkable RM has better youth setup today.

What has Messi done for the last few years? Using powerplay to increase his wages and deflect losses to the establishment.
The problem with having father as the agent, sneaky family they are, cheating taxes in a country paying his salary.

I should have guess this is another attempt! He needed to go up a notch, 8-2 as captain is a disgrace.
He has no intention of leaving. Barca he is king, at 33-34 he knows he cannot stand EPL power and strength. He becomes another guy in Mancity. He is not lion hearted like Ibra or Ronaldo when it comes to mentality.

Whatever results next season, Messi has already absolved himself. Always a sneaky softie! 👺

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Barca has been shit since they let Thiago go for cheap. And then proceed to start buying million$ players starting with Suarez. Since then, none of their youth players made it. It is unthinkable RM has better youth setup today.

What has Messi done for the last few years? Using powerplay to increase his wages and deflect losses to the establishment.
The problem with having father as the agent, sneaky family they are, cheating taxes in a country paying his salary.

I should have guess this is another attempt! He needed to go up a notch, 8-2 as captain is a disgrace.
He has no intention of leaving. Barca he is king, at 33-34 he knows he cannot stand EPL power and strength. He becomes another guy in Mancity. He is not lion hearted like Ibra or Ronaldo when it comes to mentality.

Whatever results next season, Messi has already absolved himself. Always a sneaky softie! 👺
Suarez won one Champions League with us and was a golden boot twice with us.

Barcelona has been mismanaged, but that isn’t Messi’s fault. Also, Messi has provided fans with amazing memories, having enjoyed him all these years has been a pleasure. After the departure of Neymar, Messi and Suarez and Ter Stegen carried the team. Also, before you criticize how much he makes, you should understand that Messi generates more money for the club than he gets. Most of our marketing deals are tied to Messi, like the PES one, and the FIFA deals before them.

You are just a troll who probably has suffered Messi too much and got excited he was leaving Barca. Go on with your life hating a football player that is a delight to watch.

PS: You didn’t even answer the question about Argentina. You need to get out of YouTube/Facebook or whatever else is feeding your brain all that baseless negativity.

longdi

Banned
Suarez won one Champions League with us and was a golden boot twice with us.

Barcelona has been mismanaged, but that isn’t Messi’s fault. Also, Messi has provided fans with amazing memories, having enjoyed him all these years has been a pleasure. After the departure of Neymar, Messi and Suarez and Ter Stegen carried the team. Also, before you criticize how much he makes, you should understand that Messi generates more money for the club than he gets. Most of our marketing deals are tied to Messi, like the PES one, and the FIFA deals before them.

You are just a troll who probably has suffered Messi too much and got excited he was leaving Barca. Go on with your life hating a football player that is a delight to watch.

PS: You didn’t even answer the question about Argentina. You need to get out of YouTube/Facebook or whatever else is feeding your brain all that baseless negativity.

I admit that

1. messi is a great player and i love watching his dribbles and visionary passing
2. i like to see him in EPL

That said, there are persistant rumors that messi is really a prima donna, his passive demure in public is just a front. He likes to pull strings in the background with the most none obvious methods. He doesnt respect his coaches.
He didnt make a noise with how Barca have failed lamasia, the place of his origins. He didnt make much noise about how legends Xavi and Iniesta left.
IIRC he never spoke to Pep after him leaving barca

Argentina almost won the WC, but luck was against them. That is history.
since then messi has been enacting his negative influence on his NT.

This guy just gives off a sneaky vibe 🤷‍♀️

Top Bottom