• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Porcile

Barca have been a freak show for about four years now. People say it started at Roma but forget the season before that PSG thrashed them before playing one of the worst games of all time to gift Barca a comeback, and then in the next round Juventus completely stomped them. Seems peculiar he wants to throw in the towel now.

ZZZZ

Barca have been a freak show for about four years now. People say it started at Roma but forget the season before that PSG thrashed them before playing one of the worst games of all time to gift Barca a comeback, and then in the next round Juventus completely stomped them. Seems peculiar he wants to throw in the towel now.
I don't blame him, i wouldn't want to play with Pique, Sergi Roberto, Vidal and the corpse of Busquets either. Honestly there's only 3 good players that started against Bayern...Messi, Ter Stegen and De Jong.

tryDEATH

Inter keeping Conte puts them as favorites for the Scudetto, unless Juve can pull something out of their ass like signing Messi lol. Should be a very fun next few weeks when it comes to transfers.

Dark Rider

Barca fans are starting to gather around clubs offices. Club does not confirm if board members are inside but there are several parked vehicles outside.

It's working.

Porcile

Dude should just retire to be honest.
Farting about in the French division for a couple years seems completely pointless. Inter aren't going anywhere fast especially in Europe. Man City would be okay if he wants to hang out with Pep and learn from him like Xabi Alonso did but Messi doesn't seem the managerial type. What choices are left? He joins a much smaller club without any pressure like Raul did? It's Barca or nothing in reality.

longdi

Banned
Latest rumor say he is going mancity.
I guess that's good since EPL is great broadcasting.
I wish manu can get cr7 back for his last hurray. Juve is in a league no one cares to broadcast

notseqi

Man started a riot in the streets of Catalunya by sending a fax.
Germany got the 2006 World Cup by one of our comedians sending a fax offering cheap bribes:

XRgObnn.jpg

Azurro

Banned
Latest rumor say he is going mancity.
I guess that's good since EPL is great broadcasting.
I wish manu can get cr7 back for his last hurray. Juve is in a league no one cares to broadcast

You are an Xbox fanboy and a Premface. Does your bad taste knows no bounds?

On other news, it's nice to know that Pirlo is working on removing the expensive deadwood. Matuidi surprised me, he didn't want to be a burden and got a transfer as soon as he wasn't required. I didn't expect Higuain and Kedhira to be leeches.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
The main reason cr7 went juve, is to pick up an easy retirement trophy, adding the once illustrious serie a to his cabinet. Which he did. 🤷‍♀️

At least messi wants a real challenge at mancity

Yup, bad taste and bad takes all around. I bet you are also an anti vaxxer and a flat earth conspiracy theorist. Who knew that you being an Xbox fanboy was only the tip of the iceberg? :D

JLB

Banned
The main reason cr7 went juve, is to pick up an easy retirement trophy, adding the once illustrious serie a to his cabinet. Which he did. 🤷‍♀️

At least messi wants a real challenge at mancity

I dont see how winning a Champions with Juve is any easier than with Madrid.
And lets see where Messi end up playing, theres rumours of Beckham team on MLS as well.

Dark Rider

I dont see how winning a Champions with Juve is any easier than with Madrid.
And lets see where Messi end up playing, theres rumours of Beckham team on MLS as well.

He/she is trolling.
Also welcome to the Football thread :messenger_beaming:
who do you support?

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I understand but keeping the ball rolling from a troll post is the intended effect by the troll so your reply rile up other people who can't resist too and so on.

I know, I know. To get back on topic, seems Inter is wrapping up the transfer of Tonali and apparently we (Juve) are talking to Sassuolo about Locatelli.

Low key, it seems to be a good transfer, Locatelli had very good stats last year.

Dark Rider

I know, I know. To get back on topic, seems Inter is wrapping up the transfer of Tonali and apparently we (Juve) are talking to Sassuolo about Locatelli.

Low key, it seems to be a good transfer, Locatelli had very good stats last year.

Pirlo is a brand new manager so Juventus have a high probability of having a wild ride next season for better or for worse which make the situation for the club and the league very interesting :pie_thinking:

JLB

Banned
Is it weird for you having Messi play for a rival club? :messenger_beaming:

haha, kind of. I suffered Messi so much, specially during time when Iniesta and Xavi were in the team. That Barcelona was pretty much unbeatable.
But well, since Sergio Ramos saved us on that last minute, the team accomplished probably the biggest achievement on modern football: Winning three champions in a row.
I think Madrid have a bright future in front of it, specially considering that Barcelona is disintegrating, and Zidane was able to complete a renovation of the squad. And also that awesome new Bernabeu that Florentino is finishing!

Last edited:

Dark Rider

haha, kind of. I suffered Messi so much, specially during time when Iniesta and Xavi were in the team. That Barcelona was pretty much unbeatable.
But well, since Sergio Ramos saved us on that last minute, the team accomplished probably the biggest achievement on modern football: Winning three champions in a row.
I think Madrid have a bright future in front of it, specially considering that Barcelona is disintegrating, and Zidane was able to complete a renovation of the squad. And also that awesome new Bernabeu that Florentino is finishing!

We are still suffering on the attack though, we need forwards that can help us score more goals because that is our biggest problem last season.

Dark Rider

Florentino Pérez: “We are delighted to get our first Youth League and this encourages us to continue putting emphasis on our youth team”

Dark Rider

Sky Sports: Harry Maguire is set to meet senior Manchester United officials to discuss the future of the club captaincy, after being found guilty of three charges by a Greek court.

Dark Rider

Sergio Agüero wants to stay at Manchester City as long as the club wants to keep him. Until now negotiations have not started regarding his contract renewal but staying at City is his first choice.

JLB

Banned
We are still suffering on the attack though, we need forwards that can help us score more goals because that is our biggest problem last season.

Well, IMO Benzema is one of the best forwards right now, and theres many youngs like Vinicius and Rodrigo with lot of potential. And Hazard of course.
Still, I think the team needs a "9" to compete with Benzema and be there in case on injury. I really like Gabriel Jesus and Lukaku, but not sure if its possible economically speaking on this post covid world. At least not next season.

Dark Rider

Well, IMO Benzema is one of the best forwards right now, and theres many youngs like Vinicius and Rodrigo with lot of potential. And Hazard of course.
Still, I think the team needs a "9" to compete with Benzema and be there in case on injury. I really like Gabriel Jesus and Lukaku, but not sure if its possible economically speaking on this post covid world. At least not next season.

Benzema has done great but the rest underperformed so far, Benzema need someone to help and score as much as he does and also we need to keep in mind that Benzema is close to retirement so we need to replace him too. Economically it is tough but we need to try and find some good prospect who will actually deliver to help Benzema.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

I read 'Benzema' and thought 'hasn't he been around for 15 years by now? Is there another Benzema?'
Can't be long before he retires.

Ibra is still going pushing 40 so who knows but in general yes we need to operate on the assumption he will retire soon and make sure we have a suitable replacement that can perform on the same level.

JLB

Banned
Benzema have done great but the rest underperformed so far, Benzema need someone to help and score as much as he does and also we need to keep in mind that Benzema is close to retirement so we need to replace him too. Economically it is tough but we need to try and find some good prospect who will actually deliver to help Benzema.

Im sure Benzema is one of those rare exceptions that will convert to a different position and be awesome as great. Basically, once he's not able to run and keep the rythm as a forward for 90+ mins, he could be a classical "10".
I agree that some of the other players I mentioned underperformed, but lets see what happen this year. Hazard had so many injuries; Rodrigo and Vini are still too young, but I see good progression on both of them.

Dark Rider

Im sure Benzema is one of those rare exceptions that will convert to a different position and be awesome as great. Basically, once he's not able to run and keep the rythm as a forward for 90+ mins, he could be a classical "10".
I agree that some of the other players I mentioned underperformed, but lets see what happen this year. Hazard had so many injuries; Rodrigo and Vini are still too young, but I see good progression on both of them.

Can we afford them not delivering for another season though? they can be loaded to develop further if they are not ready for the top level Real Madrid needs.

JLB

Banned
Can we afford them not delivering for another season though? they can be loaded to develop further if they are not ready for the top level Real Madrid needs.

I mean, theres no certainty one way or the other. Madrid could buy Mbappé and he could not succeed. See what happened on Barcelona with Griezmann (star of spain league and world champion).
I'd bet and give space and confidence to these guys, I think they have everything to do it right.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

I mean, theres no certainty one way or the other. Madrid could buy Mbappé and he could not succeed. See what happened on Barcelona with Griezmann (star of spain league and world champion).
I'd bet and give space and confidence to these guys, I think they have everything to do it right.

Being loaned does not mean there is no confidence just that they don't look ready yet.

JLB

Banned
Being loaned does not mean there is no confidence just that they don't look ready yet.
? Im talking about Vini and Rodrigo particularly. If you want to make them succeed, you should give them space. If Madrid goes and buy a star, they wont have time on the first team.
Obviously, if Mbappé comes to Madrid, Ill the be happiest guy in the tows lol

Dark Rider

? Im talking about Vini and Rodrigo particularly. If you want to make them succeed, you should give them space. If Madrid goes and buy a star, they wont have time on the first team.
Obviously, if Mbappé comes to Madrid, Ill the be happiest guy in the tows lol

Yes we agree then, those two must up their game next season though :messenger_beaming:
Mbappé is not coming this season at least maybe ever even because the money is in PSG and it is why he went there.

JLB

Banned
Yes we agree then, those two must up their game next season though :messenger_beaming:
Mbappé is not coming this season at least maybe ever even because the money is in PSG and it is why he went there.

Yeah, I dont think Mbappé will come this or even the next season. But eventually, yes :p

Top Bottom