• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

my team won our 55th premiership title today (mathematically it was about 2 months ago) and we won it undefeated too.

2012-2020 was shite but we're back where we belong. know your place celtic. steven gerrard is a legend in glasgow now.

E1b5xmBXIAUXN93

E1b6Bo1WEAMMOzx

E1b_SPfWQAIUp7U

Last edited:
And that is scaring me for the next few seasons. Look at what happened to us with injuries.
This year there is the Euro "2020" and next year there is the World Cup 2022 so 2023 is the first year where the players will get a proper rest but then 2024 it's Euro 2024 again.

At least there is some fans, I hope they make the best of it.

The tweet was deleted so what was it about?

Welcome to The Football Thread
I assume that's Atlanta United? :pie_thinking:
And you can most certainly hang around :messenger_beaming:

It all depend on how he develop but yes the best move here is to lock him to your own nation and if he mount to nothing you don't lose anything anyway.
So Welcome to the Spanish NT :messenger_beaming:

You just noticed? they were dead the entire season, it was a complete disaster on all levels, including the fans (they hunted down players and assaulted them when they were officially relegated).
Yep Atlanta United :D

Best MLS team in the world!

T8SC

my team won our 55th premiership title today (mathematically it was about 2 months ago) and we won it undefeated too.

2012-2020 was shite but we're back where we belong. know your place celtic. steven gerrard is a legend in glasgow now.

E1b5xmBXIAUXN93

E1b6Bo1WEAMMOzx

E1b_SPfWQAIUp7U

Calm down Stevie, you won a league of 2.

The league is about as strong as a 7 year old who's had a glass of milk.

But well done nontheless.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Suarez is just one of those players with the mentality of an absolute champion, he will do it in the biggest games. Massive balls. (Luckily, he didn’t show this at Liverpool).

I’m a City fan, but why they’ve let him go and now they want to sign Kun this summer; I don’t get it.

DKehoe

Suarez is just one of those players with the mentality of an absolute champion, he will do it in the biggest games. Massive balls. (Luckily, he didn’t show this at Liverpool).

I’m a City fan, but why they’ve let him go and now they want to sign Kun this summer; I don’t get it.
I'd assume Barcelona are looking to sign Aguero (I didn't know this was a thing until just now) as a way to keep Messi happy since they are close friends. Still, Aguero won't come cheap so it seems like a strange use of money for a club that's supposedly having serious financial issues.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Pep talking about the party they had to celebrate winning the title. That his favourite moment in the party was when the pizza arrived because in England parties don't involve food, just alcohol.

He could bring his own!

Fa cup final. Anyone watching? Didn't realise timo was so fast

Are you pleased with the result? :messenger_beaming:

E1b5xmBXIAUXN93

E1b6Bo1WEAMMOzx

E1b_SPfWQAIUp7U

Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
I'm assuming you're a Rangers fan so congrats mate (and congrats to RedWhiteBlue RedWhiteBlue as well) :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Yep Atlanta United :D

Best MLS team in the world!

I'll admit I don't know much about MLS clubs but feel at home in the football thread mate.

Bad news for Arsenal fans then.

How much fan ownership exactly are they offering? I suspect they are just taking advantage of the current situation and will withdraw any control they give the fans over time. Unless the fans actually have at least majority ownership.

Wow crazy ending to the Atleti game too, not quite ALI HEADING HOME A WINNER, but pretty intense! Sorry Dark Rider Dark Rider , but I hope they can pull it off.

grumpy cat.jpeg

Different presidents and boards. I think thought that Kun will over all cost them less.

cormack12

Gold Member
Are you pleased with the result? :messenger_beaming:

I'm happy Leceister won just for a change from the top clubs usually winning it. I kinda wanted Chelsea to win so they got a taste for the cup and take it into the CL final. I want Chelsea to win the CL over City though.

Dark Rider

[OptaJoe] In Liverpool's entire club history since they were founded in 1892, Alisson is the first goalkeeper ever to score a competitive goal for the club.

Dark Rider

I'm happy Leceister won just for a change from the top clubs usually winning it. I kinda wanted Chelsea to win so they got a taste for the cup and take it into the CL final. I want Chelsea to win the CL over City though.

They can still take it as motivation if they want.

but why they’ve let him go and now they want to sign Kun this summer; I don’t get it.
Why they let Suarez go for free? Shit management concerned more with optics and immediate results than building a football team.

Just after the Bayern humbling, a lot of the older players came forward to say they would be willing to leave and allow fresh talent to be signed(there had been general complaints about the then- 30+ average squad age)
Yes, we eventually got the average starting age in the squad to be much lower than any other team in the league, but they did Suarez dirty with that free transfer. And they didn't even replace him; we played this entire campaign without a formal striker.

At any rate, I really want Atleti to win this. It'll remind the world that the balance of power is maintained by money alone. Suarez will have been the difference between Atleti finishing 3rd or 4th, and their current 1st position. 35-year old Suarez at almost any other top-10 team would have made them competitive.

tl;dr: financial fair play is bullshit, and I had to rant about my pathetic club.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[OptaJose] 19 - Luis Suárez has equaled Youssef En Nesyri as the player to have provided the most points for this team thanks to his goals in La Liga this season (20 goals - 19 points). Decisive.

Dark Rider

Fucking suarez man :/

Every time he missed I got even more sure he will score late in the game :messenger_medmask:

Why they let Suarez go for free? Shit management concerned more with optics and immediate results than building a football team.

Just after the Bayern humbling, a lot of the older players came forward to say they would be willing to leave and allow fresh talent to be signed(there had been general complaints about the then- 30+ average squad age)
Yes, we eventually got the average starting age in the squad to be much lower than any other team in the league, but they did Suarez dirty with that free transfer. And they didn't even replace him; we played this entire campaign without a formal striker.

At any rate, I really want Atleti to win this. It'll remind the world that the balance of power is maintained by money alone. Suarez will have been the difference between Atleti finishing 3rd or 4th, and their current 1st position. 35-year old Suarez at almost any other top-10 team would have made them competitive.

tl;dr: financial fair play is bullshit, and I had to rant about my pathetic club.

Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
I assume you support Barcelona? :pie_thinking:

Clubs always face good times and hard time so that's no reason to be ashamed.
I mean, sure, but with the super league idiocy, the unwillingness to get out of "replace neymar" mode for 5 years and the disrespect towards Suarez, I think they deserve a little shame.

This season had no promise from the start, I think most fans agree. But at least we would start integrating the young talent. I guess to some extent, that happened.

Dark Rider

I mean, sure, but with the super league idiocy, the unwillingness to get out of "replace neymar" mode for 5 years and the disrespect towards Suarez, I think they deserve a little shame.

This season had no promise from the start, I think most fans agree. But at least we would start integrating the young talent. I guess to some extent, that happened.

Yes the clubs did shameful things this season.
About the youth integration, we'll see how it goes next season but they kind of have to with the financial situation.

Top Bottom