• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

[nytimes] The Super League has filed a new court motion, looking to scrap the agreement UEFA signed with the 9 clubs that backed away from the project - including 6 Premier League teams. If the motion goes through, all fines and penalties UEFA punished the 9 clubs with, will be cancelled.

If any of the clubs that "left" have an ounce of integrity they would work to be excluded from this motion but we all know they are secretly in talks with the remaining clubs to resurrect it when they have better grip on the situation.

Dark Rider

[Swiss Ramble] MUFC would have had even more money to spend if they did not have to bear the cost of the Glazers’ leveraged buy-out. Since 2006 they have spent £1.1 bln on financing: £724m interest, £185m debt repayments and £149m dividends. Dividends/interest averaged £42m in last 7 years.

Dark Rider

[Sky] UK government confirm that Wembley to host more than 60,000 fans for semi-finals and final of Euro 2020

Dark Rider

[Romelu Lukaku] On the difference between Man Utd and Inter: “2 great cities. Just the game is different.. you got to use your brains more in italy.. Something they said i couldn’t do 🙄

Lukaku have been talking a lot since he joined Inter.

Dark Rider

Next round of the Euro

yyc6mfz6x2771.png

Predictions?

Last edited:
Why?

Also Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
Who do you support? :pie_thinking:
I wanted Hungary to win and trigger leftists (and because they're underdogs in that group).
It's my first time seriously watching football since Euro 2004 so I'm not even familiar with the teams. Somehow this tournament grabbed my attention and I even started playing FIFA :pie_thinking: :pie_thinking: :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

I wanted Hungary to win and trigger leftists (and because they're underdogs in that group).
It's my first time seriously watching football since Euro 2004 so I'm not even familiar with the teams. Somehow this tournament grabbed my attention and I even started playing FIFA :pie_thinking: :pie_thinking: :pie_thinking:

Keep in mind this is a tournament for countries national teams, so after its done if you want more high quality football you should watch the clubs tournaments with us :messenger_beaming:
and EA abomination of a game make me shudder :messenger_fearful:

Away goals rule abolished: UEFA announces major shake-up of club competitions​

https://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-champions-league/story/4419188/away-goals-rule-abolished-uefa-announces-major-shake-up-of-club-competitions

not sure how I feel about this one.

A356jiI.gif

For me I'm firmly against abolishing the away goal. Yes in case of extra time you get more time for away goals but the host get extra time home advantage too, so if you abolish the away goal then in case of extra time the host get home extra home advantage time while the visitors get nothing. That's unfair in my book.

Belgium
Italy

France
Spain

Sweden
England

Netherlands
Wales

How do you see a possible clash between Italy and France/Spain? :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Lucas Torreira agent: “He wants to come back to Italy. There are proposals from Spain, France and Russia but Lucas wants Serie A. Arsenal understand the situation and now they’ll help us”, he told TMW. Arsenal want €20m. Lazio interested but not in advanced talks yet.

Dark Rider

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
So, Birmingham have announced their new kit, and to be honest, I'm not feeling it. It's better than last seasons, but why the tiger stripes? We're not Hull City? I also hate the sponsor, but that's an issue I have with every football top.

Have the sponsor on the kits that the players play in, but the replica shirts sold to fans should have no sponsor. I've always hated paying top money for a Brum shirt, to then become a walking advert for the company sponsor.

Anyway here it is. What are your thoughts? Also, post your clubs 21/22 kit for peer review!

birmingham_city_2021_2022_home_shirt_a.jpeg

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
If it’s anything like last years shirt, washed it once and all the crappy boyle sports white transfer crap split and peeled off. Shirt went in the bin. Won’t be buying this years.

Dark Rider

So, Birmingham have announced their new kit, and to be honest, I'm not feeling it. It's better than last seasons, but why the tiger stripes? We're not Hull City? I also hate the sponsor, but that's an issue I have with every football top.

Have the sponsor on the kits that the players play in, but the replica shirts sold to fans should have no sponsor. I've always hated paying top money for a Brum shirt, to then become a walking advert for the company sponsor.

Anyway here it is. What are your thoughts? Also, post your clubs 21/22 kit for peer review!

birmingham_city_2021_2022_home_shirt_a.jpeg

I'm sure Nike (and also Adidas and the others) have design plates that they use for multiple clubs/NTs but with different colours, so I think they did not give thought to your club traditions and culture designing it and it was just a colour swap to save money instead of making a proper design for every team/club.

I need to have a look at my club new kits, I'm really not happy about how my club (Real Madrid) at the moment so I did not look the new kits yet.

If it’s anything like last years shirt, washed it once and all the crappy boyle sports white transfer crap split and peeled off. Shirt went in the bin. Won’t be buying this years.

Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
I assume a Birmingham fan? :pie_thinking:

Isn't getting the sponsor off the shirt a bonus? or was the shirt poorly made and the fabric got ruined?

Dark Rider

[Goal] Romelu Lukaku : "When people talk about Lewandowski, Benzema, Suarez, Kane, they say it's a world-class level. With me, it was always about 'good form'... I belong with that group."

Dark Rider

[Bouhafsi] Manchester United has officially expressed interest in Camavinga . Man United will even meet his entourage next week to convince him to join United. PSG remains the priority of the player. He would like to stay in France

Dark Rider

A senior executive at West Brom attempted to negotiate a £25 million transfer deal that would have broken Fifa regulations, avoided tax in China and possibly the UK, and enabled the English club’s Chinese majority shareholder and owner to keep some of the proceeds of the sale of Matheus Pereira.

Trying to go behind at least 3 different entities rules, what could go wrong?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Dark Rider Dark Rider Yep, for my sins I am a blues fan :(

No idea, could have been a faulty shirt but didn’t expect the transfer to crack and peel off and it was a cool wash.

Last edited:

DKehoe

[Bouhafsi] Manchester United has officially expressed interest in Camavinga . Man United will even meet his entourage next week to convince him to join United. PSG remains the priority of the player. He would like to stay in France

Camavinga looks like an amazing talent. Would love for United to sign him. He'll probably end up at PSG but I can hope.

Dark Rider

Dark Rider Dark Rider Yep, for my sins I am a blues fan :(

No idea, could have been a faulty shirt but didn’t expect the transfer to crack and peel off and it was a cool wash.

Welcome :messenger_beaming:
You could try to return it I guess, defects happen after all.

Camavinga looks like an amazing talent. Would love for United to sign him. He'll probably end up at PSG but I can hope.

Can you afford giving your 150M budget and your other targets? :pie_thinking:

DKehoe

Can you afford giving your 150M budget and your other targets? :pie_thinking:
What United can afford and what they will spend are two different things. United also get linked to a million different players every transfer window so I'll wait and see how concrete the interest is. Everything I've seen just seems to be going off one report. Bouhafsi is reliable when it comes to French stuff so that would suggest there's something there. But it's not like he said United were on the verge of making it happen or are even the favourites to do so.

Dark Rider

What United can afford and what they will spend are two different things. United also get linked to a million different players every transfer window so I'll wait and see how concrete the interest is. Everything I've seen just seems to be going off one report. Bouhafsi is reliable when it comes to French stuff so that would suggest there's something there. But it's not like he said United were on the verge of making it happen or are even the favourites to do so.

Yes but I think it was announced that your budget for this transfer window is 150M.
you are correct that you get linked with an endless list of players but I'm focusing on the targets with reliable sources behind them and even then I think 150M will not be enough for all 3 players.
Unless Manchester United are just trying but given the chance will drop one of them if all three are keen.

Dark Rider

30 out of 34 professional Dutch clubs have attempted to breakaway from the KNVB and form the NL League. Ajax and Feyenoord have not joined in as of yet.

[VI] Ajax commercial director about creation of new NL League: ‘We won’t stand by to watch them take our money away’. ‘No other country forces clubs to share European Cup earnings’

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Official: Everton appoint Rafael Benitez as new manager

[OptaJoe] Rafael Benítez will be only the second manager ever to take charge of both Everton and Liverpool in the two clubs' histories, after William Edward Barclay, who was Everton's first manager in 1888 and Liverpool's in 1892.

Dark Rider

Napoli owner confirms they’ll create their own kits: “We have many followers in America, but nobody was buying our jerseys, then we’ll do without a kit sponsor, my advisors all said: you’re crazy, no, I replied fuck ‘em...This idea might cost me money, but I am starting a new reality for football.”

DKehoe

Nice juicy 11m coming our way from deal I've heard.
Watford getting a slice too. As a City fan how do you feel about Sancho having left the club? I remember being surprised by that at the time because he and Foden were their big youth prospects.

Top Bottom