• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport launches to mixed reviews on Steam

I can bet alot of people in this thread haven't even played the game
The gameplay is ace and in a few months it will be a great game
Is it an excuse ? Fuck no
But this is how these gaas games are
Halo infinite is good ATM
Sea of theaves was abysmal at launch and absolutely amazing ATM
Forza will be amazing in a years time aswell.
The only problem with this model is that the communities move on and always stamps these games as mediocre.
Only game where the community got bigger in a gaas is rainbow six siege

I feel like Dr Leo Marvin in What About Bob

Tams

Why are you guys so obsessed with Phil?

Oh I know…

00bc51d1-866a-4a56-9eaa-0bce9c7548fe_text.gif

1f18d2ad-b6ee-4d06-a5c1-6ff5ef8b49b0_text.gif

The cunt wants Nintendo to fail, so that Microsoft can buy them stealthy using third-parties and so that he can have his 'career moment'.

And going by Microsoft's track record; if that happened they'd ruin all of Nintendo's IP.

Thief1987

Sunday peak, traditionally the biggest day after a launch was 4,376.

This morning Forza Motorsport stands at 1,597. Forza Horizon 5 is 6,576.
It's obvious that it's pretty much flopped. It didn't even reach very humble 6k of Hi-Fi Rush. And with HFR excuse was that it's a niche game which was shadowdropped without any PR prior. Absence of any player numbers from MS is also pretty telling.

Last edited:

SimTourist

It's obvious that it's pretty much flopped. It didn't even reach very humble 6k of Hi-fi Rush. And with HfR excuse was that it's a niche game which was shadowdropped without any PR prior. Absence of any PR player's numbers from MS is also pretty telling.
There is a serious possibility of Turn10 being turned into a support studio for PG or folded into them altogether.

Mowcno

Looking at the peak player of every game published on Steam by Xbox Game Studios in the past 5 years:

Halo Infinite - 272,586 (F2P)
Halo MCC - 161,024
Forza Horizon 5 - 81,096
Age of Empire IV - 73,928
Sea of Thieves - 66,906 (Late Steam Launch)
Flight Simulator - 61,829
Forza Horizon 4 - 40,399 (Late Steam Launch)
Age of Empires II Definitive - 38,725
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - 34,807
Grounded - 32,012
State of Decay 2 - 22,728
Age of Empires III Definitive - 20,146
Gears 5 - 10,196
Gears Tactics - 7,351
Psychonauts 2 - 7,262
Hi-Fi Rush - 6,132
Minecraft Legends - 5,322
Forza Motorsport - 4,703
Minecraft Dungeons - 2,939 (Late Steam Launch)
Tell Me Why - 2,784
Age of Empires Definitive Edition - 2,708 (Late Steam Launch)
Sunset Overdrive - 2,326 (Late Steam Launch)
Pentiment - 1,250
Battle Toads - 768
Killer Instinct - 701 (Late Steam Launch)
As Dusk Falls - 300

Ignoring the games that were not simultaneous releases on Steam the only games that did worse than Forza Motorsport are As Dusk Falls, Battle Toads, Pentiment and Tell Me Why. These are truly shocking numbers. Obviously Forza Horizon is a much more popular series I think we all knew that before launch but I never expected numbers these low. I've been playing and enjoy Forza Motorsport despite it's problems but it really has bombed, at least on PC. Honestly I almost feel like this Forza should have been a F2P title with the way the career is set out.

Going to the Bethesda side of things even Redfall had a higher launch peak than Forza. Turn10 Spent longer making this than any other Forza, a 6 year development. It's to be hoped that it's done great numbers on Gamepass/Console.

Last edited:

Mowcno

Diablo IV just launched on steam and currently sits at 56% positive. Wonder where that will end up settling, should be higher than Forza at least but still firmly in the "mixed reviews" category.

drehBVO.png

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Good. Forza Motorsport is an unmitigated disaster on PC. I hope it flops.

I feel for PC players, especially every time Turk1993 Turk1993 posts about another thing missing or botched on the PC version. The game is pretty decent on consoles, haven't had any obvious bugs in my nearly 20~ hours spent in the game so far. No game breaking bugs, no weird issues with cars randomly flying off of the tracks or anything of the sort.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I feel for PC players, especially every time Turk1993 Turk1993 posts about another thing missing or botched on the PC version. The game is pretty decent on consoles, haven't had any obvious bugs in my nearly 20~ hours spent in the game so far. No game breaking bugs, no weird issues with cars randomly flying off of the tracks or anything of the sort.
Its fine on PC, just not great.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
It works fine, i have over 70h already. But the missing things and graphicall bugs are anoying for a game that took 6 years to make.

Its fine on PC, just not great.
this.

Elysium44

Banned
Just tried the PC version of this through game pass, it actually runs perfectly well on my RTX 3060 maxed out at 1080p60 (except for RT). Noteworthy that it is 60fps at all times, none of the 30fps menus and in-game cinematics you get on the console version even in performance mode. Well done. Now how about letting us do that on console as well.

Top Bottom