• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport will release without Spectator Mode, Racing with A.I. in Featured Multiplayer and Splitscreen

I do not understand the split screen is not important crowd. Clearly Xbox Game Studios/Turn 10 thinks it is important or they would have just dropped it. Personally, I don't like the trend of incomplete games and those with missing features being released. I hate it regardless of who is releasing it and what system it is being released for.
I agree split screen, if done well, is very important. But Forza Motorsport, GT, and most other sim style racers either don’t have it, or it’s utter rubbish if they do. The fact that it’s missing from Forza Motorsport is rather minor given how bare bones it was in Forza 7. It was 1-1 with no other cars. Pretty awful. People here are pretending like it’s a big loss when it was terrible in the first place.

DaGwaphics

I agree split screen, if done well, is very important. But Forza Motorsport, GT, and most other sim style racers either don’t have it, or it’s utter rubbish if they do. The fact that it’s missing from Forza Motorsport is rather minor given how bare bones it was in Forza 7. It was 1-1 with no other cars. Pretty awful. People here are pretending like it’s a big loss when it was terrible in the first place.

You're not serious, the hubbub is about a 1v1 mode? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I guess it would double the cars on screen in busier moments, maybe just using more distant lods closer up wasn't enough.

The only racing game I ever played a ton of in splitscreen was 2Extreme on PS1, at least all 8 of the cpu racers was still present plus the 2 local players.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It's not about it not being important - it is important to me as my PC is hooked up to my main TV and my son is obsessed with driving games and it would be great to play with him. It's about what is considered feature complete for a game like this, and split screen is not one of those features that is required for a sim racer. If it ships without the Nurburgring or is missing an entire class or popular make of cars, or lacks online multiplayer, or has crappy physics, lacks pit stops, different tire compounds, different liveries etc. Those are the kinds of features that have to be there.
To each their own but I would much rather it have a missing track or a line of cars and patch them in then missing features, but thats just me

If you live in a bum fuck village without an internet connection and playing with fellow villagers then sure.

Besides most of my online friends are actually.also people I know in real life and have visited physicial in past. Some of them are near, others are cross country or the other side of the world.

The only games worth playing locally is something like Smash Bros or any fighting game, because it's a much more fun experience that way. Racing games via split screen just seems uncesseary and a waste of development time and resources.
split has its advantages, people being there physically is much more fun. its better than being anti social only talking online to randoms since someone might not want to go outside in real life. not everyone is a dumb sheep and accepts mediocrity.

Fox Mulder

I think a steering wheel for Forza is a bit of an overkill, right?
I'm probably gonna play it with a Controller, i mean it's not GTR 2/IRacing/RFactor 2 calibre of simulation.

Many people like using wheels in Forza or Gran Turismo, but is completely optional. Controller is what the games were designed around. Project Cars never could feel right on a controller and it suffered.

DaGwaphics

It Takes Two had no issues with split screen , or is that different?

Tons of games on the X1 and PS4 had splitscreen and ran fine. The Switch has some games that do quad screen fine and it only has 4GB of memory.

It's all about what the devs are doing with the memory. In this case they must need to do some additional optimization to get it working.

Top Bottom