• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay/Lesbian GAF what are your favorite/hottest videogame characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gladly, what sounds confrontational? I might do some edits.
Comments like "LGBT threads are always touchy", "pushing an agenda" and "making straights uncomfortable" are not really the best way to start off a topic when you want positive participation from people. LGBT folks talking about LGBT stuff is not pushing an agenda, it's part of life. If it makes others uncomfortable, then that's 100% the problem of those narrow minded people.

And this...
With that say, I also want straight GAF to be respectful of the answers here, please not name calling, don't call anyone gross or a freak. It's OK to be offended or uncomfortable but there's no need for personal attack over something that they have no control of.

...is very strange to me. "OK to be offended" sounds like reassurance to bigots. (Which I don't think you meant, but it certainly comes off that way.) And the "something that they have no control of" line reeks of attaching stigma to homosexuality. It's also very pandering. There's nothing wrong with being gay. It's not a condition or a malady that needs treating.

I don't mean to disrupt things, because it looks like everyone is embracing a fun and positive take on the thread which is awesome, but to have this sort of pretext starting things off really rubs me the wrong way. Again, I don't think it's intentional, but I would ask you to read it again and put yourself in the position of the people who's opinions you are soliciting, and think how you'd feel if addressed that way.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I wanted to make my female character undress in Kingdoms of Amalur but the armor in that game is too damn good.
Wha... I hated it, almost wished I made a male avatar because it couldn't possibly be worse than all those silly boobplates. At least it wasn't a metal bikini I suppose, like that elf chick had... >_<

Lutherian

Instant love for Marlow Briggs :

Box_art_of_the_video_game_Marlow_Briggs_and_the_Mask_of_Death.jpg

I also loved Steve Cortez and MY male Shepard (and I kinda want to destroy Origin for NOT having a screenshot feature...).

Some people find it weird but one of my favorite female character is Samus Aran, and I prefer the way she looked in Metroid Prime 1 instead of MP 2, MP 3 and Zero Mission look :

1a93aa8d2f4d66c1dbe68f11effdb0ff-dq8c9o.jpg

EDIT :
Oh and I cried at
Achille's death and burial
in AC3.

Jezan

This thread <3

My favorite will always be Soho from Granado Espada (and probably any male character from that game, everyone is so sexy):
The one on the right is a special version of the one in white, but both are using the default costume, which is how you will see them 100% of the time, since the alt costume covers everything :(
*Second pic is not mine, it is from: Novuso at Deviantart

I also like:
New Dante, Kaidan, Dorian, Arcade (FNV), Yunseong, Zael, Dunban... so many.

Comments like "LGBT threads are always touchy", "pushing an agenda" and "making straights uncomfortable" are not really the best way to start off a topic when you want positive participation from people. LGBT folks talking about LGBT stuff is not pushing an agenda, it's part of life. If it makes others uncomfortable, then that's 100% the problem of those narrow minded people.

I had the same thoughts when I read the OP but didn't say anything.

It's not LGBT people's job to make straight people comfortable with our existence. If they feel uncomfortable with homosexuality, bisexuality, whatever, that's their problem, not ours.

dave_m123

From Mass Effect 3 - Vega (umpff) and Kaiden
Ass Creed 3 - Connor with his Mohican Hair
Joel from the last of us
Nathan Drake
New Dante

And this...

...is very strange to me. "OK to be offended" sounds like reassurance to bigots. (Which I don't think you meant, but it certainly comes off that way.) And the "something that they have no control of" line reeks of attaching stigma to homosexuality. It's also very pandering. There's nothing wrong with being gay. It's not a condition or a malady that needs treating.

I don't mean to disrupt things, because it looks like everyone is embracing a fun and positive take on the thread which is awesome, but to have this sort of pretext starting things off really rubs me the wrong way. Again, I don't think it's intentional, but I would ask you to read it again and put yourself in the position of the people who's opinions you are soliciting, and think how you'd feel if addressed that way.

That's the reason I put the disclaimer in the first place. I don't want straight GAF attacked but rather be part of the thread. I'm not new to GAF I know how this typed of threads end up and get derailed. And I really just want a fun thread, which is working right now.

However if the thread is going to turn serious and end up in insults like the everyone again, might as well have the mods close it.

That's the reason I put the disclaimer in the first place. I don't want straight GAF attacked but rather be part of the thread. I'm not new to GAF I know how this typed of threads end up and get derailed. And I really just want a fun thread, which is working right now.

However if the thread is going to turn serious and end up in insults like the everyone again, might as well have the mods close it.
I think there are ways you can express that other than how you did in the OP. Right now it comes off condescending and confrontational. The language you use to describe LGBT people and their supposed behavior (and how others should react to them) is not factual or appropriate IMO.

I'm not sure how LGBT gaffers saying who they find hot would turn into straight GAF being attacked. Is that something you feel happens often? Because I think it's more likely that it's bigoted behavior that is called out, and the only people that introduce that are bigots themselves.

As I said, I would love to participate in this thread, because I can talk about digital beefcake until the cows come home, but I don't feel comfortable doing it when it's under the pretext you laid out in the OP. That's what I'm trying to express.

KoopaTheCasual

Dmc Dante is gross and nowhere near as popular among fans be they gay or straight as the original.

Chris Redfield from RE5 is easily the most popular video game character among gay fans.

I don't care myself as I usually project myself to the protagonists.
I think a vast majority of this thread would disagree with you there.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think I like Donte over Dante but I never played any of the Chance of Crying Demon games.

I think there are ways you can express that other than how you did in the OP. Right now it comes off condescending and confrontational. The language you use to describe LGBT people and their supposed behavior (and how others should react to them) is not factual or appropriate IMO.

I'm not sure how LGBT gaffers saying who they find hot would turn into straight GAF being attacked. Is that something you feel happens often? Because I think it's more likely that it's bigoted behavior that is called out, and the only people that introduce that are bigots themselves.

As I said, I would love to participate in this thread, because I can talk about digital beefcake until the cows come home, but I don't feel comfortable doing it when it's under the pretext you laid out in the OP. That's what I'm trying to express.

Is mostly so people don't post lewd pictures. If you don't feel comfortable is ok, it's impossible to please anyone.

On topic, I've never played any DMC games but I'll get the new one when I get an Xbox One, not only do I find new Dante extremely cool looking but the stages look amazing.

I'm straight but if Kazuhira Miller from Peace Walker etc asked me out with his hat on and his sunglasses on I may just have to think about it real hard :D

Is mostly so people don't post lewd pictures. If you don't feel comfortable is ok, it's impossible to please anyone.

On topic, I've never played any DMC games but I'll get the new one when I get an Xbox One, not only do I find new Dante extremely cool looking but the stages look amazing.
I'm not sure you are understanding what I'm trying to say. If I'm being unclear, I apologize for that, but I think I've stated it as plainly as I can.

If you don't feel that what you said in the OP is unreasonable, that's your prerogative. I'll stop spending my time trying to express why I think it isn't, because it doesn't seem you are open to that conversation.

Bardiche

Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter series)

I've always had a soft spot for Akira. Been a huge fan of him since '93 and he keeps getting sexier. Husbando material right here.

Shaddy

Neo Member
I'm a hetero woman but I absolutely adore Dorian from Dragon Age Inquisition. On my secon Run Through I made a male-gay Character just for the reason to date him.

I simply love his character. <3

tumblr_ngpc6j9Too1u4lw22o2_250.gif

and hair

why is it all the other people into guys always want them wearing shag carpets on their faces and chest

so gross

Well beards are really popular right now, I'm guessing the chest hair just complements the look. I myself have a beard and chest, but I lack the muscles.

Kevyt

Disclaimer: I'm a straight guy, curious but not bicurious. What does that have to do with the topic you ask? Well LGBT threads are always touchy and I'm letting it be clear that the purpose of this thread is not pushing any agenda or making straights uncomfortable. So I advice against lewd or shock pictures for the sake of trolling straight guys. Is OK to post hot pictures, fan art of you favorite characters but please understand that it can make someone uncomfortable.

With that say, I also want straight GAF to be respectful of the answers here, please not name calling, don't call anyone gross or a freak. It's OK to be offended or uncomfortable but there's no need for personal attack over something that they have no control of.

Woah... what? Could you explain those lines? You're asking gay gaf what their favorite videogame characters are but you say that you don't want any "shock pictures" that could make straight gaffers uncomfortable? What are you trying to say? I feel like you could have written that better, and as Hours Left said, it does come off as condescending and judgmental...

Woah... what? Could you explain those lines? You're asking gay gaf what their favorite videogame characters are but you say that you don't want any "shock pictures" that could make straight gaffers uncomfortable? What are you trying to say? I feel like you could have written that better, and as Hours Left said, it does come off as condescending and judgmental...

By shock pictures I mean lewd pictures, like the kind of ones that get threads lock. Happens a lot in the sexy video game threads. There's some examples of shirtless and suggestive posses in the thread which is fine.

Dany

Banned
I hope I didn't offend any straights with my shocking pictures of Joel from TLOU and Dojima from Persona 4.

I'm sorry. I have to go back to WWSPT. What would Straight People Think?

Kevyt

By shock pictures I mean lewd pictures, like the kind of ones that get threads lock. Happens a lot in the sexy video game threads. There's some examples of shirtless and suggestive posses in the thread which is fine.

Okay well, I understand. I think it could have been worded better though! Just saying... ;)

On Topic: Well Batman from the Arkham Series is always so very hot imo...

His armor looks amazing, and for anyone wondering this is the character model from Arkham Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom