• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOW: Ragnarok vs Zelda: BOTW 2. If you had to choose one which would it be?

If you had to choose between GOW: Ragnarok or Zelda: BOTW2 your choice?

• GOW: Ragnarok

Votes: 227 48.2%
  • Zelda: BOTW 2

Votes: 224 47.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 20 4.2%

• Total voters

MagnesD3

Botw2 only because the last time the main nintendo crew made a mainline series sequel it turned out to be arguably the best game in their library to this day Ala super mario galaxy 2.

Aion002

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

I like GoW.

I dislike Zelda.

Really different games... Everyone will pick the genre they enjoy the most.

I prefer Zelda and BoTW was really good (but the classic Zelda Dungeon parts left to be desired)
If BotW2 drops the annoying weapon durability system from the first game
I hope it doesn't. I don't understand the criticism so I hope they ignore it.

There was nothing wrong with the weapons breaking, other than they broke and you had plenty of things to replace them with.

I specially don't get it when no one points such criticisms at other games that did the same like gaf darling Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come Deliverance.
Because Nintendo has never made an unambitious Zelda game in their history. Good luck if you think that's going to start with BotW2.
Skyward Sword was unambitious.

Last edited:

Rival

Gold Member
I vote Zelda but I don’t even know if I’ll ever have the kind of time needed to complete a game like that again as I put almost 80 hours into the first one and life has changed a lot in the years since.

MarkMe2525

Damn. Currently tied at 158 each. I went with BOTW2. I really enjoyed GoW but BOTW was transformative for me.

Last edited:
I'm definitely on the GOW side. I loved Breath of the Wild, but I'm sucker for a good story and characters and need my good dose of GOW.

Tell us more about this game you've obviously played thoroughly!
Mario Kart 8? Smash Bros? No DLC but Nintendo DLC and that changes it all! You give money to Nintendo, see not to that dirty Sony that betrayed God Nintendo in the 90's. Take that Sony! 🙃

Zelda because it will be a game while GoW: R will just be a one and done movie.

80's and early 90's gaming should have been so hard for some, with all those big stories, big movies and big RPG combined in one game. The 7th Quest and Myth are movies now, they have few buttons to press, lots of stories, movies just like Super Mario, Street Fighter and Witcher! Colonie Wars has a story, it's not a game, you have no stories in game, games are Nintendo, and Nintendo games has no story, stories should be banned from gaming, and dirty Sony that betrayed Master Nintendo and took from Nintendo FF7 will die in the second. Take that Sony! 🤡

RoboFu

One of the green rats
The new GOW is just a gameplay clone of Zelda OOT style Zelda games. BOTW is actually pushing new gameplay ideas.

Oof85

Botw2.

I'll never forgive SSM for that funeral at the start of 2018.

Every single thing I hate about cinematic games was present there, and I can trust Nintendo to not be so obtuse.

Some people have no issue with developer leashes but I cannot do it.

Oof85

The new GOW is just a gameplay clone of Zelda OOT style Zelda games. BOTW is actually pushing new gameplay ideas.
You're not wrong but they're not gonna like seeing this.
Watch the denials come in hot and fast like a cheap pizza.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
If I had Elon Musk's disposable cash, I would bribe the GoW devs a few billion dollars to make all the weapons break after a few uses. Just to spite the haters who can't grasp that gameplay mechanic.

odhiex

I have never played Zelda BOTW cause I don't own a Nintendo Switch. I only had a little hands-on time with it on my buddy's Switch. So I cannot form an opinion about that game.

I love GOW (2018), I finished it twice on the original PS4 and PS5 (60 fps patch) and they are fantastic.

gundalf

BoTW 2 since it will likely bring me joy to play for several years while GoW will be a bombastic experience for a couple of weeks and then be forgotten.

MagnesD3

If I had Elon Musk's disposable cash, I would bribe the GoW devs a few billion dollars to make all the weapons break after a few uses. Just to spite the haters who can't grasp that gameplay mechanic.
The mechanic is objectively terrible, I understand it's reasoning and it's still incredibly unfun and misplaced in the game. It actively hurts the reward systems in the game..

It's very rare that a weapon breaking system adds actual value to a game.

Last edited:
Completely illogical. Why?

Because Nintendo has never made an unambitious Zelda game in their history. Good luck if you think that's going to start with BotW2.

And there's a reason why the "God of War Ragnarok DLC" label stuck, while the accusation isn't used on most other AAA games.

It's cool if you like God of War, but you can't really deny that it looks essentially identical to the 2018 version.
The only person calling it dlc is you, haven't seen that label used for it before. And we know why you're doing it, it's low effort console warring, I'm sure you can do better.

SeraphJan

u8MYXjJc5pGsjvu04KHzg0QKKiUpeVGRTcvICQQDTvs.jpg

This meme will never stop being relevant.
For Pokemon, This makes sense, you need to be certain age to have nostalgic factor at all.

As for COD, some statistic would be nice, Just because some random kid screaming in the lobby doesn't represent the masses, from what I know COD franchise hit its targeted audience pretty accurately.

The one game that is really attractive to kids is actually Minecraft

And most parent that grow up with Zelda and Mario do recommend their kids too, I mean its kind of inappropriate to recommend them gory and violent games such as GoW wouldn't it, ESRB existed for a reason

Last edited:

SeraphJan

Couldn't agree with you more. I recently played twilight princess again and I enjoyed it way more than botw. It just doesnt feel like zelda in comparison to twilight princess.
Exactly, and I don't know who's dumb idea was it thinking copy paste Dead Rising's disposable weapon mechanic was a smart move in a Zelda game. In Classic Zelda every unique weapon you acquire felt like an accomplishment.

Last edited:

TheTony316

BOTW2. Without a doubt. Hands down. No question.

Actually it's almost insulting to even compare God of War to BOTW. Zelda is on a whole other level. God of War is just your average game. Might win a GOTY somewhere but really it's nothing special.

BOTW is overrated.

Huge empty open world
enemy outposts
copy and paste enemies with a different skin
tower climbing to unlock parts of the map
tons of repetitive shrines

The physics gameplay is pretty cool but other than that, it's just your typical open world game.

Last edited:

Wohc

Banned
Votes are much closer than I thought. I expected BotW2 to win by a very considerable margin as Legend of Zelda's legacy is much bigger.
On a more mixed board i would have expected 70:30 for Zelda, but on NeoGAF that's not a big surprise since the vast majority here are PlayStation fans.

Top Bottom