• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

Dc5qX5c.png

So, we'll have a big final episode? or the "60 minutes finale" means weirdmaggedon parts 1, 2 and 3?

2 episodes, back-to-back. Weirdmageddon part 3 and the final "saying goodbye to Gravity Falls" episode, I imagine.

dity

Every new second of Fallout Wendy is a new second of Gravity Falls worth watching.

I had fun with the latest episode. Nice to see Mabel finally had to give up something for Dipper... Although Dipper had to give up something for her to do so. Dipper always gotta give something up.

Tizoc

I am now catching up to the recent 2 episodes
OH GOD NORTHWEST SENIOR

HOW IS THIS IS STILL A KID'S SHOW?!?!

HOW IS THIS AN AMAZING KID'S SHOW?!

Raxus

As much as I agree with this post - I gotta question the bolded: when the fuck has Mabel ever given up anything for Dipper's sake?

Sorry I am so late responding to this. I tend to go into comas when shows take hiatus after hiatus in order not to get stir crazy.

Anywho, while it was a problem last season this season it has been more one to one. Sock Opera and this episode really showcased the give and take. In the flashbacks both the twins gave something up to make the other to feel better.

Anyway back to the coma until the finale airs.

So hey I learned this is apparently the last season of Gravity Falls and that the last episode probably won't be until 2016 today.

That was fun...

Ugh

dity

I'll probably have forgotten there was a finale still happening when the finale airs. It'll have been that long.

FUCK.YOU.DISNEY!

Even to the very end of this series, you continue to twist the knife on this show that you've stabbed repeatedly. I mean, why not air it New Years for example?

I really hope whatever Hirsch's next project will be, that he'll switch to CN or Nick (though you guys said Nick is just as wacky as Disney lol)

dity

How is Time Baby a "great villain" anyway? How is him coming back some major "wow" twist? If the finale is Bill and the Time Baby duking it out I'll probably be like "wow, it's fucking nothing."

Psxphile

tumblr_nypg3m9Fif1uvgbrjo1_540.jpg

BEST ANIMATED TELEVISION/BROADCAST PRODUCTION FOR CHILDREN
for "Not What He Seems"

DIRECTING IN AN ANIMATED TELEVISION / BROADCAST PRODUCTION
for "Northwest Mansion Mystery"
Directed by Matt Braly

PRODUCTION DESIGN IN AN ANIMATED TELEVISION / BROADCAST PRODUCTION
for “Xpcveaoqfoxso (Weirdmageddon)”
Disney Television Animation
Production Design: Ian Worrel
Production Design: Jeffrey Thompson

WRITING IN AN ANIMATED TELEVISION / BROADCAST PRODUCTION
For “Not What He Seems ”
Disney Television Animation
Writer: Alex Hirsch
Writer: Shion Takeuchi
Writer: Josh Weinstein
Writer: Jeff Rowe
Writer: Matt Chapman

https://variety.com/2015/film/in-contention/pixar-picks-up-25-annie-nominations-1201650793/

Can someone shed light on Disney's release schedule with this show?

I really don't get it

A few things:
1. By stretching out new episode airings, you can treat every new episode like a major event.

2. By mixing in a single new episode among a bunch of reruns, the idea is that you can confuse viewers about what episodes are new and what are old, and they'd thus be more willing to watch reruns. While regular Disney has no non-Disney commercials, Disney XD does rely on ad money, creating an extra incentive for this.

3. Many Disney shows have slow production schedules, especially animation projects like this, and in the past for this show, a slow release schedule allowed for more time to get later episodes done.

4. This show is ending. Once the show ends, interest in reruns will sharply decrease, partially because of (2), along with basically everything else about the show. People will be less interested in buying merchandise unless you're a hardcore fan.

5. Finally, Hirsch mentioned before that Disney was holding out hope that he would change his mind about ending the show, and it's possible that they were dragging out the ending to give him more time to reconsider.

abundant

A few things:
1. By stretching out new episode airings, you can treat every new episode like a major event.

2. By mixing in a single new episode among a bunch of reruns, the idea is that you can confuse viewers about what episodes are new and what are old, and they'd thus be more willing to watch reruns. While regular Disney has no non-Disney commercials, Disney XD does rely on ad money, creating an extra incentive for this.

3. Many Disney shows have slow production schedules, especially animation projects like this, and in the past for this show, a slow release schedule allowed for more time to get later episodes done.

4. This show is ending. Once the show ends, interest in reruns will sharply decrease, partially because of (2), along with basically everything else about the show. People will be less interested in buying merchandise unless you're a hardcore fan.

5. Finally, Hirsch mentioned before that Disney was holding out hope that he would change his mind about ending the show, and it's possible that they were dragging out the ending to give him more time to reconsider.

I'm thinking 4 and 5 are the biggest culprits. While season 1 had a really bad schedule (14 months for 20 episodes) season 2 is even worse (17 or more months for 20 episodes) so something is up.

Psxphile

Shit, video went private. Seems to have been leak rather than an official release, Disney is going into full lockdown.

EDIT:
Z2zymCc.png

Here, I've collected a few of the screenshots that were on 4chan before the video went down, it was a 15 sec. spot and it reused footage from previous episodes so there's not much to go on. Spoilers in the link: Imgur album

EDIT: Direct link to the promo. Y'all know how to use Mega, right?

New Forbes article hints at the sypnosis:

"Ford discovers Bill’s true motives and then a final confrontation with Bill leads to the Pines family’s ultimate fate and greatest sacrifice,”

...damn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom