• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite’s store bundles data mined

Banjo64

cumsessed
They don't deserve any backlash from this at all, the whole post is silly. Nobody is forced to buy every cosmetic skin.

When your at McDonald's do you price out buying every item on the menu and then send hate emails to mcdonalds for it costing $200 for food?

When your at wal mart, do you get mad at them for having $100,000 in items you could buy?

This thread is a waste of time. Don't buy everything, problem solved.
You don’t think they should integrate classic skins in the battle passes? Ok, cool. Good for you.

I have no idea what you are trying to say re: McDonald’s and Walmart but that’s ok.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Cosmetics in a first person shooter also are even more silly to me.

You literally can't see yourself lol. All they are selling you is FOMO.
No fomo in Halo infinite though.

Theres no time limit on season passes. You can do it in a month or in a year if you'd like.

That makes it a huge difference compared to the traditional fomo season pass.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Theres no time limit on season passes. You can do it in a month or in a year if you'd like.

True. I just mean, you literally can't even see yourself. So what you're mostly paying for is curing that sense that you're missing something cool. Then you wear your cool skin. But in reality, you can't see anything but a tiny bit of your forearms. If the game was 3rd person, it would be a lot more impactful.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
And it came out 18 years ago.

Remember when Doom was shareware?

I 'member. Remember when people didn't need dumb carrots on sticks like fluffy helmets just to play video games? I 'member.

The same people complaining about this stuff are the same people that complain about how we're no longer in the good old days. It's complete nonsense. In the good old days you just played the shitting game. You're getting multiplayer Halo for free, the full campaign can be played on a £1 Game Pass trial, and people are mad because they can't have free dildo armour. Lunacy.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
True. I just mean, you literally can't even see yourself. So what you're mostly paying for is curing that sense that you're missing something cool. Then you wear your cool skin. But in reality, you can't see anything but a tiny bit of your forearms. If the game was 3rd person, it would be a lot more impactful.
Well battle pass has sold really well, and I even bought it as well. I want to support the dev and there's a few decent cool stuff in it.

I can't see myself unless I'm dying (so I kinda see myself often lol), but I still know what my armor looks like. You also see yourself in most of the vehicles.

It's like saying why get some nice clothes if you cant see yourself from third person view. I mean, you can see the front of you, but not third person while you do the Chad walk.

You can see yourself before and after every match, doing poses and shit.

Ozriel

M$FT
I remember when you used to get given free games like Wolfenstien : Enemy Territory which features no additional transactions at all... for free.

Sooner or later the "its just cosmetic" will have to end, because otherwise games with "just cosmetic" loot boxes wouldent be so profitable.

Wolfenstein ET launched with only 6 maps. For good. It was originally meant to be a paid expansion before it was launched as freeware

You’re comparing that to a Halo game with more maps, more modes and a Forge Mode in development and years of support?

can you mention other games that have been given to you for free in the past decade?

Ehhh...game is free and awesome. I was never one to be outraged by paid cosmetics. The master chief santa hat is 20$...

#vivalarevolucion

Comedy Central Shock GIF by Alternatino with Arturo Castro

Kuranghi

Enjoy it you crazy MP gamers, I cannot relate to this mtx shit at all. I see it in SP games I play and if I hit a bullshit time wasting wall I just alt-tab, run WeMod (Or CheatEngine) and skip the bullshit for free.

Literally spending hundreds or thousands of currency instead of spending 30 mins of your life learning how to use CheatEngine, I appreciate people don't always have a lot of time to game generally but if you are just being lazy thats mental to me.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
You don’t think they should integrate classic skins in the battle passes? Ok, cool. Good for you.

I have no idea what you are trying to say re: McDonald’s and Walmart but that’s ok.

I dont really care. What I'm saying in the mcdonalds and walmart examples is that there are options everywhere we go in terms of "extras", we don't add up the totals of thos things and get mad at the company for giving us lots of choices or charging too much simple by adding them all up.

MiguelItUp

Is that a lot of money? Yeah. Do you need to pay that? No.

They're strictly cosmetics, and that's really it. If you wanna buy some, well, then partake and get the ones you want. But it doesn't mean you need ALL of them.

I remember when you used to get given free games like Wolfenstien : Enemy Territory which features no additional transactions at all... for free.

Sooner or later the "its just cosmetic" will have to end, because otherwise games with "just cosmetic" loot boxes wouldent be so profitable.
Yes, but that was a different time.

I know monetizing F2P games can seem pretty scummy (depending on how it's done of course) but developers can't keep their doors open and pay their teams without making money. The larger the projects, the larger the teams, the more money is required for development.

I personally don't see a problem with monetization of a F2P game, as long as it's done correctly. In Infinite, I feel like this has been done very well, the "issue" is that they have a large catalog of things to purchase. But again, no one needs to purchase all of that, and if they do or want to, they clearly have "fuck you" money, so who cares? Lmao.

I just wish the Battlepass wasn’t needed for most armor sets/accessories. There’s only a handful of armor sets I’m fond of in Halo, so I’d rather just spend a little bit here and there on what I want instead of having to buy/unlock them in bulk. Not big deal I mean I’m still playing it, but it would be nice to just buy an ODST set and be done with it.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Why would someone want to buy everything?

1000 bucks in F2P game to completely close out the store?
That doesnt actually sound bad albeit alittle OCD for someone to want to buy everything.
Halo Infinite has a sufficiently good gameplay loop i aint even gonna pay for the premium battlepass.

I do want the Black/Gold or/the Winter Camo vehicle skins tho....but made a promise to myself years ago i wouldnt spend in F2P games in case it triggered something in me.

elliot5

i mean you can see yourself in the menu, in the starting animation, when you're driving vehicles, and other third person POV like hijacking players, etc. That's obviously like <10% of your total time, but you go into 3rd person more often than in like Apex Legends

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

What about the weeklys?

I dont really care. What I'm saying in the mcdonalds and walmart examples is that there are options everywhere we go in terms of "extras", we don't add up the totals of thos things and get mad at the company for giving us lots of choices or charging too much simple by adding them all up.

That still makes no sense whatsoever.

Your Wallmart example is more akin to walking into a GameStop and getting upset that purchasing a single games doesn't give you access to every other game on the shelves, which is not what's being discussed here.

The appropriate example is walking into a Wallmart, going into the furniture section, picking out a chair that you like, and then finding out that the chair only includes the base and two feet, whilst the leather seating, head-pillow, armrests and everything else has been relegated to $1000 worth of "extra's", even though five years ago that same chair was $100 with everything included.

I know it won't change your mind, since as long as it's 'free to play' there are apparently no limits to what a company can do (such as change the entire financial structure of their products to target addicts), but if you're going to make these kinds of comparisons, at least try to be somewhat accurate.

mxbison

It's F2P so expected.

But full price games are also full of this garbage and people still defend it for some reason.

link1201

Meh if we get more maps continually and the game has a healthy population it all works for me. I spent a few bucks on one of the Sets and will probably get the BP eventually but right now there is nothing in there that interests me.

I did have to reset my mindset though as I have always unlocked all Armors in Halo games. I can't do that now, the cost for me is more that the benefit and that's fine.

Black_Stride

That only takes a couple of cans of Rockstar to get (for the weapon/warthog skins)
Only available in the US.
Im already making some phone calls to friends in the US to try get them to do me a solid.
But I will be showing off my 90s blackness with Gold/Black before season 2 drops....mark my words!
Microsoft is a 2 trillion dollar company these cosmetics should be free
Fuck that.
The Xbox Series S should be free to all who ask for one....after all they are a trillion dollar company.
Heck every Xbox Game Studios game should be free on PC and Xbox.....after all they are a trillion dollar company.
Why would a company want to make money when it already has money right.
Its a frikken travesty.

legacy24

they spent 500 million making this game and then decided to make the MP free to play idk what you guys expected lol

Helghan

At least make the comparison with other free to play games. I think you'll need more than 1K if you want to buy everything in Apex Legends

Fbh

Lol.
So people want a F2P multiplayer game, with AAA production values, that stays online and gets support for years and either has no microtransactions or lets you buy every cosmetic item for $10.

So basically some sort of charity project?

ManaByte

Gold Member
I 'member. Remember when people didn't need dumb carrots on sticks like fluffy helmets just to play video games? I 'member.

The same people complaining about this stuff are the same people that complain about how we're no longer in the good old days. It's complete nonsense. In the good old days you just played the shitting game. You're getting multiplayer Halo for free, the full campaign can be played on a £1 Game Pass trial, and people are mad because they can't have free dildo armour. Lunacy.

Lol.
So people want a F2P multiplayer game, with AAA production values, that stays online and gets support for years and either has no microtransactions or lets you buy every cosmetic item for $10.

It's almost as if people are seeing cosmetics in a F2P game as an easy angle to bash a game people are otherwise liking a lot.

Black_Stride

they spent 500 million making this game and then decided to make the MP free to play idk what you guys expected lol
This game cost 500 million dollars to make?

Source?
Considering two 343i developers have already debunked that rumor.

It's extortionate but they're just following the trend other f2p games have set

I love cosmetic progression and this is why I'll always prefer paying $60 over free to play, but they make more money with the latter at the end of the day

Last edited:
All are cosmetics that have absolutely no bearing on gameplay, so it doesn't concern me. I played thousands of hours of online multiplayer on Halo 3 and aside from the flaming helmet cosmetic, no one cared about how your Spartan/Elite character looked. All that mattered was winning (in competitive modes) or having fun with friends (Forge/Custom Games).

jaysius

Banned
Nobody needs to buy the cosmetics, although there seems to be a ton of people leaning towards the gray skin to blend in better with the environment even with the color highlights, it does kind of work.

If you're dumb enough to be "effected" by skins then you deserve what you get, this is an FPS you barely ever see your own character.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Lol.

These hot takes and ridiculous assumptions are pretty funny NGL.

Over the course of the next 6 years or longer I’m anticipating that I’ll buy well over 10 battle passes for this game, and I’ll buy the Gungnir outfit too for £15.

I simply think, that like Fortnite and Apex, there should be 3 good skins included with each battle pass. And in my opinion the classic skins would be perfect for that. They can still have wacky/new skins on the store, bundles, funky colours, gun skins and whatever the fuck else they want on the store to supplement the battle pass income.

But nah fam I just want everything in life to be completely free whilst getting a blow job from Bill Gates.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned

I mean I just bought the battle pass, so your saying we are getting scraps for skins/content? If so then they should detail what your getting in the battle pass. I would have bought a higher tier even if it meant better weapons/character skins.

I mean I just bought the battle pass, so your saying we are getting scraps for skins/content? If so then they should detail what your getting in the battle pass. I would have bought a higher tier even if it meant better weapons/character skins.

Probably the worse battle pass I've bought. Everything positive they say always seems to have a caveat. It's no wonder they don't expire

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
OMG who cares. Why does anyone even care about cosmetics in an FPS? FH5 has a lot of cosmetic, emotes and other stupid stuff you win with accolades and I have way less than zero interest in any of them. I never use them or even look at them.

I guess if people actually care about and truly need to have this stupid shit they deserve to pay a ton for it.

• Strength
Reactions: GHG
Top Bottom