• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade II: Senua's Saga - New Trailer | The Game Awards 2021

kingfey

Banned
Just a reminder of the previous showing

What's so hard for you to understand? It looks good just not as good as the previous trailer. That is not a controversial opinion so move your insufferable self along.

Old
Tzalwnm.png

nVkiQSo.png

New
JG1oSOt.png

hCULxuT.png

AM7ak7Y.png
My god, are you guys so dumb?

Do you understand how lightning works?

This battle happened before the guy was captured. The event of the trailer is after he got captured.

People are really dumb.

3liteDragon

lol, not this guy again

I was asking oldergamer for the link to where Epic stated that the first HB2 teaser was real-time because while the game looks amazing, the facial model downgrade from the first teaser proves Alex's guess that the first teaser wasn't running in real-time. 24FPS was the giveaway, I don't know how people didn't catch on to that.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Apparently, you are really dumb. Still does not change what I said, change in lighting can affect how good something looks. The old trailer looks better still.
You are the dumb here pal.

Look at senue first trailer picture. Tons of lightning, The monster is chained.

This trailer is on dark environment. So there isnt enough lightning to show the characters very clear.

Just a reminder of the previous showing

What's so hard for you to understand? It looks good just not as good as the previous trailer. That is not a controversial opinion so move your insufferable self along.

Old
Tzalwnm.png

nVkiQSo.png

New
JG1oSOt.png

hCULxuT.png

AM7ak7Y.png
Besides the fact you're not even taking into consideration lighting and minute location differences, if you paid attention it was confirmed the stuff last year was in-engine. But it's also well-known that in-engine cutscenes are still going to look a slight notch more detailed than real-time visuals, and that's for any game.

What they showed today was in-game, and even with some of the lowered facial details it's still the best-looking stuff that's been shown for a game coming out within the foreseeable near future, at least out of what has been officially revealed anyway. The nitpicking and pointing-out-obvious (possible) "downgrades" is just annoying and serves no real purpose for a game obviously still in the middle of development.

And before you make this a console thing, I hated the nitpicking with the gameplay for Horizon: Forbidden West some people did back in May, as well. That pop-in didn't even get noticed by me watching it at first because I let the game's charms do what they're supposed to do. The overly nitpicky analysis can come later, like when the game's finished and officially released.

Anyone who looks at these captures and still has the nerve to say there was no downgrade is a total bulshitter.

Ah yes, a downgrade for a game still at least a year away and still in development, over gameplay shown this year compared to in-engine footage from 2019. Do you even know what in-engine is?

The only "bullshitters" here are people such as yourself.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
lol, not this guy again

I was asking oldergamer for the link to where Epic stated that the first HB2 teaser was real-time because while the game looks amazing, the facial model downgrade from the first teaser proves Alex's guess that the first teaser wasn't running in real-time.
If you look both sequences of the trailer, you can see one has too much lightning, less dark so faces are more clear. Not only that, it was crispy clear picture.

This trailer is quite in dark mode. The picture wont be as clear as 1st trailer.

kingfey

Banned
You are really stupid. Ok lighting is different and that affects the look of the new trailer, the previous trailer looks better.
The 1st would be better, since you have more lightning.

Check any game on night time, and see whether the face is the same quality as day time.

Boglin

I think it doesn't look as good as the reveal trailer but it still looks better than anything else I've seen so far.

The new the order 1886, looks amazing

This is probably right on the money. I think this game will be one of the top looking games for the rest of the generation.

Last edited:

kbear

That Addictedproxy guy is an obvious troll / console warrior / alt. Dude has like 20 posts.

Anyway, biggest issue is the blur & CA which is hiding details on her face. It would look really close to the original trailer with some clarity there.

Environments look really close, if not the same, but everyone is just harping on the up close facials. The original trailer had environments as well. Compare them to the new trailer, looks incredible.

Overall, easily the best looking game ever seen on a console. Lessen that blur a bit, so we can see more detail on her face and we’re good.

kingfey

Banned
People comparing images with different lighting conditions, angles and character designs...

Hope you're okay.
I question their ability to notices how those things affects pictures.

If you take your phone out, and take a picture of your self, in dark room, it wont be the same thing, as when you turn on the light. Basic things people can see.

Sadly, uneducated people think this as a gatcha moment.

All that taken into consideration the previous trailer looks better in my own opinion. The game still looks amazing but the previous trailer looks better.
The previous trailer was also in-engine. Not gameplay. So saying it looked better is practically redundant because any game's in-engine trailer is going to look better than its gameplay trailer!

That's why it doesn't serve anything in terms of adding to the discussion to bring that up, since one is in-engine and the other is gameplay. At best the gameplay visuals can improve to hit as close to the 2019 stuff as possible but it's not like they're even that far off from those they're quite close to the 2019 footage overall in fact.

That Addictedproxy guy is an obvious troll / console warrior / alt. Dude has like 20 posts.

Anyway, biggest issue is the blur & CA which is hiding details on her face. It would look really close to the original trailer with some clarity there.

Environments look really close, if not the same, but everyone is just harping on the up close facials. The original trailer had environments as well. Compare them to the new trailer, looks incredible.

Overall, easily the best looking game ever seen on a console. Lessen that blur a bit, so we can see more detail on her face and we’re good.

A post that actually has some healthy constructive criticism and can specify on a technical level where they feel some adjustment for the best can be made? Salute!

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned

They still have time to polish the game.
The game wont launch, until the e3 announcement. They need to show the full gameplay and everything.

Tripolygon

Banned
Anyone who looks at these captures and still has the nerve to say there was no downgrade is a total bulshitter.
It is not necessarily a downgrade, change in lighting can drastically affect how something looks. The previous trailer was an in-engine cutscene vs this one which is real-time gameplay so lighting is less curated on a per scene basis.

kingfey

Banned
It is not necessarily a downgrade, change in lighting can drastically affect how something looks. The previous trailer was an in-engine cutscene vs this one which is real-time gameplay so lighting is less curated on a per scene basis.
finally a good sense point,
Cant disagree with this.

AddictedProxy

Neo Member
It can but not on that level. The image quality itself is levels apart and minute details like her wrinkles or her scares are noticeable worse in comparison. Pointing out that one is in-engine and the other is gameplay feels like an excuse tbh. Nobody forced them to put out the in-engine trailer. Might as well go full CG if its not representable.

Tripolygon

Banned
It can but not on that level. The image quality itself is levels apart and minute details like her wrinkles or her scares are noticeable worse in comparison. Pointing out that one is in-engine and the other is gameplay feels like an excuse tbh. Nobody forced them to put out the in-engine trailer. Might as well go full CG if its not representable.
Lighting can drastically affect how something looks. The model can be identical but a change in lighting can make one appear less detailed or realistic. If you take Uncharted 4 for example, the models in cutscene are the same as the models in gameplay but they appear less detailed and because the lighting is different during gameplay.

large.jpg

28125281863_5975df9618_o.png

Last edited:

Neo_game

It was never going to look like the reveal trailer shown some years ago. Moreover that was running at 1800P 24fps that too on a PC.

Ozriel

M$FT

If someone tells me they’ve got $500 million in the bank and I find out they only seem to have $450 million, I’d be a damn clown to go on a rant about how they misrepresented facts. Because - most importantly - they’re still fucking rich.

wailing that one of the most stunning next gen gameplay trailer we’ve seen isn’t up to par with an earlier reveal that was never touted as ‘gameplay’ is completely nuts.

If you truly were convinced that the original trailer wasn't representative of what next gen consoles can put out, why are you complaining about 'downgrades' then?
Where am I complaining? I said it still looks good, it was an observation.

I didn’t say, “wtf microsoft lied to me! This is unfair!”

Butch_0451

It’s so cinematic Kojima fainted.

Seriously though I hate when games turn their games into interactive cutscenes. It’s like the Quantic Dream games.

Beautiful visuals no denying that but just how interactive is this game?

Last edited:

wolffy71

Banned
The way the voices in her head, help to set the tone of the game or scene is really well done. The 1st one was like that too but it gives the game a creepy vibe that is pretty unique. When the voices say "death is coming, look at the bones" im thinking get the fuck outta there lol

SSfox

Downgrade or not it's not super important tbh, maybe there is some but graphics looks great, but the gameplay(which is the most important aspect in any videogame) seems limited and doesn't look very exciting.

Last edited:
It’s so cinematic Kojima fainted.

Seriously though I hate when games turn their games into interactive cutscenes. It’s like the Quantic Dream games.

Beautiful visuals no denying that but just how interactive is this game?
Have you played teh first game? It’s consists of eye puzzles and some veeerry barebones combat segments.

It’s about as Walk-y simulator-y as it gets

Top Bottom