• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice gets Series S|X next gen update today

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
maxresdefault.jpg

Kuranghi

is HDR on consoles just as shitty as on PC?
There is just 1 HDR slider and it raises black and white point at the same time !!!!!!!!!!!! wtf

Afaik that slider is only for SDR, you have to leave it on default for HDR or else it will fuck everything up, the game is relying on you to have a display that will correctly tonemap the 1000 nit output to its own capabilities, if your TV is setup correctly then it should just work.

What was wrong with it specifically when you tried and what display do/did you have? Raised blacks?

reksveks

The fact that MS keeps doing stuff like this makes these 70$ directors cuts look worse and worse.

And it’s all thanks to Gamepass, investing the the catalogue is always worth it

I am waiting for the next 'gen', I think it's more likely to be the next series x. I want to see those fps boost games get another boost especially the ones that need to have a resolution drop.

I have unreasonable hopes for the resolution boost as well.

Kuranghi

Whats the chance we get the visual updates on PC? Since someone said this update was handled by another studio I'm guessing thats a probable no?

I'd hold off on a replay if there is hope.

Last edited:

Bramble

The fact that MS keeps doing stuff like this makes these 70$ directors cuts look worse and worse.

And it’s all thanks to Gamepass, investing the the catalogue is always worth it

Why do you phrase it in a way as if Hellblade is being completely given away for free? If you don't own Hellblade and want to, you're still paying for the game. On top of that it's much smaller in scope and also a lot older. Also no 60fps RT mode and no native 4K mode is kind of underwhelming for a game like this if you ask me.

reksveks

Whats the chance we get the visual updates on PC? Since someone said this update was handled by another studio I'm guessing thats a probable no?

I'd hold off on a replay if there is hope.
Banjo64 has already said its happening and I have seen a screenshot of the faq on twitter where QLOC says its in development so I am holding off as well.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Afaik that slider is only for SDR, you have to leave it on default for HDR or else it will fuck everything up, the game is relying on you to have a display that will correctly tonemap the 1000 nit output to its own capabilities, if your TV is setup correctly then it should just work.

What was wrong with it specifically when you tried and what display do/did you have? Raised blacks?
lg c1 oled. Yeah, 50 (I think that's middle) is probably a way to go. I want to replay this on pc.
But Also, would love ps5 rerelease too... with the 3d audio?! cmon, I would love to play it there

Kuranghi

lg c1 oled. Yeah, 50 (I think that's middle) is probably a way to go. I want to replay this on pc.
But Also, would love ps5 rerelease too... with the 3d audio?! cmon, I would love to play it there

Since its capped to 1000 nits maybe HGIG mode would look good with it, but if it doesn't then I wouldn't use dynamic tonemapping and just go with off, let the game handle it completely.

Kilau

Gold Member
So much hate thrown at this game. Folks forget or just don’t care it was a self published budget title from a small team. It’s an experience not a full priced bloated AAA game. Slamming the “awful” combat or simple puzzles really misses the point.

JackMcGunns

Nice! This game already looked amazing as is, can't wait, I still haven't gotten around to play it, perfect timing!

AphexTwunt

Why do you phrase it in a way as if Hellblade is being completely given away for free? If you don't own Hellblade and want to, you're still paying for the game. On top of that it's much smaller in scope and also a lot older. Also no 60fps RT mode and no native 4K mode is kind of underwhelming for a game like this if you ask me.

🤡

Neo_game

Nice surprise but what they should give info about Hellblade 2. Also going by the different gfx mode option I should think Hellblade2 will have the same.

dcx4610

Nice. I played it on PC originally but I bought a physical copy for XSX just to have it. I'll definitely play it again before the sequel. One of my absolute favorite gaming experiences I've ever had. Brilliant game.

Fredrik

The funny thing is that the "actress" was just someone from the development team.

She worked there as a video editor. They were just testing the equipment with her, but decided to make her the lead actress.

Pretty cool
Yup and she did a terrific job, and now they’re making her do her own martial arts moves in the sequel.

Last edited:

Allandor

Nice surprise but what they should give info about Hellblade 2. Also going by the different gfx mode option I should think Hellblade2 will have the same.
I guess this is something they tested it out with the first game to get a better feeling with this tech. And the patch is than the result of this tech-test.

Markio128

It’s worth a play through, but I wouldn’t play again for the sake of improved visuals. Cool for those who haven’t tried it yet though.

Banjo64

cumsessed
This is a Plague Tale but with a better story?
I’m playing A Plague Tale now and A Plague Tale has better gameplay/story IMO.

Just loaded Performance Mode up on my Series S. The difference is night and day compared to the One S profile.

Last edited:
than forget Hellblade and go enjoy your Playstation if it bothers you that much. or maybe contact Ninja Theory directly and complain about it? what do you want us to do about it?

why you so mad? am i not entitled to my opinion on a public forum? just put me on ignore than if it upsets you that much. its better for your health. i'll say it again. i found hellblade extremely boring and repetitive.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
why you so mad? am i not entitled to my opinion on a public forum? just put me on ignore than.
How am I mad when I’m just repeating your own bizarre opinion back at you? I’m confused, were you mad when you said that in the GOT/Hellblade thread?

And no, I don’t think I will.

DustQueen

Banned
This is a Plague Tale but with a better story?
It's kinda of a different beast.
Main focus here is on audio-visual experience with more of an abstract story about quite a fucked up lady.
But there is a clear vision at it's core
Gameplay is very simple though
BUT to fair game is really good at being what it is.
a decent little adventure with quite more then a couple of memorable moments that is clearly a labor of love for it's small 14 people dev team

How am I mad when I’m just repeating your own bizarre opinion back at you? I’m confused, were you mad when you said that in the GOT/Hellblade thread?

And no, I don’t think I will.

why are you repeating back my opinion? anyway like i said banjo, i thought hellblade was boring but thats just ME. i completely understand that others can think the complete opposite. its nothing to do with console wars. there are many sony games that i think are complete shite too. whats the issue here?

Chukhopops

Tried the patch, game is showing its age in some aspects but damn those faces and animations still look phenomenal. Makes me look forward to the sequel.
oAU4LSY.jpg

Banjo64

cumsessed
why are you repeating back my opinion? anyway like i said banjo, i thought hellblade was boring but thats just ME. i completely understand that others can think the complete opposite. its nothing to do with console wars. there are many sony games that i think are complete shite too. whats the issue here?
Why can’t I repeat your opinion back to you? Your opinion is fine, as was the person saying Sony are snide charging for updates. But you essentially told that person to stop complaining about it on a forum and complain directly to Sony.

DustQueen

Banned
Same. Hopefully they basically make it MS's God of War.
No they will not.
I mean it very well might be a better experience, it just won't be 450 dev team high budget effort

It is once again ll be fairly small budget experimental tittle with dev team consisting of just 40 people

And thank God for that

Why can’t I repeat your opinion back to you? Your opinion is fine, as was the person saying Sony are snide charging for updates. But you essentially told that person to stop complaining about it on a forum and complain directly to Sony.

if my opinion was fine, why you being a jerk and repeating it back to me and being all snidey about it? if you dont agree with it, than just say that then! its fine. i expect that people wont agree with me. like i said in that other thread, yeah its shitty of sony but what more is there to discuss beyond that? we just had a big thread about the same thing the other day.

Top Bottom