• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Played for 5 hours straight yesterday and 3 more today.
Game is fantastic!

For the first 2.5 hours yesterday i didn't get any rewards from missions and had the grey screen when returning to ship.
Do you know if the game will eventually give me the medals and xp?

My friend had 5 metals when we started playing and complained that even though he already had some hours logged, the game didn't give him. Then, after a mission he returned to ship and saw 148 medals. Do you think its connected and we are gonna get the rewards eventually?

5 hours straight ? Πώς ? Game keeps crashing every other match for me brother, it's gotten to the point of being actually ridiculous not to mention completely time-wasting since you can be fighting/managing by the skin of your teeth only for the game to crash 25-30 minutes in, or, even worse, 1-2 minutes before actual extraction...Man, f' this shit, i must have lost a good 2 hours of my life playing this game the last 3 days.

This is on PS5, don't know if things are different on Steam/PC

Cheers

Last edited:

Embearded

5 hours straight ? Πώς ? Game keeps crashing every other match for me brother, it's gotten to the point of being actually ridiculous not to mention completely time-wasting since you can be fighting/managing by the skin of your teeth only for the game to crash 25-30 minutes in, or, even worse, 1-2 minutes before actual extraction...Man, f' this shit, i must have lost a good 2 hours of my life playing this game the last 3 days.

This is on PS5, don't know if things are different on Steam/PC

Cheers

We are also on PS5.
Had to wait ~15 minutes to log in and then we didn't have any crashes, but we didn't get any rewards.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
KyoZz KyoZz how you feel about the mechs? You can finally shit on charger and titans again.

I'd like that too, but I think they age going to nerv it even harder, less ammo, slower and so on. It's far too strong right now
Nerf is fine (I was surprised when I saw a bile titan get completely wrecked by the mech rockets), I think less rocket ammo is a good idea if they can give mechs better mobility.

Tried em against bots. Went from the drop, to exploded (killing me) within literal seconds vs low bot fodder. Health indication is useless.
I don't see how mechs will ever be of use vs bots without being completely op with bugs. Maybe if the developers added a shield to block incoming projectiles? But I actually like the idea that mechs are only good vs one enemy type. It just further contrasts the gameplay between the two enemies further

In terms of balancing it is kind of a problem though. Level 9 bugs with Mechs is much easier than level 7 bots, currently

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
We have to get some exp and medals when you get kicked or the games crashes at the extraction point. It just happens too often. 40 minutes gone for nothing. And the morons who are kicking should be banned.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Gold Member
What is up with these idiots kicking you at the extraction? i wasnt boarding the ship, because i waited 3 sec to reinforce the last guy and i got kicked. Already happened like 3 times.

Mobilemofo

Man the ship dropping the mech looks awesome. Reminds me of when bungie showed Destiny 1 gameplay at E3 and we saw the ship fly by and drop a player (which never happened in the full game).
That sequence was how the titans were delivered In Pacific rim. Also how they should have done the drop of the mechs in titanfall2. It's superb.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
KyoZz KyoZz how you feel about the mechs? You can finally shit on charger and titans again.

Nerf is fine (I was surprised when I saw a bile titan get completely wrecked by the mech rockets), I think less rocket ammo is a good idea if they can give mechs better mobility.
Haven't tried them since I'm on skiing vacations but a friend told me they were ok, just not against Automaton.

Varteras

Gold Member
Haven't tried them since I'm on skiing vacations but a friend told me they were ok, just not against Automaton.
9H6mw7i.jpg

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
For the first 2.5 hours yesterday i didn't get any rewards from missions and had the grey screen when returning to ship.
Do you know if the game will eventually give me the medals and xp?
This seems to happen at times of excessive server demand. Devs have comments that all rewards are still tracked, and they have been allocated later in the past. I wouldn’t worry, you’ll probably get a nice little influx of resources just in time for the new warbond.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Tried em against bots. Went from the drop, to exploded (killing me) within literal seconds vs low bot fodder. Health indication is useless.
Don’t get hit.

I tried against bots - they’re definitely less viable but still absolutely functional. You have to take cover and it’d be nice to have some form of EMS support, but so long as you don’t just charge straight at the enemy you can still unload your munitions into their stupid robot faces very effectively.

The Stig

i had no idea the railgun had an overcharge/unsafe setting until after the update.

Im using the unsafe setting now and holy................................. what was it like BEFORE the NERF?

Jimmy_liv

We are also on PS5.
Had to wait ~15 minutes to log in and then we didn't have any crashes, but we didn't get any rewards.
This is constantly happening to me, plus falling through the floor and getting stuck on the ground picking up samples. My friend had an issue where he couldn't see the stratagens but could still call them if I called the sequence out.

It's broken beyond use at times. Devs seriously need to fix it. It's actually gotten worse lately.

EruditeHobo

Seeing a couple issues -- definitely fell OOW once or twice, saw a few crashes while playing today.

Still really having fun. Played with a friend and tried out the mech today. Killed a Bile Titan with a few rockets.
We're only level 12 or so and playing on Challenging. And that's honestly enough of a challenge for my crew of 4.

Is the +1 Mech strategem going to go away after awhile? Is this just a thing that is like a reward for the newly-freed planet or whatever?

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Is this a bug? Some games I could only select 3 strategems for some reason, other games 4 like usual.

Also had some Chinese player constantly killing himself after being reinforced, probably some hacking nonsense because we completed a 40 minute mission objective in like 2 minutes.

Is the +1 Mech strategem going to go away after awhile? Is this just a thing that is like a reward for the newly-freed planet or whatever?
It's temporarily offered to everyone at any level. They done this with other strategems before too.

It can be permanently unlocked, I think it requires level 25.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Well I need 175 medals by Thursday to finish the current pass (already finished the premium one) so i can feel safe moving to the new one

Just need 50 for the super credits and 125 for the extra respawn bonus. Looking forward to what the new pass brings.

i had no idea the railgun had an overcharge/unsafe setting until after the update.

Im using the unsafe setting now and holy................................. what was it like BEFORE the NERF?

I don't believe unsafe has been nerfed due to its extreme negative of exploding and killing you if you mess up. But that means essentially that it's top tier if you remove the limiter and honestly once you get used to it, it's not an issue.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The game should assign every player a skill score behind the curtain and issue weekly challenges based on that ELO score.

"Accomplish a level 8 duos operation with one other level 7 ELO player."

"Accomplish a level 7 trio operation with 2 other lvl 7 ELO players - Can not use SUPPLY stratagems."

Make it so if you fail, you can't try again until your special order refreshes once per week.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
The game should assign every player a skill score behind the curtain and issue weekly challenges based on that ELO score.
Holy shit no, that's a terrible idea. The game is meant to be fun.

Is this a bug? Some games I could only select 3 strategems for some reason, other games 4 like usual.
Some planets have particular effects at certain difficulty levels, usually aimed at getting higher end players to change their playstyle (or at least experiment more). Early on, scrambled strats made the strat you called down random, letting you see some strats that you're maybe not using because you're following the "meta". Tien Kwan had one of your strats disabled, a nice way of getting you used to using three strats, + a mech.

Pakoe

Finally got to play the game again after a week. Saw I had the ability to drop a mech but wanted to save it till extraction.
We call the ship, the last minute i call in my mech and it lands on a couple of freights and i cant reach it lmao.
I'd get annoyed but the game is just too fun for that to happen.

Killjoy-NL

very untrue. Pre-patch, you could almost always 2-shot a chargers leg armour off with unsafe, anywhere from 80%+ charge.

Now it'll take 5 unless you're charging to 95% and being frame-perfect to not explode.
As long as you can still 2-shot armor, it's the same
It isn't even that hard to do, unless you're getting swarmed, at which point you shouldn't be focusing on the Chargers until you clear some mobs.

Last edited:

Embearded

Played even more today and had some nice moments with Chargers.
They are too hard, if not impossible, to kill with conventional weapons but i used Eagles and Strike gems and it worked.

The Stig

Played even more today and had some nice moments with Chargers.
They are too hard, if not impossible, to kill with conventional weapons but i used Eagles and Strike gems and it worked.
for chargers im reduced to either orbital laser or railgun strike.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The amount of bugs this game has even on PS5 is insane to me. I don’t get why this GaaS is getting a free pass from gamers with this many issues this long after release. Cuz of memes?

I’ve had todwy:

Unable to join a friend
Friend can’t join me
Multiple game crashes
People quitting or crashing
No one able to join our lobby without resetting game

And tons more. This game is in a dog shit state.

april6e

I also am having the same experience. I bought the game because people were raving about how good the game is, how it has extremely consumer friendly BP/store, the servers are fixed and the devs take player feedback well. I've played the game for about 10 hours now and it's the complete opposite.

+I paid full price for the game and yet every single future weapon and equipment that is coming to the game will require Battle Pass purchase. How people are okay with this is beyond me. Even F2P games don't make you pay for new weapons, perks and item added to the game
+The devs are openly hostile to the playerbase's complaints, nerf stuff without buffing it and add RNG elements to the gameplay that aren't fun like the meteor showers
+The game's servers are a mess. It's a 50/50 toss up on whether I can play the game without issue or whether I can't even log into the game/the game freezes after a mission due to the massive amount of players. It took 3 days for me to get in game currency I earned

Besides the complaints that I have above, the game is amazing in every other way. But I just don't understand why the player base is straight up lying about the clear issues the game has.

Last edited:

april6e

Playing a coop PVE game... alone on lvl 9 difficulty and complaining it's too hard....

That is REE level whining.

It's 2024, why are we releasing games without solo modes? The overwhelming majority of gamers play games alone. Also, Helldivers 2 isn't like Overwatch or Halo multiplayer where you literally only have the option to play in teams. If a game allows you to play solo, then it should also have a separate difficulty balancing for solo players. Or don't include solo mode at all.

+I paid full price for the game and yet every single future weapon and equipment that is coming to the game will require Battle Pass purchase. How people are okay with this is beyond me. Even F2P games don't make you pay for new weapons, perks and item added to the game

But I just don't understand why the player base is straight up lying about the clear issues the game has.
The battle pass requires you to play the game to get the weapons. You can't just throw money and unlock the weapons. Its like saying I paid 70$ for Elden Ring but are angry that you don't have every weapon at the very beginning of the game. No, you have to play through it to earn it

People don't really care about the technical server issues because those are almost certainly short term problems. The overall gaming community is excited to see this game grow for next 5+ years

Last edited:
Top Bottom