• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

I also am having the same experience. I bought the game because people were raving about how good the game is, how it has extremely consumer friendly BP/store, the servers are fixed and the devs take player feedback well. I've played the game for about 10 hours now and it's the complete opposite.

+I paid full price for the game and yet every single future weapon and equipment that is coming to the game will require Battle Pass purchase. How people are okay with this is beyond me. Even F2P games don't make you pay for new weapons, perks and item added to the game
+The devs are openly hostile to the playerbase's complaints, nerf stuff without buffing it and add RNG elements to the gameplay that aren't fun like the meteor showers
+The game's servers are a mess. It's a 50/50 toss up on whether I can play the game without issue or whether I can't even log into the game/the game freezes after a mission due to the massive amount of players. It took 3 days for me to get in game currency I earned

Besides the complaints that I have above, the game is amazing in every other way. But I just don't understand why the player base is straight up lying about the clear issues the game has.
Heavy disagree.
I Have enough credits just from playing to buy the premium battlepass 2.5x over.

Except for the mech update, PS5 servers have been pretty good for awhile.. will prob go to shit on Thursday, but only because it's going to hit a new CCU.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

It's 2024, why are we releasing games without solo modes? The overwhelming majority of gamers play games alone. Also, Helldivers 2 isn't like Overwatch or Halo multiplayer where you literally only have the option to play in teams. If a game allows you to play solo, then it should also have a separate difficulty balancing for solo players. Or don't include solo mode at all.
The Arrowhead CEO already confirmed AI NPCs will be added later, so that'll be covered.

stickkidsam

Gold Member
I’ll bet they’re going to make deployable fortresses eventually. I mean I’d be down with it. Call in a space tree house to defend a certain objective for a bit (until a Rolly Polly breaks it like my sand castles).

Wait... numbers go that high??

dks.gif
Zero isn’t a real number, don’t believe his lies.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Wasn't able to connect with friends - so yet another MP game that's frustratingly broken atm.
Took my buddy 20 minutes after a crash today to get back in together. Both on PS5.

Tried joining him who was still near the end of our mission from in game menu. Nope. Tried joining off PSN join game. Nope. Restart game, go to join from PSN , nope.

By then he completed the mission. He tries to join me. Nope. Both restart game and try to join each other nope. Send him invite and it actually sent a notification, he accepts, and it works.

No rhyme or reason. He claims also he has 0 crashes and is level 26 in game.

This is horrendous.

Luipadre

Gold Member
I said it before, but i really hope this game will eventually get DLSS. I just sacrificed like 20 fps and switched to native, because the game looks 100 times better without their ugly ass upscale tech. It destroys the clarity of the awesome explosions too

TrebleShot

Took my buddy 20 minutes after a crash today to get back in together. Both on PS5.

Tried joining him who was still near the end of our mission from in game menu. Nope. Tried joining off PSN join game. Nope. Restart game, go to join from PSN , nope.

By then he completed the mission. He tries to join me. Nope. Both restart game and try to join each other nope. Send him invite and it actually sent a notification, he accepts, and it works.

No rhyme or reason. He claims also he has 0 crashes and is level 26 in game.

This is horrendous.
Similar situation to me, I always get connection issues and back to ship even from my own games.

Pretty annoying when you can only finish a game every other day.

Changed the way I play too so I just rush missions and extract Incase it happens again.

Arsic

Similar situation to me, I always get connection issues and back to ship even from my own games.

Pretty annoying when you can only finish a game every other day.

Changed the way I play too so I just rush missions and extract Incase it happens again.
Lmao. That’s what I told my buddy. Like we gotta rush to finish always.

Little Mac

Have the servers/connection issues been ironed out on PS5? I want to buy it because of the overwhelming positive word-of-mouth from neogaf and the gaming community but I also have a backlog of classics like Ghost of Tsushima and Returnal to dive into.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Have the servers/connection issues been ironed out on PS5? I want to buy it because of the overwhelming positive word-of-mouth from neogaf and the gaming community but I also have a backlog of classics like Ghost of Tsushima and Returnal to dive into.
Hit and miss mate some have fine some have terrible issues

simpatico

Just did my first challenging runs. Was introduced to the bile titans. Hooooly shit it is sweaty. But a ton of fun. Game just gets funner the hairier it gets. Still rocking a Breaker, auto pistol, impact nades, armor that double nade capacity. Stratagems include gas bomb, napalm air strike, the light machine gun (starts with S) and the gatling turret. Feels like a nice well rounded load out. The mech suits are pretty fun!

Last edited:

Arsic

Had a toxic team refusing to do objective.

Down to one life, during which I beg them to do obj. They start talking shit as I’m being revived.

No problem! Take my napalm strike to carpet bomb all 3, then proceed to tea bag into a grenade at my own feet.

Taste my liber-tea bag boys.

bitbydeath

Had a bug where I was coming out of the cryo chamber onto someone else’s ship and somehow ended up stuck behind the glass with all the cryo’s moving about.

Guy was calling me over to start a game and then saw me on the other side of the glass. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

So, Helldivers 2 all-time peak of player was 2 weeks ago, at 458,709 players. Today it got 411,162.
It's still #1 on steam's best sellers WW, ahead of even CS2. This after over a month of its release. Even something like Palworld is at #14.

When was the last time a game was such a huge surprise hit on steam with such stable numbers? There's no way this game isn't at 10M copies sold right?

Last edited:

Arsic

So, Helldivers 2 all-time peak of player was 2 weeks ago, at 458,709 players. Today it got 411,162.
It's still #1 on steam's best sellers WW, ahead of even CS2. This after over a month of its release. Even something like Palworld is at #14.

When was the last time a game was such a huge surprise hit on steam with such stable numbers? There's no way this game isn't at 10M copies sold right?
My biggest head scratcher is that gamers immediately throw games off a cliff if they have launch issues. This one still has the same issues with crashes and matchmaking. Yet now sits at very positive on steam.

No major influencer is driving people to it either.

The game is a total anomaly. Like don’t get me wrong it’s a lot of fun, but the success it has for what the game is PLUS the issues is perplexing.

Good for arrowhead. Hope we get a perma fix to crashes soon.

It will be interesting how the numbers look 6 months from now. Arrowhead has done a great job rolling out content, with much more to come in near future(new faction ect). PvE games usually don't keep player counts this high between major content drops tho. And since their road map has drastically changed, due to popularity, it may be a while until we see big expansions

Regardless, it will be the best PvE game on the market, especially with just teaming up with friends

My biggest head scratcher is that gamers immediately throw games off a cliff if they have launch issues. This one still has the same issues with crashes and matchmaking. Yet now sits at very positive on steam.

No major influencer is driving people to it either.

The game is a total anomaly. Like don’t get me wrong it’s a lot of fun, but the success it has for what the game is PLUS the issues is perplexing.

Good for arrowhead. Hope we get a perma fix to crashes soon.
Most issues the game had on release have been ironed out. It's hardly having the issues it had on release. For a game expected to have like 10k CCU on release..what they did is nothing short of a miracle tbh.

It will be interesting how the numbers look 6 months from now. Arrowhead has done a great job rolling out content, with much more to come in near future(new faction ect). PvE games usually don't keep player counts this high between major content drops tho. And since their road map has drastically changed, due to popularity, it may be a while until we see big expansions

Regardless, it will be the best PvE game on the market, especially with just teaming up with friends

Seems like they will keep pumping out lots of content in the near future...so the game will be stable tbh. Not sure how it will look in 6 months though, but i really can't imagine numbers declining of a cliff.

Arsic

Most issues the game had on release have been ironed out. It's hardly having the issues it had on release. For a game expected to have like 10k CCU on release..what they did is nothing short of a miracle tbh.

Seems like they will keep pumping out lots of content in the near future...so the game will be stable tbh. Not sure how it will look in 6 months though, but i really can't imagine numbers declining of a cliff.
I bought it on release and refunded it due to 3 crashes back to back when about to complete a mission.

This weekend I played 4-5 hours. Here I’ve had another 4 crashes close to end of mission.

Slightly better? Sure. Ironed out? Fuck no.

//DEVIL//

did they update the graphics in this game ?

lately i noticed its much better looking than it was when i bought it 1 month ago.

Also, I do not play much. I am still level 11 playing on normal. but when i hit quick play, Not many people with me as a team. only 1 or 2. . we are rarely a 4.

is there a proper way to do this?

phant0m

I don't really have any friends I could play this with, is matchmaking with randos generally miserable?

Nah it’s fine. Not as good as with friends, but still fun. Just make sure you carry your weight / “know how to play” once you start doing Hard+ or you’ll get kicked by the lobby leader.

did they update the graphics in this game ?

lately i noticed its much better looking than it was when i bought it 1 month ago.

Also, I do not play much. I am still level 11 playing on normal. but when i hit quick play, Not many people with me as a team. only 1 or 2. . we are rarely a 4.

is there a proper way to do this?
I think in a previous patch they fixed some texture things and something with antti-aliasing, so that could be what you're seeing. But also, the new planets have been pretty damn nice.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

How many PC copies did Palworld sell after one month?

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

PSA when using the Scorcher:
If you kill an enemy that's right in front of you, the explosion kills you as well.

That's the only real downside to the weapon. Amazing rifle.

Can't wait for the new Warbond.

Also just checked the leaks of the new faction, they look cool and sound interesting.
Any word on when they might be added in the game?

GymWolf

Gold Member
I had my first moment with 5 bile titans 3 chargers and many small insects on level 8...we survived somehow.

Arc thrower is absolutely viable even on higher difficulty, there is no better weapon to melt hordes, not the ft or the gl.

I'm not using the mechs suit at all, i just give it to my squad mates.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Did the spawn rate is fixed ?

Did a lvl 7 operation with a friend today after few days of not playing and we managed it pretty well. After the patch it was complete chaos, with spawning everywhere.
Note, that we're often splitted in several groups and after the patch I had the feeling the mission that went well were the missions where we made 2/3 groups doing different stuff on the map.

Tested the flamethrower. Very effective, especially against chargers. You have to be mindfull of your surroundings and teammates (and they should pay attention to you too) but very effective to clear a wave enemies (if no hunters is jumping at you xD)

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I said it before, but i really hope this game will eventually get DLSS. I just sacrificed like 20 fps and switched to native, because the game looks 100 times better without their ugly ass upscale tech. It destroys the clarity of the awesome explosions too
I'll have to try it out too.

Edit: Can't find it. How is it called?

Last edited:

Embearded

Did the spawn rate is fixed ?

Did a lvl 7 operation with a friend today after few days of not playing and we managed it pretty well. After the patch it was complete chaos, with spawning everywhere.
Note, that we're often splitted in several groups and after the patch I had the feeling the mission that went well were the missions where we made 2/3 groups doing different stuff on the map.

Tested the flamethrower. Very effective, especially against chargers. You have to be mindfull of your surroundings and teammates (and they should pay attention to you too) but very effective to clear a wave enemies (if no hunters is jumping at you xD)

I believe the game has some dynamic elements, controlled by the studio, like the enemy density and power, something like a DM in D&D.
I've logged 10 hours since Friday, which is after the last update and i observed fluctuations in enemy power and density on the same difficulty.

Top Bottom