• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy has nearly 500,000 concurrent players on Early Access at Steam alone

Lokaum D+

Thank you, JK Rowling for creating such an amazing universe!

6baae8c3a305e6f78b70f91b4d7210f3--bodies-legs.jpg
jla07X9.jpg

I think it's safe to say this will be 2023's biggest seller, right?
Yeah!? What could top it really? Maybe a call of duty but only the modern warfare brand does crazy numbers these day.

I think zelda might give it a run for its money on launch week but will sell less throughout the year overall

I think it's safe to say this will be 2023's biggest seller, right?

Zelda: ToTK, FFXVI, RE4R, FIFA 24 ( or EA Soccer w/e), CoD 2023, Spider-Man 2, Starfield etc., for the big AAA space other than this.

Hard to guess tbh, but this will do insane numbers going just by the momentum of pre-orders and other social media analytics...

YuLY

NA is more console than PC, we will soon be after peak, its 20-21PM already in EU.
Yep, although lets not forget tomorrow. Saturdays are peak days unless you launch monday/tuesday. I can see it reach 800k, but yea I dont think it will reach 2nd place and beat Elden and even less chance of beating the SP record holder, 2077.

Whats more cool is that soon it will reach 8th place for most concurrent players ever on steam, between all games, including multiplayer ones. Now thats really impressive.

Last edited:

Tomi

This is crazy, i think it will break Elden Ring

I would never even guess that this will be such a big hit

Alandring

Zelda: ToTK, FFXVI, RE4R, FIFA 24 ( or EA Soccer w/e), CoD 2023, Spider-Man 2, Starfield etc., for the big AAA space other than this.

Hard to guess tbh, but this will do insane numbers going just by the momentum of pre-orders and other social media analytics...
I think Starfield is the only game which could do better on Steam, but it will be really hard with GamePass.

Overall, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Marvel's Spider-Man and EA Sports 24 could all do more than 20M (maybe not in 2023 alone), so it will be a close race. But Hogwarts Legacy has the big advantage to be available everywhere.

The launch of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch versions will be really important for them. They did the right call in delaying those versions, but they need to be perfect.

TheHolyGhost

Neo Member
it stabilized just under 700k for today, Elden Ring's first day was just under 895,000 and then it shot up to 950,000+ after the hype exploded, Hogwarts might bump to 750k but another 250k players is so unlikely, everyone who really wanted to play it is already playing.

Still a monster launch however, I thought it'd get 250k max this is insane

The launch of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch versions will be really important for them.

Will they though?

Switch will sell boatloads, maybe even 10 million + on Switch alone (if it's native and not cloud), but last gen?

Most of the core customers, i.e. the ones with purchasing power of every new AAA game, have moved on to current gen, and even if you take supply chain / scalpers / demand issue into context, it's a minimal percentage OF THAT CUSTOMER BASE with purchasing power, who are left out. They'll be looking to buy a PS5/Series X than buy the last gen version.

Honestly, I'd be really surprised if the combined total units on PS4 and Xbone touches 5 million LTD.

YuLY

Low chance, but just having the headline that it passed Elden Ring to become 2nd for concurrent record for SP, would be so good. I just wanna see the degenerates cry.

Top Bottom