• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West: Review Thread |

Dang that DF tech review:
perfect hugh grant GIF

[but apparently not spoiler free?] shows a massive improvement in grass/vegetation variation, interaction, insane water upgrade over first, ambient occlusion in buidings etc. The most impressive ps5 game yet imo.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about video game culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in japan where you get a pass if you slap the word "nintendo" in the box art. If you score less than 95 on metacritic, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the genral public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase HFW, nor will they purchase any of Sony games. This is LARGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire studio with this.

Sony publicly apologize and cancel HFW you can kiss your business goodbye.
excited ralph wiggum GIF

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
My guess for the score missed by 1 point (90-92). But it's a great score so far and could still go higher. Game looks great and it's the only one released by Sony so far that kind of makes me wish I had a PS5.

Enjoy SonyBros it looks like you've got a really good one here.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Can’t wait, been reading and watching video reviews and there seems to be a big disconnect between some of these reviewers experiences. Think some people just showing their asses with this one.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Anyone else kinda pissed about this coming out so close to Elden Ring?

Really do not want to barrel through it in a couple of weeks in order to be ready for From's game, especially when at least visually this is going to be the more impressive title.

jaysius

Banned

The good​

• Utterly breathtaking visuals
  • Fantastic worldbuilding
  • Chock full of three dimensional characters
  • Lance Reddick should play Thrawn

The bad​

• The traversal is singular in its solutions.
  • The combat is too easily optimised.
  • There’s a distinct lack of polish that I’m accustomed to from Sony first-party titles
  • The Focus is too quick to dictate your next move
Some very poor points to give it a 6.5 tbh. After all the work Guerrilla Games put into this game compared to many other games, anything less than a 9 is straight up disrespect to the talented developers.
This is what indoctrination looks like.

Many more honest reviews are echoing these sentiments, he’ll even padded ones are saying this but padding the score.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Anyone else kinda pissed about this coming out so close to Elden Ring?

Really do not want to barrel through it in a couple of weeks in order to be ready for From's game, especially when at least visually this is going to be the more impressive title.

Then wait, the game won’t be any worse in a couple of months, if anything it might be devoid of current bugs.

It’s not a multiplayer game, you’re not going to miss the train.

As someone who enjoyed but didn’t love the first. I’m excited to play this one. I just wish it didn’t come out a week before elden ring. Imma play that first then come back to this

i review 1st party snoy games on a scale from 0 to 2

the 1st point is earned by being a near perfect or better video game including the gameplay graphics and technical performence

the 2nd point is earned by having explicit sex scenes

this game better get a 2 out of 2 or im gonna be pissed

Corndog

Banned

The good​

• Utterly breathtaking visuals
  • Fantastic worldbuilding
  • Chock full of three dimensional characters
  • Lance Reddick should play Thrawn

The bad​

• The traversal is singular in its solutions.
  • The combat is too easily optimised.
  • There’s a distinct lack of polish that I’m accustomed to from Sony first-party titles
  • The Focus is too quick to dictate your next move
Some very poor points to give it a 6.5 tbh. After all the work Guerrilla Games put into this game compared to many other games, anything less than a 9 is straight up disrespect to the talented developers.
Oh no. Someone gave a game a bad score. How will we carry on.

These threads are always good for one or two mentally ill fanboys.

I could never get into the first one and this sounds like not much has been improved in terms of gameplay so I’ll check it out when it’s cheap or comes to pc.

With elden ring so close I’d rather wait for a game with good combat. It’s 2022 and so many games suck mechanically still.

Last edited:
These threads are always good for one or two mentally ill fanboys.

I could never get into the first one and this sounds like not much has been improved in terms of gameplay so I’ll check it out when it’s cheap or comes to pc.

With elden ring so close I’d rather wait for a game with good combat. It’s 2022 and so many games suck mechanically still.
Same. First one was maybe a 6.5 for me. Just didn't enjoy it, but I understand those that did. This for sure seems improved though. Will try at a friend's and decide if I will get it when it comes to PC.

retsof624

Have any reviews mentioned the mount riding being better? It was clunky as hell in the first game. I would assume it's improved since they have racing in this.

GymWolf

Lol they really love poor Karak Karak on reeee

He also said "wait for sale" in his TLOU2 review, had some ridiculous, objectively wrong complaints…
and made transphobic remarks afterwards.

Curious about what transophobic remark they think he did...

Were you joking about the absolute cringe that was the bigot sandwich scene?!

nowhat

...did you honestly expect a From game to look better than something Guerrilla does?

Looking forward to playing it! A tad bummed Sony didn't hook us up, but such is a life of the gaming industry and if your social media metrics are not up to the publishers standards. Oh well, there is always a next time. Can't wait to platinum this!

Looking forward to playing it! A tad bummed Sony didn't hook us up, but such is a life of the gaming industry and if your social media metrics are not up to the publishers standards. Oh well, there is always a next time. Can't wait to platinum this!
dont worry the exclusive news about the switch port will be in your tips email box anyday now

Karak

Lol they really love poor Karak Karak on reeee

He also said "wait for sale" in his TLOU2 review, had some ridiculous, objectively wrong complaints…
and made transphobic remarks afterwards.

Curious about what transophobic remark they think he did...

Were you joking about the absolute cringe that was the bigot sandwich scene?!
Wait...what? I did no such thing. I was told I got banned because I liked a comment and because i posted here. Even one of the mods told me that and said to just walk on as it wasn't worth it. Hell even the pic someone sent me of the thread said that. I absolutely did not say anything like that.
I swear every single time someone tells the story it goes weirder.

Last edited:
Top Bottom