• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West: Review Thread |

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
sQMn0wW.jpg

His twitter profile pic vs how he actually looks
I guess someone worships Demeter way too much.

GymWolf

About the flamboyant singer guy, we had this guy dressed like this in the most important italian music contest of the year, clearly guerrilla likes shitty italian music

02_Achille-Lauro-in-Gucci_70-Festival-di-Sanremo_1-serata_IPA-Agency.jpg

And before you ask, no, this is not even his final form.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
You are warned, this is the stuff of nightmares:

Overall, looks a lot denser for content than the first one, but less polished.

Texture pop-in shouldnt even be happening on the PS5. Didnt they build this on the PS5 SDK?

No idea why the game is so buggy either. This is Sony's premiere franchise. Why they are treating this like Days Gone is beyond me. Delay it another couple of months. I dont want to play a game where graphics are its biggest selling point and it is loading entire game world objects in front me.

They delayed TLOU2 like four times in five months. Why not Horizon?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Texture pop-in shouldnt even be happening on the PS5. Didnt they build this on the PS5 SDK?

No idea why the game is so buggy either. This is Sony's premiere franchise. Why they are treating this like Days Gone is beyond me. Delay it another couple of months. I dont want to play a game where graphics are its biggest selling point and it is loading entire game world objects in front me.

Is the video pre or post day 1 patch?That could explain a lot based on the DF video.

Dude, who cares. The person likes Xbox more. So what. There are going to be reviewers out there who like PlayStation more. Does their bias bother you?

Someone's review score doesn't change the game you're getting.
This doesnt make sense. Thats a horrible reviewer.

Because Cuphead was exclusive to Xbox it’s not a 10?
Because Ghost of Tsushima runs on a Playstation I should grade it highly? (game is a 7.5)

In an industry where half the games is about killing humans...this is where you draw the line?
yes, I believe in equality. Nipples should be out man or woman.

I like how people go why do they shove these flamboyant males in my games! First god, now game developers!!

Thank you, everyone. I know you all wanted the NoLootingBox review without playing the game, so here it is:

If you liked the first one, most likely you will enjoy this one.

Play the F game and never pay attention to reviews that give a score or trolls who call themselves journalists but are just fanboys who only want clicks on their sites.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by Manifest

Dr Bass

This doesnt make sense. Thats a horrible reviewer.

Because Cuphead was exclusive to Xbox it’s not a 10?
Because Ghost of Tsushima runs on a Playstation I should grade it highly? (game is a 7.5)

I'm not saying it's a consistent or a "good" reviewer. I'm saying "it happens" and it does so across all of the platforms so why spend energy getting upset? You literally can't control anything about it, except your response. So better off just shrugging and letting it go instead of whining.

None of the negatives seem like things that would actually bother me - I don’t even need a game to be bug free. Horizon 1 was one of the best games of the last gen - if they topped that I’m there. Seems to be the case - fuckin lol at that 6.5 tho

Atrus

Gold Member
Looks like the game hit it out of the park based on reviews though the audio and graphical bugs are a disappointment. Hopefully they get patched quickly.

Now they have an arena I hope they can drop in some special battle DLCs over time. Fight 3 Epsilon Cauldron Fireclaws released 30 seconds after each other! Fight a Thunderjaw and Tremor Tusk with 3 control towers healing them! Fight a Demonic Rollerback and Demonic Rockbreaker all at once.

The pants destroying fights were always the best.

noise36

Good reviews! 89 seems to be at the upper end of what I thought it would get, its probably a 85 game with +4 Sony exclusive polish.

Cant wait to play it on ps5!

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You are warned, this is the stuff of nightmares:

Overall, looks a lot denser for content than the first one, but less polished.

i feel like if they don’t get another patch out in the next couple of days we are going to see some insane videos come launch day. This is going to be assassins creed levels of crazy videos when people start capturing them.

it’s like every review mentions the pop in and strange bugs, I’m quite surprised John lineman didn’t highlight them or discuss them more. if every reviewer is having these issues it’s obviously a widespread issue and not something I would expect from a First party Sony title.

Dr Bass

i feel like if they don’t get another patch out in the next couple of days we are going to see some insane videos come launch day. This is going to be assassins creed levels of crazy videos when people start capturing them.

it’s like every review mentions the pop in and strange bugs, I’m quite surprised John lineman didn’t highlight them or discuss them more. if every reviewer is having these issues it’s obviously a widespread issue and not something I would expect from a First party Sony title.
I thought John said they got the day one patch that basically resolved these issues? Maybe I misread his review.

GHG

Couple more reviews:

Fextralife wasn't so hot on the story and characters (which is a shame because he's well seasoned in RPG storytelling) but was fond of everything else.

i dont want spoilers. dont want to read/watch reviews.

All i care to know is, did they improve the crappy exploration, traversal, boring NPCS and melee combat of the first game? Because everything else about the original was good except those things.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Chasing money can only work for so long. They were lucky past gen thanks to the failures of Nintendo and Xbox.

This gen they really should have diversified their games, not sacrificed one thing for the other.
Look I would LOOOVE Sony to give me first party JRPG like Nintendo but with current Sony I just don’t see that happening.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
couldn’t have picked a worse time to come out for me, gonna be like spider man and I get to it 4 months after it comes out. Plus side the minor bugs will get fixed by then.

When I get tired of Witch Queen it will be waiting for me.

Top Bottom